purepassion

Is Arma 3 authentic?

I didn't finish the campaign because it sucked. The faction itself and the terrain, people and everything are inspired by Afghanistan. If you can't figure that out then you're blind or live in a box.

Um... no. The terrain, the civilians and the Takistani Militia are inspired from Afghanistan, but the Takistani Army is certainly not. It looks like BI based the Takistani Army heavily on the Libyan military (under Gaddafi), with maybe just a touch of inspiration from the Syrian military.

I never said the Takistani army, I thought it was obvious I mean't the insurgent faction when I clearly referenced how they were clearly based off of the Taliban. The culture is EXTREMELY similar if not exactly the same as Afghanistan. The people wear Pakol's etc. I don't understand why you're debating this. Because in all honestly I don't care.

ArmA3's faction is not authentic in my eyes, it LOOKS to ME that it was basically thrown together from assets in the ArmA series plus some random European vehicles which make no sense to purchase. Why would you supply your enemy? This is what has been presented so far, and thus what I'm criticising. If you disagree, good for you.

Stop being so thick.

You know how the Iranians got their Toophan missile? Just saying, those TOWs came from Israeli stocks because it'd have been discovered earlier if they'd been taken from US stocks.

In other words, give Israel a good enough reason, and they'll send anything to even Iran.

You know how the Iranians got their Toophan missile? Just saying, those TOWs came from Israeli stocks because it'd have been discovered earlier if they'd been taken from US stocks.

In other words, give Israel a good enough reason, and they'll send anything to even Iran.

No they won't. Today isn't the 1980's, Israel assassinates Iranian nuclear scientists. They're ideological and political enemies. Plus, a batch of 500 TOW missiles for the Iran-Iraq war isn't loads of European vehicles.

It would make sense to source them to themselves or from their allies (Not NATO).

Edited by Kamov

And did Israel also give them their F-14's too?

You do realize that the U.S. was a major arms supplier to Iran before the Iranian Revolution right... :rolleyes:

Also, not all of the Iranian kit in Arma 3 is sourced from Israel either. They have U.S. equipment too...

And did Israel also give them their F-14's too?

You do realize that the U.S. was a major arms supplier to Iran before the Iranian Revolution right... :rolleyes:

Also, not all of the Iranian kit in Arma 3 is sourced from Israel either. They have U.S. equipment too...

You know this how?

You know this how?

Because he has eyes and a modicum of common sense?

No they won't. Today isn't the 1980's, Israel assassinates Iranian nuclear scientists. They're ideological and political enemies. Plus, a batch of 500 TOW missiles for the Iran-Iraq war isn't loads of European vehicles.

It would make sense to source them to themselves or from their allies (Not NATO).

Yes they will, at least in time for Arma 3. Do you really think the Merkava will be that good in twenty, or even ten years? And they were just the same sort of enemies when they sent 500 TOW missiles to them. By the way, you have a weird way of counting considering the fact that they sent 2500 of them. And at least 18 Hawk AA missiles, with hundreds of spare parts. The Iranians have revenge engineered both of them. And that's just from the records that North and his secretary didn't have time to shred. And yes, all of these things were willingly supplied to Iran. By Israel. When they were the latest high tech weapons.

I didn't finish the campaign because it sucked. The faction itself and the terrain, people and everything are inspired by Afghanistan. If you can't figure that out then you're blind or live in a box.

This guy is completely closed to any kind of creativity and he tells me that *I'm* the one who lives in a box ^_^

How it can be authentic when its from fictional year 2035 though ?

Half of those units does not even exist. :rolleyes:

How it can be authentic when its from fictional year 2035 though ?

Half of those units does not even exist. :rolleyes:

Read the OP post.

Yes i see does not matter anyway, anyway why folks from our loved BIS would not do something really special ?

Something for community, something like this...

Fully commercial WW2 simulation by 3 groups: BIS+IF44 devs+I44 devs

Can you even imagine it ? Wait ! Get a lot of pants and then imagine it.

i for one couldn't care less for ww2 stuff, just as you can't grasp the futuristic idea...

WW2 was done to death in the first half of the 2000 decade. I for one find the future setting more interesting. Even though, to be honest, the rivetcounter in me is groaning at the Uniforms of the US Soldiers. The models are apparently re-worked BAF soldiers, with new normal map details and tidbits, which makes the Uniforms look like a weird mix between Crye and standard issue british combat clothes. The shirt is a british army early gen UBACs (with the triple horizontal velcro strips on the shoulder pockets) with elbow protectors added to them. The pants are basically BAF pants with new normal maps and lineart, and additional pockets on the calves and front thighs.

The vests and helmets are all brand new, though. I hope as Arma 3 gets pushed back, we will see brand new models in place of all legacy objects still in the game. I mean, srsly, some of the buildings on chernarus are OFP era models carried forward through every iteration of the game!

Authenticity is noodles, I demand all brand new handcrafted super hi detail art assets and animations and sound! DEMAND!

:<

But seriously, this discussion has been lasting for about two years now. Hasn´t everyone stated their opinion by now, and received an answer? Is there really anything left to be said? This argument is a Zombie!

i for one couldn't care less for ww2 stuff, just as you can't grasp the futuristic idea...

Nope, but do you really want Black ops 2 as a simulation on arma 3 engine ? Just think about it.

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

WW2 was done to death in the first half of the 2000 decade.

You mean those arcades BF1942, COD, MOH ?

Dude, i am typing about SIMULATION not about some arcades.

So arcade-->simulation is bad when it's a game set in the future, but arcade-->simulation is good when it's a hundred games set in WW2? I prefer the future scenario over the WW2 scenario, as that leaves us with more, interesting new possibilities and features, not less. Besides, I fail to see why the IF44 and I44 guys should be teamed up with BIS. I think they can make something of a high quality themselves, it is after all their job and they've been doing it for around a decade.

Yes, hundred games but no simulation of WW2, just typing...

Besides IL2, WW2 online.

So? Plenty of games out there set in the future, but no simulation (at least not from Arma).

But they aren't, so it's a rather pointless discussion to be having, especially in a thread about something completely different.

Why are you so sure ? :)

Are you speaker of the BIS dev team or what ?

Its still discussion.

Let's see, they would probably have come out with an announcement about it if they were, and they wouldn't have licensed their software to a company that is making a WW2 game either.

That, and I'm pretty sure that BIS said it themselves when they said that the new game would be set in 2035. That's 90 years after WW2 ended. And they've already said that they contemplated it years ago in an article, but decided against it because there were already so many WW2 games out there.

And check, pointless discussion.

Because this is an ARMA 3 forum, set in near future.. not in WW2... so yeah, they're not making ARMA 3 into a WW2 game. ARMA 3 will be authentic, though probably not realistic in terms of geo-political stuffs. But this is not a Geo-Political Simulation (btw GPS3 will be coming out).

Yes i know but still, you know that Arma 3 will not come till Q3 of 2013 though.

You can have complete futuristic game if you realize that Germany could invent time machine and they could travel through it you see ?

And Bam, you have futuristic WW2 Arma 3 with time machine.