Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

Hey Saok I might be able to convert the co-op mission if you allow me. By the way the hurricane didn't hit me really :(. (I was really hoping for atleast a power outage)

That would be great Starky396, big thanks in advance. :) The scripts that need the change should be the same as in SP.

No problem. I guess converting missions is my specialty

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Should be done today or tomarrow. BTW please refer to me as starsky396 thats my official user name. (starsky396 was taken.)

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

mission is finished. BTW don't run the mission with ACE, at the beginning you will immediatly be caught on fire.http://www.mediafire.com/?mb7dakg6xl1zyjw

Thank you, I will update the first post with the link and corrected credit name. :)

You should upload the links to Armaholic so more people know about the mission since it seems like people with ACR lite are having trouble with the mission

New SP version 2.5 of the mission is available now. I made much optizimation to scripts and seems like I finally fixed the massive slowdown - I played 3 hours to the final assault without problem. Before I got the slowdown after 1-1,5hours. See first post for download links and full change log. This isnt yet the bigger update, I am planning. This is more like a hotfix for performance. Campaign is updated too in few moments.

Thanks for the update SaOk. Great to know that you're still updating your missions, and to know that I now have to do another conversion ;).

No problem. I guess converting missions is my specialty

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Should be done today or tomarrow. BTW please refer to me as starsky396 thats my official user name. (starsky396 was taken.)

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

mission is finished. BTW don't run the mission with ACE, at the beginning you will immediatly be caught on fire.http://www.mediafire.com/?mb7dakg6xl1zyjw

Thanks for the great work any chance of an ACE version?.

Thanks. Btw. Starsky396, the reinforcement script in now in SQF (I dont use the FSM versions anymore). So edit AmbientReinforcements.sqf instead of the FSM. All other scripts that need changeing are the old ones.

So all you changed is the mission.sqm and the ambientreinforcements.sqf?

Oh whoops didn't read the rest. Will get to that in a bit. Working n my zombie zandbox now.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Thanks for the great work any chance of an ACE version.
Sure. As soon as 0.50 of my zombie sandbox comes out ill work on converting the mission for ace and without ACR

So all you changed is the mission.sqm and the ambientreinforcements.sqf?

Oh whoops didn't read the rest. Will get to that in a bit. Working n my zombie zandbox now.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Sure. As soon as 0.50 of my zombie sandbox comes out ill work on converting the mission for ace and without ACR

Ohh your working on a zombie sandbox mission cool got a link please if you all ready have a forum thread started?.

Thanks

Sweguy96 made a conversion of the Zub 2.5 mission, replacing ACR content with Project RACS content See the first post for download link and required addon list.

Ohh your working on a zombie sandbox mission cool got a link please if you all ready have a forum thread started?.

Thanks

Yeah man, it's been quite a blast making and playing the mission. It's one of the first missions I've made that I am really proud of. Here are the fourm links: Armaholic Link- http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=19703&n=last#bottom Bistudio link- http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139566-Undead-Chernarus

0.52 is coming out soon and that will have food/water/sleep requirements!

Hi SaOk, how must be destroyed the military antenna?. The first time i couldn't finish that task but i did not pay too much attention. Now i'm playing for the second time, the updated version, and it is happening again. It is impossible.

I've tried with satchels (up to 3 of them), firing rpg's, even destroying all around including a nearby watch tower, a truck that already had been destroyed before, the bmp-2 with all the bad people, and the antenna is still there.

That thing must be the antenna used by chuck norris in his car.

Hiya! I'm really enjoying the mission and have a question - the mission contains AI scripts for los and suppression and I'm already using those scripts as a mod. When I started the mission, I enabled both scripts through the dialog that opens up but I don't think suppression works, los tweaks probably as well. How does arma handle this? Should I disable them at the start of the mission or keep enableb but instead not activate them when I run Arma? Thanks for the help!

Hi, :)

@papaga - with vanilla game the antenna could be destroyed with satchel. I also had difficulties to destroy it when playing with ACE2 where I didnt find how to detonate the satchels. Mods could affect that. The antenna itself dosent have any commands enabled against damage.

@Ledenko -If you use the scripts as mod, then set the setting in mission to disabled. That leaves the integrated scripts disabled, but dosent affect on the mod.

