Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

I didn't read all 30 pages of posts but maybe it's already been discussed: is whole Lotta War ACE compatible? Because I think first aid crashes my ArmA to desktop as soon as any team member gets wounded. Plays fine without ace, damn fine mission, similar to Flashpoints with instant action and free roaming. Nice!

Thanks, :) it should be compatible with ACE. There is no much difference in scripts in this mission than in Zub, that I played time to time with ACE. The only first aid script, that is disabled as default (you can set it on in dialog), is the advanced first aid module by BIS. The medic pack script is only for player and custom heavy injury script (that moves heavily wounded player to safezone if there is team-mates nearby) is currently disabled.

Some have reported that the new betas (if you are using those), have broke their mod functions (I44 was mentioned). That sounds like something similar. The latest stable beta is 100697.

I am working currently to add more tasks, this time with some story and dialog. Maybe even some short cutscenes.

[/color]Hi! SaOk,

I tried your whole Lotta war SP mission, but there is a major issue about the call copter pick up function, which failed to call after 3 times use, in other words, the copter denied to come to pick me up, after 3 times use, it performed like not know how to get out the landing zore and get back to the airfield, the copper flew aroud and stay there then went to unknown area, because of that I no longer be able to ask it to come. Not very good at English, Hope you see my point. Thx!

Best regards,

Hsiulung

Addition: Played it with COWarmod and had tried several times, and it turned out the same.

Edited by Hsiulung

Hello, did you use any mods? For me its working quite good, but currently when the chopper reaches the destination and drops of player, it sometimes lift the chopper back to air before all is out. Going to fix that soon.

Hello, did you use any mods? For me its working quite good, but currently when the chopper reaches the destination and drops of player, it sometimes lift the chopper back to air before all is out. Going to fix that soon.

Played it with COWarmod and had tried several times, and it turned out the same. I had your issue also. @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod;@JSRS;@USMC;@takistani_army_2035;@POOK;@vilas_wwp;@RH_Hk416;@RH_aks1.2;@RH_M4;@RH Pistol Pack 1.02

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod;@JSRS;@USMC;@takistani_army_2035;@POOK;@vilas_wwp;@RH_Hk416;@RH_aks1.2;@RH_M4;@RH Pistol Pack 1.02

Played it with COWarmod and had tried several times, and it turned out the same. the mods above are what I played with it.

@Hsiulung

Please read the forum rules:

Note:

1. New member's posts are auto-moderated, please don't re-post the same message over&over again.

2. New members are required to fill captcha before posting new answers/threads.

3. New members are limited in editing/accessing variety of profile & forum features.

These limitations are removed for regular forum users.

:EDITH:

Latest posts deleted

Edited by [FRL]Myke

I see now! thx for reminding me.

A new member that just agreed to the forum rules moments ago shouldn't be reminded. :mad:

Myke;2291231']A new member that just agreed to the forum rules moments ago shouldn't be reminded. :mad:

Alright! dont be mad. I will get some time to read the rules.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Some AI flying addons could cause different behaviour, but cant see you using it. I will see what can I do. I could disable FSM for pilot at least. Going to test it and hopefully include tweak in next mission version.

Else as mission status update. I have currently 3 new tasks (with some dialog) added and 2 new ambient bases created and more coming. Hope to have the update ready for weekend or soon after that.

Some AI flying addons could cause different behaviour, but cant see you using it. I will see what can I do. I could disable FSM for pilot at least. Going to test it and hopefully include tweak in next mission version.

Else as mission status update. I have currently 3 new tasks (with some dialog) added and 2 new ambient bases created and more coming. Hope to have the update ready for weekend or soon after that.

this is an awesome mission, but I found that the enemy looked like very few that I contacted till I detroyed the enemy's arty.

The amount of enemy/friendlies during different states (peacetime, alarmed of player, slow/fast reinforcements) and amount of camps could be easily tweaked. I will include chooseable difficult level at somepoint, also increase civilian life. Currently its set quite low, but I will make sure the performance isnt leaking anymore.

