Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

wholelottawar.jpg

SandBox Test Version of the new mission "Whole Lotta War" is available. Mission dosent have yet any tasks, but if you like to try the "sandbox", its ready for testing. Just explore and try to stay alive. Let me know if you have any feedback or even ideas for new features. See the first post for download and info.

SandBox version 1.1 of "Whole Lotta War" is available. I added new function to spawn detailed and random life/vehicles/static guns in camps/roadblocks/guardpost. You cant yet capture them (without them spawning again, when you get over 900m away and come back), but it will be possible in later versions. There is currently 5 of them and more coming (+current ones improved/expanded).

Edit: From the next version. ACR DLC will be optional (you can play even without the lite version).

Edited by SaOk

SandBox version 1.2 of "Whole Lotta War" is available. ACR DLC is now optional (you dont even need the lite version). Mission starts also at night time, you can skip time by sleeping at US camp. See first post for download link.

Change Log:

SB 1.2:

-ACR DLC now fully optional (you can play without the lite version too)

-Friendly infantry now arrive to AO with car transport, more often

-Added Camp Searchlights for night time

-Player can skip nigthtime by sleeping at the tent in US camp (Optional)

-Added civilian/soldier talking system

-Added reinforcements function for player group

-AI function now working

-Other tweaks&Fixes

@SaOk, could you please make a no ACR Version of the latest Zub build?

It would require much more work (since I have ACR content in various places, including outro requires it), but I may do that at some point. Before I will try have update for Zub coop, fixing performance leak for it.

SandBox version 1.2 of "Whole Lotta War" is available. ACR DLC is now optional (you dont even need the lite version). Mission starts also at night time, you can skip time by sleeping at US camp. See first post for download link.

Change Log:

SB 1.2:

I want to play with ACR DLC version with these updates mentioned below.

Which version should I use, 1.1 or 1.2?

-ACR DLC now fully optional (you can play without the lite version too)

-Friendly infantry now arrive to AO with car transport, more often

-Added Camp Searchlights for night time

-Player can skip nigthtime by sleeping at the tent in US camp (Optional)

-Added civilian/soldier talking system

-Added reinforcements function for player group

-AI function now working

-Other tweaks&Fixes

Always the latest ;) (mission works for all that have the combined operations with 1.62 patch, DLCs are all optional), the mission detects automatically if player have the ACR DLC, lite version or not. If he have, the ACR DLC vehicles are added to the arrays from where the scripts randomly pick vehicles to be spawned.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

New better gameplay video of the current SB1.2 version:

SandBox version 1.3 of "Whole Lotta War" is available. This time with simple 4 tasks. From the tank depot, you can get tanks if needed. Link in the first post.

Change Log:

SB 1.3:

-5 new camps (2 hostile + friendly tank/supply depot & fieldhospital)

-4 tasks added (hostile camps can be captured)

-new gear in briefing

-other tweaks/fixes

Could you possibly think about a progressive tasks. In other words, if I capture a town or camp, it doesn't re-spawn with enemy units?

That way, I know I'm making progress.

The bigger camps in tasks dosent respawn after enemy losses 70% of units connected to that camp. But the small camps and other life spawn again randomly to random positions. In more finished mission, the spawning will be lowered during progress. E.g. when player manage to take important areas the enemy activity would lower step by step. I dont want to add town capturing, especially for all villages. Since as in real life, enemy can move too. But I will make the enemy to spawn in villages with lowering rate too once player proceed in tasks.

Sa0k, I think that it will feel more real to play as an OPFOR unit in the Takistani setup. Wouldn't it make more sense for the battlefield to be fought between, let's say, Takistani guerrilla and the Takistani army while you play Russian Spetznaz, and encounter some western force every now and then? Or maybe some other composition where you play as OPFOR?

Thanks for your awesome missions man. I feel the need to take a week off from work just to play them all in a row.

I was thinking that too, BLUFOR conversion would be easiest. I might do another mission that is played as Takistan locals.

Edit: The takistani mission would be prequel for the current mission (that is prequel for CGR campaign). Mostly featuring only locals and some small peacekeeper factions. I could use partly the same bases, only removing all US ones.

Edited by SaOk

SandBox version 1.4 of "Whole Lotta War" is available. This time with 2 new tasks. From the air depot, you can get transport choppers if needed. As new feature, there is now patrolling/guarding tanks in "camps" and I also added an optional high command, so you can order nearby groups if wanted. Mission is still as beatable without using that. Link in the first post.

