purepassion

Is Arma 3 authentic?

Welcome ladies and gents back round to square 1 of the topic.

:D otherwise im genuinely curious about the whole concept of the uniform.

Uniform apears to have a temperature cooling system either for stealth (low IR) or for soldier comfort reasons. Helmet with HUD to keep in contact with squad and positional data, etc etc.

so theoretically as long as the helmet is on you should always have a hud?

so theoretically as long as the helmet is on you should always have a hud?

No. HUD's can be turned off in real life.

Incoming Rambling alert!

Is Arma 3 authentic? I can only answer for me, but yes, I believe it is. Not in the sense that X military will have Y equipment in the year 2035 or blah blah, but I log in to a server, and Arma 3 provides ample gameplay options and systems to "play" "going to war".

There's now so many expanded considerations for kit choice (optional optics/ will I fight at night/ will I be going in the sea etc) and then you get onto how to attack, coordinating with squad mates, using terrain to advantage, consider the weather and time and then go through the improved mechanics of battle (shall I peek over this rock with new anim system, or sprint to next bit of cover. What if I can't make it 'cause I'm carrying an RPG?).

Admittedly, lots of those features/mechanics have been in the game since Arma/A2, but the new iteration refines them and builds on what works IMO. The game's really just a framework, and then you need a good mission and good players to get the most out of it.

When I play, I get so wrapped up in what's going on and what I need to do, or where I need to be. Arma 3 is all of those aforementioned things and you can lose yourself in the game. I do anyway and in that sense, Arma 3 is very authentic.

I'm sure that milsim community are not too hard done by, as they get better base game to work with and some of the talented modders in this community are busy beavering away at cool new Arma 3 versions of their real world equipment and kit for milsim community to use and enjoy.

Uniform apears to have a temperature cooling system either for stealth (low IR) or for soldier comfort reasons. Helmet with HUD to keep in contact with squad and positional data, etc etc.

There's already clothing to negate I.R, most modern snipers use it, so I personally would say it's to increase comfort on the soldier to improve efficiency, I know in Afghan I would have loved to have been cooled down and i feel it would have to no doubt improved my efficiency.

is the alpha any good? i mean worth the 25euros? i may be buying the deluxe edition, will the deluxe contain the full game?

All version contain the full game.

is the alpha any good? i mean worth the 25euros? i may be buying the deluxe edition, will the deluxe contain the full game?

You don't buy the Alpha, you buy the full game and have early access to the Alpha and soon to the Beta.

EDIT : damn Ninja'd :rolleyes:

From the livestream the Strider looks an awful lot like the Fennek recon car. (even has the camera on top, which on the fennek can be extended to provide a much better view over walls/trees)

Dan;2406092']From the livestream the Strider looks an awful lot like the Fennek recon car. (even has the camera on top' date=' which on the fennek can be extended to provide a much better view over walls/trees)[/quote']

that because IT IS a Fennek :D

Dan;2406092']From the livestream the Strider looks an awful lot like the Fennek recon car. (even has the camera on top' date=' which on the fennek can be extended to provide a much better view over walls/trees)[/quote']
that because IT IS a Fennek :D

And it was already in the list :o

But thanks for pointing it out mate!

http://www.arma3.com/images/post_images/arma_report_encoding_3.jpg (328 kB)

Otokar Arma aka "Marid" is an Turkish Vehicle from Otokar ,it´s too a Turkish Company and an subsidiary company of Koç Holding.

So how comes that an NATO-Vehicle is in Service with OPFOR ,and more then the "OPFOR" in Iranian Army ?

I mean Turkish People and Iranian People are very different ,both of them are old Culture who exist more then 2000 Years on the Earth.

The most of the Turkish People are religious in Sunni Islam and Iranian People in Shia Islam ,something like Catholic and orthodox Christianity.

What i am trying to say is ,how comes that Bohemia think that both of the Nations are the same People ? Where Iran supports Hizbullah that will kill all who don´t believes Shia Islam ?

