Sign in to follow this  
drift501

Making A Vehicle Play Music

Hello. In this mission I am making I want a Huey to play music that you can only hear when the huey is nearby. I tryed this script in a trigger with h1 being my huey.

h1 say3d "VTE_fortunateson"

but apon mission start It says it cannot find "VTE_fortunateson". This is the classname of the music I want to play because the song plays apon the playMusic command. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, drift501

Edited by drift501

Hi, are you playing with the VTE mod?

If I can remember correctly the mod has music in it. not sure if it has fortunate son, I would see why not, its from the Vietnam era.

If you place a trigger and go to effects, you can set the trigger so that when the chopper enters it the music will play.

I'm assuming the faction is blufor, so just make blufor present, make the trigger big enough so that by the time the music stars to play that the chopper isn't already gone.

But not sure if thats the same mod.

It is VTE and yes, it has Fortunate Son, the classname of which is "VTE_fortunateson" and I know this works because

h1 playMusic "VTE_fortunateson

will play the music but this is not what I want. I want the actual huey to emit the sound (the closer you are the louder the music, the further away you are the quieter the music until you eventually can't hear it) which is what say3d is. It says something about defining sounds in the description.ext. Do I need to, and if so how do I do so.

Ok I see, sounds like a cool idea, great song by the way, but all i can do is point you to the description.exe script, reference,

maybe you can find something there to help you clear up what your looking to do.

See here:

Description.ext

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

cfgSounds, cfgRadio, & cfgMusic is probably what you want.

Hope that helps.

So if I get an .ogg file of fortunate son and put that under Welcome%To%Vietnam.SEA\music then put this in my description.ext

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};
class fortunateson
{

name = "fortunateson";

sound[] = {"music\fortunateson.ogg", 1, 1};
	titles[] = {};
};
};

and then put this in a trigger

h1 say3d "fortunateson"

my helicopter should emit Fortunate Son.

Seems like it would work, have you tested it yet?

and then put this in a trigger

Code:

h1 say3d "fortunateson"

my helicopter should emit Fortunate Son.

is the h1 in reference to the helicopter, where the sound is to emit from?

Yes it is. I have tryed it and it works perfectly. I couldn't hear the music but then as the helicopter got closer to me I started to hear the music and then when it flew right pass me the music was loud and the music started to fade to nothing as it was flying away.

Hi!

I have a similar question to this. I wanna play songs in some helis with the actionmenu. The songs are already in the missionfile because i use them for a loudspeaker at base.

Conditions:

- Only players in vehicle can hear the sounds (maybe vehicleChat) OR play the songs with the Say3D command. So everybody can hear the songs.

- Able to play and stop the songs

- Play songs randomly

- Songs must stop when all players leave the vehicle or disconnect

maxx

PS: I know there is a car radio mod...but in don't wanna use it...sorry.