dslyecxi

ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement Mod (beta)

I can't seem to get more than one person onto the skids. Am I doing something wrong? "Mount skid" seems to do nothing and people have to get onto the skids via the copilot seat which limits it to one person obviously.

i had similar problem, i put addon on the server too, seems to work now..

i had similar problem, i put addon on the server too, seems to work now..

In my case the server and client both have the addon installed. Quite odd, ill try it in a locally hosted game later.

Right, on my server I have the same version as my PC. I don't get the options and I cant mount the skid.

Any ideas?

Edit: Turns out its because I was using MCC to spawn it. Works fine otherwise.

Edited by Jsmuk

wow! how u made this?? need try it too :o

good poin where can we get it i really need it for one of my missions ???

:confused:

and is there a way to add abilities like this to some other aircraft like the Blackhawks (link below) where you can also sit on the edge a bit like a lb skid and of-course the huey's from the unsung mod where you can do the same

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7356

ps i do use the lb enhancement and it is amazing aldough i do experience occasional problems with it. it is a great bit of work that has made the gameplay a lot better with the little birds

thx lads

It's just attachTo + switchMove.

unit attachto [car,[0.5,0.1,-1.65]]; unit switchmove "dsl_mh6_cargo_shoot_front"

Guys, will we ever see any AI support for this? Would be great to have AI team members firing from the skids. :)

From what i've seen ripping the mod open (sorry Dslyecxi. Didn't mess with it anyhow, though), this wouldn't be possible, unless he would do it all over again.

But, Dslyecxi, if you ever plan to release that promising "throw grenades from the chopper" feature, i'll be the happiest man. More or less.

I have two questions though:

- I sometimes have a bug where i can't shoot anymore from the skids, i can't bring the iron sights up. Does anybody experience that?

- I don't really get what the ACE wounds system does in it. Could the previous bug be related to the fact i sometimes play missions whithout ACE Wounds enabled?

Dslyecxi (and ShackTac), I absolutely adore your LB enhancement, I can't imagine getting the same enjoyment from ARMA2 now without it! However I would love to see it available without the need for the ACE addon. Is this something in the pipeline? Please let us know. :)

Dslyecxi (and ShackTac), I absolutely adore your LB enhancement, I can't imagine getting the same enjoyment from ARMA2 now without it! However I would love to see it available without the need for the ACE addon. Is this something in the pipeline? Please let us know. :)

I had plans for this but ran into an issue and stalled. Since then I have been absolutely swamped by other things and I don't foresee myself having time to look into it again. I do plan to port this to A3 if needed, vanilla initially.

Any plans to include the Grenade throwing demo you did a while back?

Not currently. Maybe for ArmA3. Things have picked up too much in other areas for me to spend time on that right now. Sorry. :(

hiya

i'm wondering what exactly makes this require ACE?

the ace sounds and ammo can be removed, and mention of it in the requirements list too.

is there some deep XEH function in ACE it uses?

i'm certain that dys has removed the dependence on the ace-wounds code - there's a check for this now and a re-routing to a different friendly fire protection code.

i've pretty much finished making this non-ACE (as dys did say "no time, welcome to have a go")

problem i have is the scripts in the folder don't get found

I have put the mod into a new folder and pbo called lbfix

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers

{

st_mh6_enhance_init = "if (!isDedicated) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'lbfix\XEH_PreInit.sqf'}";

st_mh6_enhance_mh6_init_player = call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'lbfix\Init_Player.sqf';

};

the scripts are in this folder, BUT they are not found in-game - anyone have a clue why not?

tried on dedi, rented server, client - all fail

dys's original script says

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers

{

st_mh6_enhance_init = "if (!isDedicated) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'x\st\addons\st_littlebird_enhance\XEH_PreInit.sqf'}";

st_mh6_enhance_mh6_init_player = call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'x\st\addons\st_littlebird_enhance\Init_Player.sqf';

};

does this mean you need to put the mod into a folder called x\st\addons for it to work? seems odd.

I don't know if the question has been asked, but will there be an update for the pilots to shoot too? Thanks

8190477435_28bb3f6991.jpg

I hope you fix this eggbeast! I would love a Non-ACE version. Btw I have had the same problems before simular to yours, I forget what I did but it did fix it...I would love to tell you how I did it but I dont understand enough about scripts and whatnot to know how exactly I managed to fix it, so If you figure it out please post here.

Dave,

yeah willdo - there's a lot of interest in this.

i've stripped all the ace out of it and dys did enough for it to work, just need to understand why the file pathing is failing...

i can script reasonably well so can fix most problems

im completely perplexed about this filepath thing - i have other config patches that have the same structure in them and they work (for other mods)

with this one it comes up "script not found" for whatever is the first called script.

if fixed a lot of problems with the "mismatched quotes" too.

i'll get back on this next week

here are the files at present:

LINKS REMOVED

INSTRUCTIONS REMOVED

script not found - which initialises the chopper actions - bummer!

Edited by Max Power

I'm really sorry that a license infringement challenge has been made.

my intention was to help with the work that had stalled.

I will cease all work on this for now.

Is it possible to have a non ACE version of it?

I'm really sorry that a license infringement challenge has been made.

my intention was to help with the work that had stalled.

I will cease all work on this for now.

I would suggest you contact Dslyecxi before you modify his work, it is standard practice and a forum rule to ask the author of something for permission before editing their work.

Im not sure how you would feel if some one started edited you work without permission.