Currently I am tweaking the battleshouting to have two extra copies of the orginal voice. One with small echo, another with little bigger echo. The voices will be then played depending on if there is walls nearby, how much of them and how close. Got the idea of course from JSRS. :) But instead of checking only if there is roof above. I will add lineIntersects vertically to maybe 4 or 8 direction, each with two lines - smaller and bigger. Then sum the detected objects. E.g. if there is 2 or 3 far detections, much echo file is played, else if there is 2 close detections small echo is played, else the orginal voice with no echo. Quite slow just to edit the 300-400 files, but its slowly coming. :S

New version of Whole Lotta War 0.85 is available. You can spot the new echo effect especially when on streets inside villages. Smaller echo is played especially inside houses and in vehicles, also in narrow passages between houses. The chopper pick up system should work now better too, if the chopper lift up before player is in, it will eek new landing site, it also stop waiting for player if player leaves the scene, and it throws player's team out much quicker at final destination. See the first post for download.

Change Log:

0.85:

-Each around 500 custom voices have now two new copies with different amount of Echo

-Played amount of Echo depends of speaker´s surrounding

-3 new tasks with dialog

-Fixes in AI chopper pick up system

-Added "Israeli Air Raid Sirens"-sound by DarkXess (played in Rasman airfield)

-Added mosque voices for Bastam

-Much fixes and tweaks

In Whole Lotta War is there a set limit to the saved games? I have filled the available save slots and after over-writing existing saved games any additional saves become corrupt and I cannot re-load them to continue mission.

Having "lotta fun" with this mission regardless.

Thanks :), There isnt limit, and you can also save the game via radio command 0-0-1. The savegames havent yet corrupted for me, but there is so much stuff running that I wouldnt be suprised if that happens. I continue optiziming scripts, hopefully the corrupted saves would become more and more rare.

Are the updates you doing completely overriding the previous build that I have to start all over again or can I continue on in the mission each time I drop a newer update into my missions folder?

Probably need to restart since there is new triggers and objects. Some of the script changes could work without, but very guessing. There is completely new path of tasks so you can play very different way first hour or two than in previous version.

I decided to give Whole Lotta War a go today and was very surprised of some of the features, namely carbombs (okay I love carbombs for some reasons although they're horrifying). Honestly I expected the carbomb to be a bit bigger at first because it only knocked me out of my Stryker and didn't kill me at all. Also they apparently like to drive straight into people and just blow them up. Definitely had a fun hour or two defending Nagara from the nearby Taliban camp and stupid carbombers trying to blow away single soldiers. Great mission so far :D

Thanks, :) that feature is definitely quite ugly. I hope noone takes it too seriously and it can be turned off. Just came in my mind when I was adding more functions.

Well it's not a bad feature per say it's just really horrifying to see a car turning when walking on a street and then blowing up :( I gotta ask, does the bomb blow when I shoot the civilian in the face, or does it otherwise punish me?

Good question, I noticed that it was enough that there was a driver, but there was no alive check for him. I fixed it for next version and made the event little more rare.

Another question, am I able to recruit people or am I stuck with my 7 man squad forever?

Additionally you should probably add an action for things like getting intel from the local tribes leader. I accidentally clicked "Ask for enemy sightings" and the conversation overlapped due to both things using titleText but the intel convo getting triggered automatically.

Once you loose much team-mates, you get 4 or was it 5 new ones. Sometimes you may end having 8 of them. I could try to improve that too, they could arrive in different ways.

The task dialog is triggered automatically. I will see if I would find an easy way to lock other conversation actions while receiving task. I wouldnt want to focus too much time on that.

Why not just stuff the whole task & dialog into an appropriate addAction for the player to use? Provided that you only use a single script for the task and dialog this could very well work out, just an idea.