New MP COOP version 1.0 is finally available now Let me know if you find any issues. This is a quite big mission to test properly. I also added the AI function with AI hearing footsteps and nearby screaming civilians, bolted animals and reacting on dead bodies. It should work for every player. The function can be disabled in parameters (SaOk Ai function). There is also conversation system for team-leader and for every player, working smoke signals to call possible nearby AI groups to help. See the first post for download links.

Change Log:

1.0:

-Added TPWCAS and TPWLOS by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T (Can be enabled via MP parameters)

-Added russian tasks (the alternative hidden path to end the mission)

-Added ACR tasks

-Added civilian tasks

-Added custom civilian/soldier talking system (available for team-leader)

-Added custom AI functions (AI hears players movement, animal/civilian noises, voices by SavedByGrace)

-Added empty vehicles module (cars unlocked via civilian tasks)

-"Ambient house effects"-script follow now every player

-Many other scripts now follow every player

-Smoke signals now work and for every player

-Updated civilian/animal/enemy&friendly camp generateing scripts

-AI uses camp mortars now sometimes

-Weapon crates fixed

-Added "hidden"-weapon crates

-Stringtable updated (thx Kommiekat & SavedByGrace for corrections)

-Added timesaving Zonekiller-client method for many things (thx Zonekiller)

-Much other tweaks, fixes and things from the latest SP version

-Let me know if you find any issues. Feedback is always welcome

Has anyone reported incompatibilities with addons such as ASR_AI with this update?

I have some personalized customizations made to ASR that I don't really like playing without. Specifically, I find that with stock A2/CO, the AI is able to far too easily determine the exact location of other AI on foot even though they don't have a line of sight.

To the point where I've attempted to "hear" with the same level of precision they seem to be able to, and I can't.

The AI can hear with a higher level of precision, further and more accurately than I can with expensive headphones.

It really annoys me when you're playing against AI that are supposed to behave like simulated humans, however end up possessing superhuman sensory perception.

ASR_AI should work good unless it conflicts with TPWCAS, TPWLOS or my AI function which all could be turned off. I dont remember having problems when playing with ASR_AI myself in SP version.

After watching "Generation Kill"-TVserie, I started working now on dynamic mission for Takistan. Hope to have some ideas from that, in the upcoming mission. Managed to convert the core scripts already and here is a teaser video:

There is not yet any tasks, story or cutscenes.

Glad to hear that Sa0k!

I think you use an old version of TPWCAS in the teaser video, this is why you get that red target icon on any enemy you have an LOS with. It's fixed in the latest version.

Also, you must agree this is the best part of Generation Kill :)

fXK6oo6sqqGIA Edited by Variable

:D, Generation Kill was full of great parts. Cant almost wait to watch it through again.

I will update the TPW scripts before the release. Could take still much time.

Hi SOak,

When approaching Russian forces, I get " Don't approach Russian units. Escalation will increase every 10 mins."

Could you explain this more?

If I stay near them too long, what will happen?

What is the purpose of the Russian side anyways? Will they join up in the fight?

If player teases russians too much, the mission turns into russians versus US with different tasks/gamebalanse. It happens if any russian soldier die and player is nearby or if you stay too close. The game have much limitations how to set sides/have detection between friendlies, so there is clumsy functions for that. It was just an experiment, I wanted to add all non-desert factions.

In the next takistan mission, there will not be captive enemy sides. ;) I hope it will be better, I will tweak much the concept to fit in the different map. I was thinking to make the small camps appear partly inside houses. I have already randomly enemy/friendly/civilian units walking inside random houses and there is much more air support and units brough to fight via air. I hope to add much more random functions to make things look more unexpected.

If player teases russians too much, the mission turns into russians versus US with different tasks/gamebalanse. It happens if any russian soldier die and player is nearby or if you stay too close. The game have much limitations how to set sides/have detection between friendlies, so there is clumsy functions for that. It was just an experiment, I wanted to add all non-desert factions.

So in other words, what your saying is "Stay the hell away from the Russians!" :D

Thats right. :D

Making progress with takistan mission. I am adding custom locations to populate randomly those many fortifications that can be found on the map. Also adding more village locations to populate them more easily. Quite hectic enviroment already, next lets see what rare random car-bombers will do. ;)