Im more and more Dissapointed in the Story of Arma 3 :/,this is my Feedback and i hope like all that we get soon the Beta so i don´t have time to think about this.

In the Armaverse, there is no Hizbullah or conflict between Sunni and Shia Islam :)

Additionally, military espionage could hand technology over to the OPFOR forces as well.

Additionally, even now Erdogans Turkey is alienating itself from Europe, and apparently is suffering from internal problems causing people to protest too. This is 20 years into the future, who`s not to say that Turkey, disappointed with the persistent European fear and denial of its membership in the EU, as well as the general Islamophobic attitude in the west decided to sign up with the SCO and turn its economical and political attentions eastward?

Crazy things have happened before, and they will continue to do so. The only thing that´d suck would be if the "natural disasters" story would be kept up. A country as large as turkey doesn´t flop over just because of an earthquake in an isolated corner.

Additionally, even now Erdogans Turkey is alienating itself from Europe, and apparently is suffering from internal problems causing people to protest too. This is 20 years into the future, who`s not to say that Turkey, disappointed with the persistent European fear and denial of its membership in the EU, as well as the general Islamophobic attitude in the west decided to sign up with the SCO and turn its economical and political attentions eastward?

Now that would be an interesting spin on it. As well as being slightly more believable than Iran conquering them, Greece could have been invaded by Turkey with support from Iran, as the Greeks and Turks are well known to not like each other.

Glad to see this thread has gone full circle. Again. :j:

I have briefly gone through the last pages, but the moment I saw this I lost my shit. :D

I guess the whole ohnoezfuturetechomnomnomnom debate coupled with the "full circle" phrase reminded me of Mass Effect(harvesting cycles).

My point in this:

calm the fk down - BI ain't gonna change the whole setting just because of your butthurt.

I mean the tech is out there already.

What makes you think it suddenly won't in 20 years?

P.S. Also - armaverse 'n shiz. :p

Not to change the subject, but I like the OP showing us all of the new stuff, yet nothing concerning Audio. I stumbled upon this real war video, and wonder if this game could ever sound this clear with the depth? Spoiler tag added in case of forum rules.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

Not to change the subject, but I like the OP showing us all of the new stuff, yet nothing concerning Audio. I stumbled upon this real war video, and wonder if this game could ever sound this clear with the depth? Spoiler tag added in case of forum rules.

would be cool tbh

if BIS can get a thunderish sound in the game and add it to the explosions correctly, with a certain amount of time passing between explosion and sound reaching you, then it will sound like the movie clip.

Also do not forget that Iran now has a 'time machine' , that's why they're so advanced in-game , in the Armaverse this thing apparently seems to work going against physics .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9985757/Iranian-scientist-claims-to-have-invented-time-machine.html

lol :D That might be offtopic but also highly entertaining :D

Hari seldon did this in an azimov book,

Regardless, back on topic, Initially I was also not very pleased with the near future setting, but with the AiA mod chugging along nicely I just see the RED/BLUE factions as an alternate to play with.

The art direction *is* very nice on the vehicles/equipment etc though so I *might* be swayed to give them more of a go.

At the end of the day, its all about the gameplay, for me, and I'm sure A3 will deliver it as had all its predecessors.

Rgds

LoK

Because it's hard to get rid of all of the material we don't use yet :D

And because people wont play the game vanilla. I guess we've got to completely spank ArmA with mods :|

Literally (almost) everything in Arma 3 exists in real life. The stuff that doesn't exist is an amalgamation of existing equipment, and data can be extrapolated from that how those pieces of equipment would function very easily. I just don't understand the mindset of people hating on the 'future' timeline. Look at the difference in world militaries between 1935 and 1945. It is a HUGE difference, and that is just 10 years.

You lovely lovely people are why the railgun tank got cut >:c

If you don't like the timeline purely because you want Sand, AK's and M4's for the 4th game in a row, I can't save you. You're beyond help. I pity you being unable to see Arma 3 for what it is. (A fine ass game)