dslyecxi

ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement Mod (beta)

Also, since I know this will come up: No, I do not plan to make this for any other vehicles aside from the xH-6 platform. If you'd like to take on that challenge, feel free - I just do not personally have the time for it.

Enjoy! :D

I was trying to port this to the RACS littlebird, once the ACE functionality was disabled properly. I've been tweaking a cfgpatch for RACS air units (with Eddies knowledge) and I mistakenly took this post to mean go ahead with permission granted... have PM'd dyslexci now.

p.s. dys if you pm'd me - i didn't get it - my inbox was full until i emptied some stuff this morning - sorry for any confusion/misunderstanding here.

Edited by eggbeast

@ Dslyecxi

please, can you make a version of this useful addon for people who don't use ACE?

thanks

@ Dslyecxi

please, can you make a version of this useful addon for people who don't use ACE?

thanks

I second this motion :p

he's working on it guys - hence asking me to withdraw from it.

it's fairly straightforward - I got my private version working ok but it's parked for now. Let's see what comes out from the guy working on it.

it really is great fun.

I don't understand how you can be soo slow i always go faster that ne Helo can you maybe Fix that and make a Version where you follow waypoints instead of a chopper ? I always have to wait until the Helo is away form the LZ

Guess you posted in a totally wrong topic here, and talking about the MH-6 practice scenario? As he answered a thousand times already, ST's using an older littlebird with the old flight model (AFAIK the same as vanilla). If you use ACE you'll find it slow, of course.

@eggbeast:

have you contacted Dslyecxi to work on the non-ACE version of this addon?

or maybe to have information about how it is going along?

as you managed to create a non-ACE version (which was removed from here...)

Is there anyway to use a slower Littlebird ? With Ace ? And can i disable the other Chopper ?

Is this going to be ported over to arma 3?

Stop spamming, someone just asked the exact same question just above...

@eggbeast:

have you contacted Dslyecxi to work on the non-ACE version of this addon?

or maybe to have information about how it is going along?

as you managed to create a non-ACE version (which was removed from here...)

hi

yeah i pm'd him about it. he's absolutely certain that someone else has been tasked with producing this, so my working version from several months ago is forbidden for release.

it's his call not my place to argue, i was only ever offering support based on his request. anyway my version still had a couple of bugs to iron out, but nothing too hard. his version was fine - just needed a little change for class types and references to ACE variables. one day i'm sure he'll release a nice working version in non-ACE.

DSL if you see this and your other coder has gone AWOL give me a nudge

I'm just afraid of him not working on it as ArmA 3 is out now...

just wondered if work on a non ace version of this is wip or as wiki said due to arma 3 release has work stopped on this now?

I'm starting to wonder if someone should just rewrite this from scratch, since based on the sound of things it's a custom animation and an attachTo script plus some addAction/control hijinks -- it's just using existing BIS features for their intended purpose, save the animation, so as long as someone doesn't do anything derivative of the existing code or animation, it should be entirely possible for someone else to make it.

I'd make a TODO item on my end, but I'm notorious for missing deadlines too (and making animations is especially painful with O2), so someone else should probably step in.

Unless of course Dslyexci is just building suspense or something. ;-)

I mean, uh, I fully support Dslyexci's version and would never consider a third-party replacement! I bet Dslyexci has something planned in, like, a day or two tops!

Edited by jtgibson

It's a shame because the edit I made back then works fine, but I dare not use it as someone else is working on it for DSL, and he was quite clear about that.

Having looked through the code, the hard work was in working out the modeltoworld co-ordinates, then there's some straightforward action and setvariable scripting. no custom anims or anything.

It's a great idea but released initially only in ACE, and with a bubbling interest from community users, some kind of update or statement of intention might be well received.

my money is on there being a deal with BIS to provide this to them for A3, hence the lockdown on development and subsequent silence. time will tell.

(removed)

Edited by Dslyecxi

thanks mate, sorry loadsof people have been pestering you - it is a great great piece of work though

:D

I can't get the vanilla version works, lots of error message.

how does it work Dslyecxi ?

I'm a little bit disappointed, because the shooter can't move his rifle like he wants.

It's not like in this video

is it because it's not ACE version?

I'm a little bit disappointed, because the shooter can't move his rifle like he wants.

It's not like in this video

is it because it's not ACE version?

It's because you didn't read the documentation. You must go into ironsights and hold your freelook key for it to work.

there was no documentation on the vanilla file :p

ok, I'll try this.

thanks very much for it BTW

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

last question: firing from the side, does it only works with MH-6J or with other choppers with cargo position?

Edited by Wiki

Fantastic work, sir. Well done.

I should quickly swap the pan of vinegar with one of honey so no one's the wiser...

fantastic Dslyecxi, as wiki no documention with vanilla file but thanks and great job, as its a beta will there be a final version? and are you looking for any feedback on this?