Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

Hello! saok! WHOLE LOTTA WAR 0.85 can't select teammate via pressing F2 to F12? Only '~' and 'space' select the whole team works. @CBA @CBA_A2 @CBA_OA and official BAF+PMC+ACR DLCs. what went wrong saok? thank you in advance!

In addition, can I use CBA, ACE and SLX? do they add some effects in the mission? what's your suggestion? I dont want them to conflict with the mission.

Edited by Hsiulung

Sounds like that could be mod or game related bug, or you have some error in keybroad. I dont have any code running that would change controls (except in starting dialog, you cant of course move).

Its very slow to test the mission with different mods. I have created the mission without any mods, and then played it with only JSRS and earlier with Blastcore that seemed to cause slowdown (I got slowdown on many many tries after 1-1,5hours until I disabled that mod, I havent got it yet. Except the spawning bug that was fixed few versions ago).

I havent yet played the mission with ACE, but it should work with that. I am not familiar with SLX.

Yes,you are precisely correct! A function key turned off by accident.

The ACE seem to quite slow down the FPS I had tested before, and part from that, you creating the mission without any AI inhancement mods, could this means using the default setting of AI, could you tell me some more details?

I have different small functions giving waypoints for AI groups/units. There is the basic BIS patrol function, then my own walking in random building function, AI hearing/investigateing function and the core script is giving waypoints for enemy/friendly groups to head at player when he is detected with much restrictions and unaccuracy of course. The waypoints are "guard"-waypoints so the AI groups also seek their own targets. Air units have their own scripts, the transport choppers with mg´s may slowly fly around the infantry group that was brought. TPWCAS and TPWLOS scripts (by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T) are also present. Those make AI more clever while under fire. You can switch those on or off in starting dialog. Mission should be also compatible with AI mods (except that AI ground avoiding flying skills mod). Nothing should break, even the AI wasnt always following my scripts.

Edited by SaOk

Great! it sounds very awesome! I'm always looking forward to the 1.00 version, wish you all the best in the following development!

Thanks, :) I hope to have much better tasks in the mission then with twists and tension.

Thanks, :) sure that addon looks great. I will try to add it in the next version. Havent also forgotten the earlier suggested addon for enemy units.

Version 0.87 of Whole Lotta War is available. I added 40 new random positioned capture-able unvisible tank patrol zones. First all of them except the possible ones near friendly camps are hostile zones, but once you destroy the patrolling enemy tanks, the next time you meet friendly tanks. Again enemies if re-captured back. Endless loop. Its now also possible to fly fighter choppers. As smaller tweaks, music level is dropped some bit down, task actors are forced to watch at you and the rest missing echos for voices are now in. Also there is more options for ambient life (triple, 4x, 5x). Those affect on the amount of civilians and animals. Not yet more tasks, but the mission should be more challening/thrilling now. You cant drive trough the map so safe anymore. I plan to add difficult levels later.

Edited by SaOk

Hi! SaOk, Me again. I found that takiban is friendly to British, so I used HC to give order to attack the Takiban, but British Tank did not fire at all and it just blocked for the enemy. version 0.85, don't know what relationship they are in 0.87.

The gunner may die more easily than the driver in those british Warrior tanks. Happened me once, are you sure it wasnt that? The side should be right in spawning script.

Edited by SaOk

New version 0.89 of Whole Lotta War is here. See the first post. I also updated the unpacked editor version.

Change Log:

0.89:

-New enemy supply line task

-Near 10 new hidden capture-able zones (camps, roadblocks, hidden mg´s...)

-Many small tweaks and fixes

-Important fixes in chopper transport script for player team

-As new gameplay tweak, player cant get reinforcements while in vehicle

Edited by SaOk

You should add more Apaches to the Fighter Depot. Rolling around with the whole team in the air would be awesome. Right now, if none of my team died, I'm forced to have 3 people on the ground and 2 Apache's in the air because of no more room. And that doesn't end well.

I will :). When I created the fighter depot, the mission didnt yet have the tank zones. I thought it would have become too easy, but now there is never too much anti-tank stuff.

The chopper classes are randomly Apaches or Cobras.

Edit: You can btw. use the delete function (via radio) for those men that are left on the ground. Once you are out of the vehicle again, with some delay, your team get new replacement members.

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Version 0.89 of Whole Lotta War is re-uploaded. I added those more fighter choppers. The same old link.

Edited by SaOk

Zub shares this thread with other same concept missions, only two of them now. Armaholic have always the latest versions.

The mission should work with ACE already, but I havent yet included ACE gear in the crates.

I have been very close to start working on the mp version. I hope to have it available during next month if not in few days.

wholelottawar.jpg

New Whole Lotta War Coop for 1-9 players is released for early testing. For me the dedicated server beta crashes on early game. Couldnt test the mission properly, but it should work mostly good. The resting cutscenes and AI chopper transport system for player team may or may not work yet. Let me know if you have any feedback so I can try to fix bugs more quickly. I hope the next game beta will have more stable dedicated server (or I will use some older beta to test the mission in this weekend). See the first post for download link.

Edited by SaOk