purepassion

Is Arma 3 authentic?

The simple fact that any Iranian would be using Merkavas or Tavors is so ridiculously stupid that it makes my brain bleed.

if you invade a country and capture its equipment and find its better then yours..im sure you would copy it.

the isrealis took the AK-47's they captured and made the Galil..so the fact the Iranians use Isreali equipment isnt at all stupid

if you invade a country and capture its equipment and find its better then yours..im sure you would copy it.

the isrealis took the AK-47's they captured and made the Galil..so the fact the Iranians use Isreali equipment isnt at all stupid

Not to mention use it, I mean you have a piece of equipment, why waste it?

Being on the subject of the MBT. Has BIS actually confirmed that the Merkava is the primary armor for both factions, or is that just the conclusion that the community has come to because of the teaser pics? I am actually asking, as i haven't see anything confirmed about that.

Spectre has invested a lot of points in his Perception attribute. :)

Spectre has invested a lot of points in his Perception attribute. :)

Thank's for confirming, indirectly, that the Merkava won't be the primary MBT for OPFOR, and thank's to SpectreTim for raising the question.

Here is a video from E3, where a there is a description saying: Slammer M2A1. That is (if you check the other videos available in 720/1080) no Bradley btw (t=39s):

Being on the subject of the MBT. Has BIS actually confirmed that the Merkava is the primary armor for both factions, or is that just the conclusion that the community has come to because of the teaser pics? I am actually asking, as i haven't see anything confirmed about that.

If this is true, I´d be really interested in seeing the choice for the run-of-the-mill OPFOR MBT. Maybe a 155mm gun armed T-100?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

If this is true, I´d be really interested in seeing the choice for the run-of-the-mill OPFOR MBT. Maybe a 155mm gun armed T-100?

The distance between Isreal and Iran is a little bit more than distances between Czechoslovakia-Germany and France-Germany. ;)

If Iran would go into open war against Israel/Europe they would have some troubles to move their military forces out + around - just see how many US bases surround this country and how many NATO carrier groups can be sent into this or close to this area. Imo Isreal would have enough time to destroy their military facilities, R&D buildings/structures and transfer their secrets in a safer place. Highly doubt that Israel/US or anyone else would just stop surveillance in this region and be surprised by an "SuperBlitz" of Iranian Forces.

How many armored vehicles the Greek forces could have deployed to protect Limnos? How fast one can occupy Limnos? Which role plays Turkey - supporting NATO or Iran or just "staying out of troubles as long as possible"?? Where is the frontline in 07/2035?

Cross fingers that BIS mission designers don't make somekind of a B- or C-movie campaign where special effects and sounds trying to cover bad plot and/or gaps of the story.

Btw did anyone have some pictures from interiors from A3 MBT/IFV or any new info what is different from A2OA vehicles eg crewplaces are more simulated, better and detailed damage system etc?

Iran, its military uses but is phasing out the Uzi's supplied to Iran during the Iran Iraq war by Israel in return for oil shipments. So they have done it in the past and they do it today. But Honestly Iran has not invaded a country in 300 years and I honestly think that BIS is being pretty retarded with arma3 as it is today and I really don't understand why Iran has more Israeli equipment then they do their own even if they did invade they would have to spread that equipment all over their hypothetical Empire and I'd probably see cheaper equipment on the offensive and reserving their expensive equipment for defense of their hypothetical Empire.

But.. if infact Iran had a regime change and not a military empire.. Greece is ally of Israel why would Israel supply weapons to Iran to invade a allied state... but keep in mind Iran would NEVER have regime change because the government is very popular within Irans public and war would just rally them around their government like it did with the Iran Iraq war.

ArmA3's plot is pretty stupid and it would have been cooler if they had of kept a level of realism.. in 20 years Iran will have advanced equipment judging by their current strides in defense design.. Furthermore why would Iran be using outdated Merkava in this hypothetical future 20+ years from now if they were going to invade. WTF BIS?

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/iranian-question/24981d1303781571-zulfiqar-3-mbt-26_147103_3d663c850f5d3fa.jpg > 100 KB

khaybar.jpg

Seriously you know what would have been cool? A current day Iran vs. west and not a future Iran v the west.

Edited by Max Power
image too large

Thanks for the work, Pure! Looking good!

Also nice to see the venerable Battlefly in the correct category! :cool:

Best,

RiE

Thank's for confirming, indirectly, that the Merkava won't be the primary MBT for OPFOR, and thank's to SpectreTim for raising the question.

But of course it isn't. We already know the primary MBT for both sides (yes, both) is that "tank-mounted rail gun".:yay:

hey spotter, if you don't care much for realism or details, and you adopt the "looks good enough for me" attitude, then why don't you go play modern warfare and leave the realism sim for the big boys okay? Because you only speak for yourself, and lots and lots of people playing these games give a f*** about it .

i do care for realism, just saying that games need to look good nowadays too.

zamani, crazier things have happened in a shorter time. Would someone in 1988 have believed what has happened in the world in the span of 23 years?

Edited by Celery

zamani, crazier things have happened in a shorter time. Would someone in 1988 have believed what has happened in the world in the span of 23 years?

Yes, because that was plausible. Human R&D never stands still even in time of war.

I really hope ACE team comes in again and provides us with some level of realism.

Iran, its military uses but is phasing out the Uzi's supplied to Iran during the Iran Iraq war by Israel in return for oil shipments. So they have done it in the past and they do it today. But Honestly Iran has not invaded a country in 300 years and I honestly think that BIS is being pretty retarded with arma3 as it is today and I really don't understand why Iran has more Israeli equipment then they do their own even if they did invade they would have to spread that equipment all over their hypothetical Empire and I'd probably see cheaper equipment on the offensive and reserving their expensive equipment for defense of their hypothetical Empire.