Change Log:

SB 1.4:

-3 new camps (+some tweaks in old ones)

-2 new tasks

-Added tanks guarding/patrolling certain locations (new ambient base function feature)

-Added optional high commanding

-Small friendly camps spawn also now when player is in vehicle

-Other tweaks/fixes

Edit: Released 1.4 hotfix with much spawing corrections (when player is in vehicle), some high command tweaks and other tweak/fixes

Edited by SaOk

SandBox version 1.5 of "Whole Lotta War" is available. Fixed some serious flaws (Reinforcements didnt delete right, leaving player without back up in later brawls. Also there was some more bugs if player was using vehicle) and I also added two new "heavy enemy movement"-areas (that can be also captured, even those arent listed as tasks). Link in the first post.

Change Log:

SB 1.5:

-Much important tweaking/fixes in scripts

-2 new "heavy enemy movement"-areas

-Removed some forgotten ACR DLC classes

Edit: Re-uploaded the 1.5. The first issue wasnt gone, but now it finally is. Took only hours to find that there was some { missing. :D

Edit2: Video of the current version:

Edited by SaOk

The first public version 0.7 of "Whole Lotta War" is released. Next I will work on cutscenes and story, which will take more time. Else mission seem to be working good without bigger flaws and now there is a ending trigger when you have completed all the tasks and returned to right place.

Change Log:

0.7:

-Added random music for certain events

-Briefing updates

-Mission can end now

-Other tweaks/fixes

Going to try it out. Btw will there be "hickups" using latest AI tweaks/addons like ASR AI/TPW LOS etc?

There shouldnt be. When starting the mission, set the TPW scripts in that dialog to "disabled". Then only your TPW addon will be used for sure.

Hello! This mission is good (tough i got big lag after 30 minutes of playing :/) I noticed there is like ambient yelling from the soldier in combat like "take over!!" and all that stuff, its really nice, i love it. My question is, it is possible to get all this voice in an addons mod for can use it like all the time, not just in your mission ? it would be awesome!

Thanks :), did the lag start suddently or slowly during playing? I will try to add a setting to set the amount of units. Currently there could be quite much units always when friendly reinforcements arrive and much more if player is currently near multiple marked camps/zones. The spawning have gap but its set quite high.

I am not familiar with addon creating, but that could be possible. In ACE mod there is also ambient yelling. If someone like to try creating certain addon, much of the voices can be found in rejenorst homepage. The rest could be taken from my mission, but you would need to ask permission from the voice-actors that are listed in first post.

That reminded me that currently there isnt yet those german voices by nettrucker. I converted the mission from Zub mission that didnt have german units. I will try to have the voices included in the next version.

Your welcome ;) The lag came suddently, and i didnt see anything special or different than in 30 first minutes who could make lag. About the ambient yelling, i didnt knew ACE has it (im watching it), but i don't want use that. I don't have enough knowledge in modding neither for make any addons with that, but i hope someone could, cause there many voice in your mission and not just for US/RU faction in your mission, and its great, i like stuff who improve ambience.

I also got now the suddent massive lag. :( I though I fixed in it Zub, but now I got in this. Going to look for a solution.

I was very lucky to get those voice-actors, they definitely did all excelent job. Much respect for them. :)

Ops yes, i forgot to say btw that i was playing in the takistan mission. Sametime its nice if you got it too, so its not problem from me x)

And yes, great actors, respect to them, and respect to you too, cause you putted much effort "just" for a mission !

The 0.7 version is re-uploaded. Please re-download if you downloaded it yesterday before this message. I added the german voices (by nettrucker) and removed russian ones (that were mistakely used for some takibans). I removed BIS arty module (I made own simple artillery shell spawning code), some other unneeded code, weapons on ground (in enemy campfires), and lowered little the possible amount of reinforcements (1 less inf group and 1 less vehicle group), also there is 30% less now small friendly camps. Let me know if the lag still occurs.

Edited by SaOk

Yay! Ill try it when ill have some free time. About voice, i unpacked ace_sys_aitalk from ACE, there is some arab voice, don't know if you have in your mission but you could ask permission for use that maybe. And i wanted ask, there is possibility to ask backup in your mission ?

Version 0.7 is re-uploaded again with some minor fixes. The link is the same.

The ACE ambient voices are used, if you have that mod. I have the code (simple variable) in mission to activate it. I dont know if it would be good idea to include them also in this mission. There could be then doubled voices at times. But I may try to find some own arabic voices.

Here is the raw open mission back up for editor (if you only want to play, download the first page version instead):