Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

Ah, I thought the JSRS wouldnt leave any marks when editing with it. Need to fix that soon. Thanks for letting me know.

Yes, those are scripted into mission, you dont need the addons. If you have the addon(s), and you dont want to use the old integrated scripts versions of the TPWCAS, TPWLOS or both. Dont enable them in the start dialog. Then your installed addon wont be mixed with the script versions for sure and only the addon version will be enabled.

If you have the addon(s), and you dont want to use the old integrated scripts versions of the TPWCAS, TPWLOS or both. Dont enable them in the start dialog. Then your installed addon wont be mixed with the script versions for sure and only the addon version will be enabled.

Hope this is not a silly question, but which is better? Using the addons or the scripted version?

Also, about ACR LITE: You're not detecting any problems since you've implimented it , are you? I've been keeping up with the ACR thread and seems some folks are.....happy with and .........not so happy with it....

I think the only difference is that the mission will have older version of the function. With addon you can have the latest version all the time, if you want. I will update them again when removing that JSRS requirement (I have edited with that mod over a year and never it have added the requirement to mission file).

ACR have worked nicely for me so far. I got yesterday weird suddent low-FPS problem after hour playtime, but I have no idea what caused that yet. I ordered team-member to search body for gear and instantly when the gear menu opened the game became very slow until I restarted it.

ACR have worked nicely for me so far. I got yesterday weird suddent low-FPS problem after hour playtime, but I have no idea what caused that yet. I ordered team-member to search body for gear and instantly when the gear menu opened the game became very slow until I restarted it.

Thanks for your reply. Good idea about the addon idea. Didn't think of it that way (having latest version).

About ACR, honestly, playing your mission, I had terrible terrible Lagging and strange things since using ACR_Lite.

My OA gave up on me late last night and wouldn't open up at all. I was able to open Arma 2, but not OA which had ACR. Had to re-install everything again and patch up.

I can't point my finger and say "It's ACR" because I really don't know, but my suggestion is to hold off on implementing the LITE version.

Maybe you can make it a full ACR_DLC addition because I think it may be more stable than lite.

Lastly, seriously, I can only get half-way through the mission, then you have another update, then I have to start all over again.

I think you are a great mission maker and I've even used your scripts in my missions, so, is there anyway you can put the upgrade on an existing version?

Remember what Mark05 is doing with his mission? It automatically updates itself. So incredible thing he has going and player does not have to start over again.

Maybe you can ask him?? Come on, don't be shy. Two great mission makers getting together is a good, positive thing, yes?

Cheers!

That upgrade thing could bring some restrictions and slow the mission editing. Anyway after I release the hotfix (to remove JSRS requirement), there could be long pause to update this. I plan to upgrade the CGR campaign next, then work on resistance campaign for CWR2. And I also have the mission for Iron Front waiting.

The ACR DLC shares the classnames with the lite version. There is only difference is the poor textures I think. You cant create anything that would work with bought ACR that wouldnt work with lite version (except the new maps).

I continue testing if I could find why that slow-down happened.

Edited by SaOk

New version 2.4 (Hotfix) is available, see first post. I removed the JSRS-requirement and added the latest version of TPWLOS (1.03) and TPWCAS (3.04).

Wow, thx for the brilliant mission. Have been waiting for something like this for quite a while.

Regarding SP ... maybe that's an odd question, but how do I load a saved game after saving via 0-0-1? The standard load-game-menu just offers an Autosave, which in my case did not contain the right mission status.

Regarding MP ...

- We are using the ASR AI addon and it seems that AI is barely rearming on its own as it would in other missions.

- At many ammo crates we were not able to take anything that was inside. Gear menu shows up, but you cannot take what you see.

- Further more we could not access all vehicles. Example: a BMP was only accessible as passenger. Only after that it was possible to get in as driver / gunner / commander. So the AI cannot enter a vehicle, before a player has been taking all 3 positions. A T72 is not accessible at all.

- We were not able to finish the Gorka-Task. AA was destroyed and the whole town was captured. We tried that in 2 sessions and it did not work.

Addons we use:

- CBA

- ASR AI

- TPWC SUP & LOS

- JSRS

- RHS (we tried switching it off, but no difference; not sure if that addon is used in mp-version of your mission as in the sp-version)

I do not know if you have the time to fix these issues and/or if the mp-part will be developed anyway. All I can say is that we had a lot of fun and that there barely was a mission that reminded me of the good ol' OFP regarding the great atmosphere, the chaos-factor of war and the consequences of whatever you do (dynamic). Cheers!

Thank you, :)

The 0-0-1 savegame is the autosave. You can only have one save at time with it. There must have been some error in game to mix up the savegame. Sometimes it throws me back more too than I had saved. Seems like the autosave rarely dosent create a new savefile or something.

Those MP bugs sound really strange. Could be hard to solve, but I keep my eyes open. I have no any special scripts for tanks and crates that could cause those conflicts. The Gorka task should end after there is less than total 3 enemy units in 3 groups that are guarding the village. I thought there was some that have completed the whole MP version, but I will try to test that gorka task again and make an update at somepoint. At least I could make the enemies, not to flee never or make them surrender after timeout.