But.. if infact Iran had a regime change and not a military empire.. Greece is ally of Israel why would Israel supply weapons to Iran to invade a allied state... but keep in mind Iran would NEVER have regime change because the government is very popular within Irans public and war would just rally them around their government like it did with the Iran Iraq war.

ArmA3's plot is pretty stupid and it would have been cooler if they had of kept a level of realism.. in 20 years Iran will have advanced equipment judging by their current strides in defense design.. Furthermore why would Iran be using outdated Merkava in this hypothetical future 20+ years from now if they were going to invade. WTF BIS?

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/iranian-question/24981d1303781571-zulfiqar-3-mbt-26_147103_3d663c850f5d3fa.jpg

Seriously you know what would have been cool? A current day Iran vs. west and not a future Iran v the west.

90% of your post revolves around unconfirmed assumptions, what with the lack of proper information on the equipment that the Iranians will be using. Most of our info on this subject is merely inferred from screenshots. What makes you think most of the Iranian equipment will be "israeli"? What makes you think Israel supplied anyone with anything?

But aside from that, how can you be so sure that Iran will NEVER have a regime change? I'm sure ten years ago a lot of people would have laughed at the thought of an Iraq without Hussein, and yet here we are.

There are numerous ways in which the regime in Iran could coneivably change. Whether or not BI's imagined version makes any sense or is a pile of crap still remains to be seen, you know, considering that it hasn't been revealed yet. Until we know for sure, the only thing you can call "pretty stupid" are your own preconceptions, which may be far from accurate. Come back and complain when there are actual facts to complain about.

Yes, because that was plausible. Human R&D never stands still even in time of war.

I really hope ACE team comes in again and provides us with some level of realism.

To a resident of 1988: So the Soviet Union disassembles and USA attacks Iraq, a genocidal war in the Balkans breaks out, oh yeah and the World Trade Center is destroyed and then USA attacks Afghanistan as a retaliation and then attacks Iraq again and then they get their first black president. Oh, and the European Union (long story) is having a massive debt crisis and the Arab world is revolting to overthrow their dictators.

To an Arma fan: Iran is in a conflict with NATO some 23 years from now. They might be using equipment of Israeli origin. :)

90% of your post revolves around unconfirmed assumptions, what with the lack of proper information on the equipment that the Iranians will be using. Most of our info on this subject is merely inferred from screenshots. What makes you think most of the Iranian equipment will be "israeli"? What makes you think Israel supplied anyone with anything?

But aside from that, how can you be so sure that Iran will NEVER have a regime change? I'm sure ten years ago a lot of people would have laughed at the thought of an Iraq without Hussein, and yet here we are.

There are numerous ways in which the regime in Iran could coneivably change. Whether or not BI's imagined version makes any sense or is a pile of crap still remains to be seen, you know, considering that it hasn't been revealed yet. Until we know for sure, the only thing you can call "pretty stupid" are your own preconceptions, which may be far from accurate. Come back and complain when there are actual facts to complain about.

Well actually you're being quite the hypocrite there. You tell me I cant have a opinion and actually Saddam was near collapse after the Gulf war.

What makes me think most of the iranian equipment will be western? Well because from everything they have released its shown OPFOR units sporting Israeli and European weapons instead of Iranian weapons, weather or not they supplied them I'm not sure I proposed two hypothetical situations.

Regarding Iran and its government, its very stable in comparison to other mid east countries as it is I don't see a regime change any time soon, afterall its a democracy and Ahmadinejad will be gone within 5 years.

---------- Post added at 04:49 ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 ----------

I thought you were referring to predictable things not random chance Celery.

Edited by zamani532

Well actually you're being quite the hypocrite there. You tell me I cant have a opinion and actually Saddam was near collapse after the Gulf war.

I'm telling you that your opinion is uninformed, not that you can't have it. You can speculate and form opionions based on that speculation all you want, but since you're doing it on a public forum, you should expect people to disagree with you.

Also, perhaps look up the definition of hypocrisy if you have the time.

Is it just me or this topic is turning into another "OMG future weapons" ?

Anyway you can't compare real Iran with arma3 Iran ,because arma is not based on our reality , arma has own reality/story , same as ghost recon etc

Edited by RobertHammer

I'm telling you that your opinion is uninformed, not that you can't have it. You can speculate and form opionions based on that speculation all you want, but since you're doing it on a public forum, you should expect people to disagree with you.

Also, perhaps look up the definition of hypocrisy if you have the time.

You're thicker then a brick, and are rather ignorant of your own posts I see.

Until we know for sure, the only thing you can call "pretty stupid" are your own preconceptions

Right there, you say I cannot form my own opinions on what I think is stupid and what is not, you're essentially saying that I'm disallowed from having basic humanoid emotions.

I don't care if Congolese pigmy paratroops are fighting Nepalese buddhist monk special forces on Lemnos, the mission editor is my ultimate abode. But it would be nice if some Leopard 2 MBT's somehow appear on the Island. :)

Is it just me or this topic is turning into another "OMG future weapons" ?

Anyway you can't compare real Iran with arma3 Iran ,because arma is not based on our reality , arma has own reality/story , same as ghost recon etc

I just hope it doesent turn into a streamlined mess like Call of Duty on a larger scale and there is some realism factor to the unrealistic equipment.