Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 91138 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

I hope next patch comes before Christmas and will included at least 1 of 5 most popular bugs :)

Ever since the Beta Patches that did this:

[93812] Fixed: Restrict gamma value set by profile

[93809] Fixed: Restrict brightness value set by profile

...my brightness and/or gamma settings have been drastically lowered on Chernarus. Both settings in Video Options remain untouched at the 1.0 defaults, yet my game is much darker. Raising Brightness and Gamma cannot restore the original look to the unpatched game.

The darker, richer colors look great in the daytime, but during the evening, shadows become impenetrably dark, inhibiting my ability to see. Worse yet, for almost the entire night, my game becomes pitch-black. Where before, moonlight would illuminate open areas and allow operations without NVGs, now the entire island is shadowed in complete darkness. I can't play against AI or humans in these conditions, because they can see MUCH more than I can.

I don't entirely understand why the above changes should have this effect, but it is a major problem.

Ever since the Beta Patches that did this:

[93812] Fixed: Restrict gamma value set by profile

[93809] Fixed: Restrict brightness value set by profile

...my brightness and/or gamma settings have been drastically lowered on Chernarus. Both settings in Video Options remain untouched at the 1.0 defaults, yet my game is much darker. Raising Brightness and Gamma cannot restore the original look to the unpatched game.

The darker, richer colors look great in the daytime, but during the evening, shadows become impenetrably dark, inhibiting my ability to see. Worse yet, for almost the entire night, my game becomes pitch-black. Where before, moonlight would illuminate open areas and allow operations without NVGs, now the entire island is shadowed in complete darkness. I can't play against AI or humans in these conditions, because they can see MUCH more than I can.

I don't entirely understand why the above changes should have this effect, but it is a major problem.

Erm, might it be you posted in the wrong thread?