Sign in to follow this  
_YoYo_

Picture in Picture 2D screen

Can I turn off this panel of 2D with screen Picture in Picture (left side)?

If I used this 3D in cocpit on MFD/LCD it isnt nessesery, its a little annoying :\.

tokhpl22.jpg

I'm not sure but check in the action menu. I think there would be be an "pip off" action.

I'm not sure but check in the action menu. I think there would be be an "pip off" action.

Im think no, this option turn off "3D screens" like mirrors, screen in cocpit (LCD) ect. not this 2D panel.

I'm not sure you can turn that off without turning PiP off completely.

I'm not sure you can turn that off without turning PiP off completely.

Ups, so only mod can resolve it? :(

I'm sure you can because I did so before. In the light heli there becomes an interaction point available at the screen once PiP is activated and I'm sure there is something similar in the heavy chopper. Have a look around in the cockpit ;)

Ups, so only mod can resolve it? :(

I think so - I am looking into it now. It will probably need a small mod to turn off the PiP in the helo. Is it just the Heavy?

@Jedra: It's definitely possible unless a patch changed something. I disabled this before but that was still with v1.03 I think.

Edited by Derbysieger

@Jedra: It's definitely possible unless a patch changed something. I diasabled this before but that was still with v1.03 I think.

You are correct of course - there is a show/hide icon below the screen in the heavy which turns off the 2D overlay. Never seen it before - then again I have PiP turned off normally as it kills my FPS!

Its present in all helis, including Mi24 too if You near the attach waipoint :D .

Thanks for this ! Too bad you have to enable free look. I'd love to assign a button to turning the LCD on/off.