Sign in to follow this  
_YoYo_

The new review of HINDS dlc.

wides_332.jpg

Hi,

nice to inform You about the review of Take on Helicopters: HINDS dlc in Polish, very popular webservice about simulators named YoYosims.

Main page:

http://yoyosims.pl/

The review of Hinds:

http://yoyosims.pl/TOHAddons.html

The review is in Polish for sure, but if You want You can try to use translate button (google traslator on the top).

Sometimes it works near ok ;).

TOKH_Hinds_59m.jpg

Seems like a very well made and detailed review. Congratz :)

Very thorough review - I think Google got the hang of it!

I think I would agree with most of what you said when coming from a Simulation Player's point of view. As a pure sim it has it's shortcommings, but then again it's more than just a 'game'. It's a hard product to pin-point which is probably why none of the games magazines/publications here in the UK seem to have picked up on it.

As for the radar - I like it, but I am not a full-on realism person. I can understand why people would rather just see the threat indicator working as it should instead. If it was working, I would then probably turn the on-screen radar off.

I like to find my targets like in DCS where I have a vague idea about where my targets should be - finding them (without getting shot) is part of the fun. I would agree that the warning on the radar is quite nice but it annoys me that I always instandly know where the enemies are. I avoided to use tab lock in the last mission I flew with the SuperHind and used your addon. It helped a bit but it was still not quite how I would like to have it as I had no visual warnings - only the beeping sound that told my to get low.

€: Review looks very good btw. Google somehow manged to translate it in a way I could understand which is not always the case^^

I am agree with the review. I think ARMA and TOH could be a game for fun but is disappointing that BI did not set a full simulation option of a battle situation. So maybe I have to say BI make that Hind, just for the ARMA comunity and dont be interesting to try make a real simulation of war helicopters. And please fix the big bug about the joysticks and the patches!!

Hi !

I have another problem. I buy Hinds yesterday and install it. But it don't work. The DLC is in the ToH directory but nothing happen when i start ToH.

Whats wrong with my game ? Its the Steam version. Any ideas ?

maxx