Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - WIP

Correct me if im wrong as im no scripter or even have any skill with the editor but isnt there a part in the readme that explains how to set gear and decals to your liking?

Afaik only the T-80 gear is random, the decals should be free to choose by the mission maker.

Unfortunately, sometimes stuff on BTRs is displayed randomly too. As for the decals, now they can be turned on or off only (and then you can place some of them manually via setObjectTexture, maybe).

Unfortunately, sometimes stuff on BTRs is displayed randomly too. As for the decals, now they can be turned on or off only (and then you can place some of them manually via setObjectTexture, maybe).

the gear, or as we call it "habar" is random on all vehicles except the Tochka. In the readme's we did mention how to customize and turn it off.

@(2142)Gen.Reaper

Currently not, but once the mainly needed stuff is done many things are possible.

But dont count on it.

Edited by Shadow NX

the gear, or as we call it "habar" is random on all vehicles except the Tochka. In the readme's we did mention how to customize and turn it off.

I know it. But I've noticed that sometimes some parts of gear which should be shown are not displayed. For example, I wanted all the boxes, water cans and rear spare wheel to be displayed on BTR. But cans or wheel sometimes weren't displayed.

The thing with the decals that even now on the released rhs addons they are fully and completely customizable. The reason why it is not currently documented is that the complexity of the decal scripts has come out of the scope of simple mission add. The scripts are uber flexible. We are able to customize 1 p3d with many versions/ positions/ different kinds of randomization of decals/numbers. And while the decal scripts are the same for all, every type of vehicle has a completely unique customization and different set of procedures of configuration. I am thinking about how to document it in a user friendly manner, but for now we just put it into the "just for looks" box.

in a friendly manner ? how about making a tutorial on youtube ?

I have not thought of making s300/400 but have be tempt to make tracked pantsir or Tunguska or high detail Shikla but have many more important tank to complete first(t80/t64/MTLB)

I have not thought of making s300/400 but have be tempt to make tracked pantsir or Tunguska or high detail Shikla but have many more important tank to complete first(t80/t64/MTLB)

T-64??? Hell yeah!:bounce3:

Two questions I have in regards to this project:

Any plans to include a BMPT?

Any thoughts on using a system like the littlebird enhancement mod, to possibly make passengers in BMP's able to fire out of the gun ports?

Love what you guys have done previously, and am looking forward to updates on this project. Thanks for all you do.

Edited by franklin

Any plans to include a BMP-T?

Yes.

*runs away from SA...*

Any thoughts on using a system like the littlebird enhancement mod, to possibly make passengers in BMP's able to fire out of the gun ports?

it would need a completely different system, there are little to no similarities in terms of what is needed with the mentioned one...

I meant the comment about the LBEM in a more general fashion, as in similar to it. Just using it as an example, rather than asking for the LBEM to be used itself. Just asking if any thought had been put towards attempting the infantry to shoot out of the BMP. That has been the thing about BMPs that always fascinated me, and wished could be added in game.

And I'm stoked about the BMPT, that thing is wicked deadly.

As I know, IRL BMP gun ports were used so rarely, that it isn't necessary to bring this in game. Main situation when they are used is battle in NBC-contaminated area. I doubt that RHS team has such great amount of free time for making fire ports useable.

Any plan to include more tactical ballistic missile, like 9K52 Luna-M, OTR-23 Oka, 9K720 Iskander or a more detailed Scud-B?

Probably a stupid question - will there be desert camo troops too?

lets face it it, the scud is too old, the topal-m needs to replace it ;)

This is great news,more toys for us to play with.

Any small slighty chance for special forces vehicles like the Gaz Tigr or more ordinary ones like BTR-80?

lets face it it, the scud is too old, the topal-m needs to replace it ;)

They already have the Tochka-U. I dont think we will see many more TELs from RHS because their utility in game is limited.

O!

Mates, what about add a ГÐЗ Тигр(GAZ Tiger)

Its a good RU Light MRAP, maby apply some armor modifcations to make it or honored :)

DSHK and AGS variants be good :)

http://guzei.com/photo/img/47/3851.jpg >100kb!

http://popgun.ru/files/g/51/orig/2177638.jpg >100kb!

Interior

go.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fimg200.imageshack.us%2Fi%2F10620420ghw.jpg%2F

go.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fimg149.imageshack.us%2Fi%2F10620419woq.jpg%2F

dunno why dont show this images, try open this interior images in new window, forum issue

Armored

7038266bebd8.jpg

10620420ghw.jpg

Thanks, its be great to see a nextgen vehicles

I belive you can make it :)

sorry, dunno how resize linked pics :)

Edited by Foxhound

@J-Guid

Deliberatly posting images over the 100kb limit is not appreciated. Just dont hotlink them if you do not know how to resize them.

Infraction +1.

This is great news,more toys for us to play with.

Any small slighty chance for special forces vehicles like the Gaz Tigr or more ordinary ones like BTR-80?

Well it's certainly on our minds but i can't promise you anything

Might be a slight chance ;)

T-64??? Hell yeah!

T-64 is favorite tank expect all major variant of it +T-80 ^_^

Hello, it's my first post.

@hitokiri

I have a question, if You mean that all major variants of T-64 will be included that this means also Ukrainian T-64BM "Bulat" vel T-64U and T-64BM2?

As for T-80 series, can we expect also besides standard T-80UD it's upgraded variant Object 478BE with welded turret from T-84 series? Or a hybrid T-80UE-1 (T-80UD turret on modified T-80BV hull)?

Would be nice to know. :)

T-64 is favorite tank expect all major variant of it +T-80 ^_^

Could you tell some more info about T-64 variants that will be made?