Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - WIP

Looks great! :D

quick question, what's with the panels on the BTR @1:28?

The engine covers can be opened for engine ventilation or sometimes for cover.

Looks epic! Question though, are those BI aircraft or ones you guys made?

The choppers you see are the vanilla arma 2 helis. There will come a time when we (hopefully) get permission from BIS to edit the MLODs to dress them up better.

Super nice video,no russian faction is complete without RHS working their magic.

Your soldier models are truly inspirational. It makes me want to redo my US soldiers. If you don't mind me asking can you give me a break down of poly count for your soldier model minus the head and the texture sizes. I'm really at odds with myself over my poly count and texture sizes.

I also have another question. I've seen some pictures of the AK-74m with blue tape around the magazines. Blue is the NATO ammunition color for training practice rounds and generally if not always if there's any blue on any part of a weapon it means training practice, so are those suppose to have blanks or is it just a technical oversight? It still looks amazing!

The tapes are very easy, its just a very common type of tape. But they would use anything they had really.

rifle0209.jpg

rifle0207_03.jpg

noticed OPVT hardware on some vehicles. cool :)

watching movie kinda remind me WIC:SA teaser intro music[entitled "Red menace" or something ? on youtube].

p.s.

60-rounds clips for AK/AEK in ? :)

new optical sights for AR's ? day, NV, and day/night.

tape allow you stick 2 mags together and change them faster in fight

in game though its purely visual, not functional, same reload time.

noticed OPVT hardware on some vehicles. cool :)

watching movie kinda remind me WIC:SA teaser intro music[entitled "Red menace" or something ? on youtube].

p.s.

60-rounds clips for AK/AEK in ? :)

new optical sights for AR's ? day, NV, and day/night.

>Clips

Also, the video has some nice cinematogrophy, especially the last scene.

Looking real forward to it.

Edited by Archosaurusrev

90 for ak74 and 60 for ak47

60rd for AK-74/AK-1xx/AK-12/AEK-9xx

100rd for AK-47

45rd and 75rd for for RPK47/74

75rd for RPD.

20rd and 30rd for AK-9.

10rd 20rd and [semi-productional due reliability issues]30rd for VSS/AS/OTs-14/SR-3&others, chambered for 9x39.

and etc and etc.

mind also [not produced]extended mag for bizon smg, boasting further, similarity with father of it - Calico 950 model.

kinda remind me famous photos of Boris Yeltsyn happily smiling[just like he had sex(with gun ;)]with Calico.

Quite liked the trailer, great scenes and props for not going to the Russia vs US equipment route, I like that you didn't really get to see what was being fired upon.

Looking forward to seeing more Russian Federation stuff from you guys :)

Edited by NodUnit

:) in missions we mostly firing on CDF and all sorts of other insurgencies

I've seen some pictures of the AK-74m with blue tape around the magazines. Blue is the NATO ammunition color for training practice rounds and generally if not always if there's any blue on any part of a weapon it means training practice, so are those suppose to have blanks or is it just a technical oversight? It still looks amazing!

That tape is manufactured in blue color since mid 70-s (less often - in black color). It's adhesive tape made for using in electrical works mainly. But in fact it was used to be soviet-style Scotch tape:)

so are those suppose to have blanks or is it just a technical oversight?

this made me giggle on the inside

Edited by PuFu

Great peace of work again! Looking forward to let them march.

I immediatly thought the voice of the singer is familiar to me - I love 7B's song Osen. :)

Edited by DiFool

Shouldent they be using digital camo?

This was addressed in an earlier post mate. The digital pattern is a distinctly different cut of uniform, so the models on the existing troops would be wrong if they had digital camo. ;)

Dont forget this is only v0.1.

We have many other releases and im sure digital troops will be in one of them.

Edited by colonel stagler

That tape is manufactured in blue color since mid 70-s (less often - in black color). It's adhesive tape made for using in electrical works mainly. But in fact it was used to be soviet-style Scotch tape:)

generally, in soviet-time, differently-colored adhesive duct tape, had different color according to their electrical voltage in cicuitry/networks, they are designed to work with.

blue ones is rated second from top and most popular, both because versatility and availability in-stocks/stores/shops.

Hey RHS team, a simple question. What armored vehicles can we expect in the initial release of the mod?

Can we expect all or most of the T-64 variants? What about T-80 variants? Are more modern T-80U/UD will be in the initial release or in the later ones?

Thanks for any answers. :)

Hey RHS team, a simple question. What armored vehicles can we expect in the initial release of the mod?

Can we expect all or most of the T-64 variants? What about T-80 variants? Are more modern T-80U/UD will be in the initial release or in the later ones?

Thanks for any answers. :)

You can expect the tanks from the T-80 pack, with many fixes and improvements. Other tanks will come in later releases. Besides, there will be much more to play with than just tanks. ;)

You can expect the tanks from the T-80 pack, with many fixes and improvements. Other tanks will come in later releases. Besides, there will be much more to play with than just tanks.

Thanks for answer. And yeah, sure, other additions will also be great. :)

But one more question, I assume that as it was said, if BMPT is planned to be added in future, so for example more accurate model for T-90 than the BIS one also can find it's way in to the mod, as well as T-90A, aim I right?

You know, I'am just a tanknut. :rolleyes: