Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

^^^^

I as using the ACR_Lite, PCDF and RHSMOD.

Did you experience the slow down with or without those MODS?

Mine was after reaching the HQ so all the missions could start including the sides...

Still testing.

With those mods (+bought DLC), I got the slowdown after 2 hours.

Can be caused by many things. Maybe a relevant thing is that somehow it is stored in the savegame but they are huge, millions of lines! It is impossible to take that way.

Has someone tried by disabling TPW AI LOS & TPWC AI Suppress?. Did this happen in previous versions?. This weekend I'll the first.

I had the TPWC AI Suppress script in previous version too, and couldnt get slowdown then. Those TPW scripts also seem to be very well made. I dont find any array gathering in those, which could leak memory.

There is much (set)variables/eventhandlers added for units in my scripts too. I hope those are automatically deleted when units are. Else that could be one possible leak.

Hey SaOk,

Is there any plans to update the MP-version anytime soon?

Thanks.

I will try to start working on it again very soon. Have been mostly planning the changes and made some small tweaks in scripts already. When I get started, the new version could come in few days or one week.

Any more spotted mission issues? I fixed the weapon crates, and I will add more vehicles (I hope the ambient vehicles module work also in MP) and the most of the stuff from SP (not sure yet if I get the russian part work).

I will try to start working on it again very soon. Have been mostly planning the changes and made some small tweaks in scripts already. When I get started, the new version could come in few days or one week.

Any more spotted mission issues? I fixed the weapon crates, and I will add more vehicles (I hope the ambient vehicles module work also in MP) and the most of the stuff from SP (not sure yet if I get the russian part work).

Ok, great to hear!

I am the person who made the 1.9 gameplay video you commented on & linked here in this topic. We have been waiting for a new version with my friend so that's why I asked. Take your time. :)

Keep up the good work and thanks for making one of the best ARMA-missions I have ever played!

Time have gone fast, didnt realize its already 5 months from the MP version. I am now adding the latest SP stuff to the MP version (currently adding russian part). Quite many tricky functions to convert. With the multiple players I would need to have "count"-condition in many "count"-conditions, but cant find a way to pass the _x to inner count. Creating now the conditions in slower way, but things are coming good so far.

New MP COOP version 1.0 is finally available now Let me know if you find any issues. This is a quite big mission to test properly. I also added the AI function with AI hearing footsteps and nearby screaming civilians, bolted animals and reacting on dead bodies. It should work for every player. The function can be disabled in parameters (SaOk Ai function). There is also conversation system for team-leader and for every player, working smoke signals to call possible nearby AI groups to help. See the first post for download links.

Change Log:

1.0:

-Added TPWCAS and TPWLOS by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T (Can be enabled via MP parameters)

-Added russian tasks (the alternative hidden path to end the mission)

-Added ACR tasks

-Added civilian tasks

-Added custom civilian/soldier talking system (available for team-leader)

-Added custom AI functions (AI hears players movement, animal/civilian noises, voices by SavedByGrace)

-Added empty vehicles module (cars unlocked via civilian tasks)

-"Ambient house effects"-script follow now every player

-Many other scripts now follow every player

-Smoke signals now work and for every player

-Updated civilian/animal/enemy&friendly camp generateing scripts

-AI uses camp mortars now sometimes

-Weapon crates fixed

-Added "hidden"-weapon crates

-Stringtable updated (thx Kommiekat & SavedByGrace for corrections)

-Added timesaving Zonekiller-client method for many things (thx Zonekiller)

-Much other tweaks, fixes and things from the latest SP version

-Let me know if you find any issues. Feedback is always welcome

Edited by SaOk

Regarding MP-version: is it still a fact that I should deactivate TPWCAS and TPWLOS in the mission parameters when I am running those mods as addons?

Yes, the parameter is only for the scripts (to activate them or to do nothing). Leave it disabled if you have the addons (not sure if they could even run at the same time). I will try to rename the settings for possible next mission version.

Hey Sa0k, I updated the mission and restarted it again (no worries, I love it... :)). Now, after the doctor heals my team I need to get to NAPA HQ.

In previous versions I had a marker on Zub castle, but now, no marker appears on the map, and the objective say only "We need to meet commander Mazur at NAPA HQ located on Black Mountain". I couldn't find in the map "Black Mountain" nor there's any map link or marker for it. Do I still need to get to the Zub castle like in previous versions?

No, this time the HQ was set to mountain castle north of the map. Kilometer or two to SW from the most NE airfield. There should be orange marker over that black mountain. In SP version the HQ could be at 3 different places. In MP version its currently only on Zub.

My appologies... I guess I didn't expect it to be that far! The orange marker is there and we are on our way :) This going to get interesting...

Thanks Sa0k.

Starky396 have made a conversion of the 2.4 version with removed ACR content. Download link can be found in the first post. Big thanks for him. :)

I am also working on new version, but it will probably be ready in spring. I am going to work on the earlier Iron Front mission next.

I DL'd Starky's conversion but most of the files are SQF, not PBO. Please advise on installation. Thanks.

Looks like he left it unpacked. It should work by placing the SPZub2_4.chernarus folder in missions-folder. I also made a normal pbo-version now of it. Can be found in the first post (gamefront link).

SaOK, should I wait until Spring for the next update?

Seriously, you've seen me post in here before. I play many many hours, never completely finishing the game, then next thing you've got another update, which is great, don't get me wrong, but I've got to start ALL OVER AGAIN. :don5:

Better not to wait - The next update can take much time, there is big changes in plans and I havent got far yet. Savedbygrace is also working on new intro and planning new stuff for the mission. We have no deadlines and once Iron Front get the patch, I may stay with that game for a long time. If the new Chernarus from DayZ standalone could be used in Combined Operations too, that will be used for the next version. It would be very exciting to work with that map. The current few open houses are preventing many ideas.

OK, well, I'm downloading Full ACR now as I type this. I'll test things out and report back if any problems occur...

Thanks!

Sorry. I'm not yet used to putting my files out for the public. I Must of not PBO'ed the file

Nope, mistakes happen. :)

Is there a non-ACR version of the MP mission?

I've just barely gotten my copy of A2 running again after that wretched update, and I really don't want to dink around trying to get the expansion installed ATM.

I am however interested in your mission though.

Not yet, but I may try to make that at some point.