Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

Will you release a version that doesn't require JSRS, WarFX? My arma2oa.RPT shows

Item Placeholder listed twice Missing addons detected: jsrs_m134 warfxpe Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.jsrs_m134, warfxpe

And version 0.7 is re-uploaded again. :D The same link in the first post (and also the raw editor version in my previous post). I didnt see those mods suddently throwing requirements in. I think it happened when I entered configviewer to create the new artillery script.

Sorry for the hassle.

I tried fast last version, i didnt get any lag, but the difficulty is very hard, i was going to take rasman, so i plan operation by commanding other group, ksk, brits and stuff, really good, but after some good firefight it started raining some arty, after 3 shoot everybody was killed, all my allied and my team.. >< each time i try to take ennemy position something like that happen. Ill try later again when ill have time. About the arab voice, i said that cause i don't use ace, i just downloaded it for watch inside fastly mwhéhé, its why i said this, but no problem then.

EDIT: Ah yes i did have like one big lag for just 10 seconds after throw grenades. that was weird, its maybe cause FX mod

Personally, Mr. SaOK, I'd NEVER tell you what to do, but I think the arty stuff, though it makes for nice back ground ambiance, makes the game more difficult and maybe can be taken out.

Again, I'd never tell you what to do. Just my thoughts.

I like the idea that once I capture an area, it stays captures. This way, it shows progression. I like to know, as a player, that I am progressing and making achievements.

If I get close to end game, and whittling down the enemy, GREAT!

I will add difficulty selection in some upcoming version so the artillery and car bombs can be turned off if liked. I understand it can be frustrating to die for those if you havent saved the game for sometime (remember the unlimited savegame via radio 0-0-1 or was it 0-0-0). I seem to have different way to play, since usually when the artillery drops I have already moved away from it.

Feedback is always welcome, even negative ones. As the objectives are now, I will make the fortresses also capture-able with maybe some countdown timer (e.g. 20 minutes), before enemy can exists again in those. And I can make similar system for villages too. Maybe the countdown timer could depend of difficulty level too - with easy mode, enemy would be very slow to sneak back to places, with hard setting much quicker. Would also be nice to include somekind of insane survival mode. But I will keep working on the features, thanks for feedback and let more come. :)

There is a solution for the Arti Problem.

Smaller caliber + bigger spread + slower rate of fire.

Currently its 120mm, 300m dispersion, 8 rounds total, 3-7sec between explosions.

Never saw the mission Whole Lotta War, downloading now. Is there ACE compatibility? Because on Zub when you start out, the fire of the helicopter spreads and then you catch fire and die.

It should work good, but let me know if you find any issues. This new mission dosent have any fire scenes at least. :)

Going check that Zub insertion at some point with ACE too.

ZUB:

I'm stuck just before the attack on Zelenogorsk. A chopper suppose to come and pick me up but it doesn't seem to come. Do I have to stay in the castle or move to some other point? The map says nothing about a pick-up point. Also had a problem with the cut-scene of the Zelenogorsk mission. It kept getting stuck and it only released when I suspended and got back to the game about three or four times.

There is a bug, the chopper pick up position is only marked when the NAPA HQ is in Zub castle. It will be fixed in the next version. If the HQ is in Rog castle near Msta, then the chopper pick up point is north from the castle, near where the forest ends when following the road. If its Black Mountain, I think it was near the minefield truck, southwest from the castle right after the forest ends.

The stucking cutscene is a mystery since there is no waituntil commands or other loops, just basic cutscene code, similar to the other cutscenes.

As Whole Lotta War news, I noticed there was still one old script running in 0.7 version that can spawn a lot of weapons/magazines to the buildings. That could cause slowdowns, it will be fixed in the next version with some other tweaks. I will try to have an update for weekend.

Version 0.75 of Whole Lotta War is released with important fixes. I removed much old code and re-wrote some village scripts. The performance should be much better. Before one old script was spawning randomly weapons in houses. With the open houses in takistan, I believe that was causing randomly heavy FPS drop especially in Rasman. Everything seem to work much better now. There is also 3 new camps with life, german and british camps plus the local HQ have now life too. See the first post. I will add the unpacked editor version to the first post too.

If its Black Mountain, I think it was near the minefield truck, southwest from the castle right after the forest ends.

I moved to the truck area, nothing happened. I'll wait for the update.