The RHS mod is only in SP version currently.

Thx SaOk. Nice to know that there are no special scripts regarding tanks and crates in the mission. We will 'play' your mission this week again and I'll try out different things. I'll report if we managed to fix some issues.

I noticed now that there is separate addWeaponCargoGlobal and addMagazineCargoGlobal commands for MP. I will include them in next version if that would fix that crate problem. I currently add the crate content with the old non-global commands only on server side (for spawned crates).

Edited by SaOk

Yes, that sounds like it's worth a try. Looking forward to it.

Could you pls tell me how to save / load in the coop-version? Or to make it possible? Thx.

I am not familiar with that (never saved game in MP). Unless there is the "save" option in esc-menu like in single-player.

Hey, I have a problem. I downloaded the ACR Lite Patch installer, and whenever I try to play the mission (Version 2.4) it feeds me an error that says something along the line of "You can not play/edit this mission. It is dependent on content that has been deleted: ca_weapons_acr.pbo or caweapons_acr.pbo. I forgot if the _ is after ca or not. I installed it correctly, and that file doesn't even appear. I have weapons_acr.pbo and ca_acr.pbo, but no file under that name. Can I get any help with this?

EDIT: I managed to fix it by copying and renaming the acr_weapons.pbo to both ca_weapons_acr.pbo and caweapons_acr.pbo. Let's see if it manages to continue to work.

Edited by Recardio

Sounds like a weird problem. I hope this isnt preventing all the lite version players playing this mission. :S For previous DLC´s, lite-version have been compatible.

I'm having a weird problem with this mission because after some time of play the game begins working suddenly at no more than 3-4 fps. I don't know the exact reason but I can tell you that is happening with this mission only, and always after an event or doing something like giving a order, closing the map, being attacked ...

Until now I was able to solve it restarting the game, but today the trick didn't work. I had to save and restart the game and now the problem appears just after loading the savegame and it is 100% unplayable.

That happened for me too after 1 hour playing, when playing with ACE, ASR and some other AI mod. Loading earlier savegame could delay the suddent FPS drop but it still happened for me many times. After I disabled those mod, I havent yet got the same slowdown. But I have no idea yet why that happens. There havent been any dramatic changes in my scripts for these latest versions. I will continue testing the mission.

Mods I have installed (I use ACE only for missions which require it):

CAA1 Project & OAC

J.S.R.S.

Driving AI Fix

Anti Tank Launcher Vs Infantry Fix

Civilian Interaction Module

Full Night Vision Goggles With Clean Lens

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

Good to know. We share then only the J.S.R.S and it shouldnt be causing any lag. Something else then.

please remove the ACR content. my computers pci card is broken so i cannot install the acr lite

I'm having a weird problem with this mission because after some time of play the game begins working suddenly at no more than 3-4 fps. I don't know the exact reason but I can tell you that is happening with this mission only, and always after an event or doing something like giving a order, closing the map, being attacked ...

Until now I was able to solve it restarting the game, but today the trick didn't work. I had to save and restart the game and now the problem appears just after loading the savegame and it is 100% unplayable.

This is the exact same problem I was having. Using RHSMOD (Russian MOD) ASR and TW AI LOS and TW AI SUPPRESS.

My team captured a Russian tank (From RHSMOD). We used it to travel to next Objective but 3 minute later, really really bad fps. Now completely unplayable.

Trouble shooting is going to be with those three mods because we were all using them, actually 4 MODS if you count ACR_Lite or DLC.

Easiest way is to use only the ACR content for trouble shooting purposes and go from there to eliminate the suspect.

Still testing myself. Will get back later with results.

Thanks for all the feedback,

Sorry Starky396, but it would quite big job to remove all the ACR content. Latest version without the ACR DLC is 2.0, with TPWCAS and TPWLOS addons its quite the same as the new 2.5. Just without the ACR part, new outro and some tweaks. You can download it from here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21937069/SPZub2_0_7z

I am currently optimizing the mission more, I hope to find the cause for that FPS drop too if there is something wrong in my scripts. Just a weird thing that the drop may happen so late (in my latest try, I have now played 1,5 hours without the problem) and after some weird event including gear menu or after pausing the game for sometime.

With tweaking, I also planning to rework the confusing story and tasks more with savedbygrace´s help, include more small details to see. Partly the mission is leaning now only on the ambient scripts and poor tasks. Many things could be much better. Hope to have big update for winter or spring.

Thanks, I always like to stay working long for single projects and this is so far from completed. Good time to tweak it before ArmA3 arrives. Of course CWR2 will take some time too. Still many resistance campaign cutscenes to be recreated (mostly cameras) and missions to be final tweaked. :)

I just got the slowdown after playing 2 hours. Heard an AT-rocket exploding and the game instantly drop performance again from smooth FPS. Are you all with the experienced slowdown, not using beta patch, Project CDF or RHSMOD? I am running out of ideas, what causes that annoying slowdown. :S Happens so late, at random location with random task on background, no errors, nothing in RPT.