Test Version 0.76 for Whole Lotta War is released with experimental changes. I got the frustrating slowdown again with 0.75 last night. Very hard to find the cause. Today the mando script suite gave an error (first time ever) during early game with synced similar FPS drop. I uploaded now a 0.76 version with that script disabled and also with one core script changed to SQF. Let me know if you still get the suddent heavy FPS drop that never goes back any better.

Just wanna say thanks for the mission whole lotta war, haven't played too much but from what I have played im loving it so far... Great vibe and flow of action, I've yet to complete a task but having fun trying, feels great just to get to a camp.

It might be my old eyes but maybe the dialogs are really small and hard too read? Love the sleep option, I haven't tried yet but is there a reverse option so you can "rest" till dusk/night?

I was thinking this would be great with the new tonali special forces..

I'll be sure too check out your other missions.

Thanks, :) I will try to change the dialog to be more visible. I was also thinking that reverse rest action, I will add it soon too. Also those optional units could be added at some point.

Edit: Reuploaded 0.76 with one removal fix (random patrolling soldiers in villages wasnt always removed). The same old link.

Edited by SaOk

I re-uploaded the version 0.76 again with much more tweaks and improvements for performance. The same old link. If possible, avoid using the latest 101245 beta (and maybe 101144), I got some weird problems (seemed like there was core scripts running many times over each other) with those betas that ended when I rolled back to 100697.

Edit: Still getting the suddent FPS drop. Funny that its ultra smooth for 1,5 hours and then synced with some random event (this time player said "Out of ammo"), it goes to turtle mode. So its not the mando missile scripts, putting those back soon. I should try to play without JSRS, Blastcore and TPW scripts next to see how it works then.

Edited by SaOk

Good advice :), I have been playing now 2 hours without slowdown (completeing almost all tasks). Looks like Blastcore conflicts with the mission (also probably with Zub) somehow. I suggest to play without it, even that is one of the favorite mods for me too. :(

But looks like, I can return to work on the mission finally. I will continue tweaking the scripts for better performance. Still already working smooth for me. Only in Rasman the FPS may drop some bit until its captured. I will try to tweak amount of units to be lower for that part.

Shouldn't be the start of this mission be a little bit less instant-action like? Perhaps let the player + his team get on his way and lure him into a "sudden ambush/trap/plan change".... ;)

Was the enemy spawned near for you at mission start? :) I tried to prevent that with the new german camp that should blacklist enemies spawing, but not sure if its working for all spawing functions.

If player gets in vehicle, he is easily spotted. But if you move by foot the night time gives big cover. I once moved to the chopper depot without alarming enemy.

Within 2 minutes up to 5 enemy teams/groups tried to break through. Spawn is imo too close to players position - feels a bit like "horde mode".

I will try to add more random delay and randomness for the reinforcements. And make it depend also on nearby bigger camps.

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Btw. If there happens to be anyone, who would have skills to create small UI icons (displays) to show amount of medicpacks and available features (e.g. highcommand symbol with number for available groups). Contact me or let me know if there is a template somewhere. I mean the icons like DayZ have for various things (bleeding, hunger, noise level..). So the function should have image/text insertion that could be changed on fly.

I am quite newbie with dialogs/displays, every dialog I have create seem to halt the moving and forcing the mouse cursor to communicate with that dialog.

Version 0.8 for Whole Lotta War is released. See first post for download links. The editor version link is also updated.

Change Log:

0.8:

-New sleeping/waiting cutscenes/feature

-Choppers now commit land insertions and may fly patrol around their "cargo"

-"Takistani Armed Forces 2035"-content added as optional addon.

-Max amount of different things changes randomly at random times during playing

-Some features accessibility changes randomly at random times during playing

-Random time added for reinforcements

-Mando Missile Script added in dialog (set disabled as default)

-Dialog text made more clear

-Performance tweaks

-Other fixes/tweaks

Optional Addons:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145394-Takistani-Armed-Forces-2035-v0-6b

MOD/ADDON Notes:

-Else very awesome Blastcore may cause heavy suddent FPS loss after 1-1,5h playing. Avoid playing the mission with the current version of the mod.

Edit: Havent forgotten the tonali special forces, I will try to add them too as optional addon at some point

Edited by SaOk

Hehehe good work, and there is setting for arty, like reduce frequency, or even disable it ?