Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

Thank you :) , yeah I agree the civilian script could be better. I use the town/village name as center and spawn around it inside certain radius, but the villages have their own shapes. Should still tweak that more, maybe to add somekind of building check to get the most far building from center, then force all civilians stay inside the radius and make them be near the center more likely. I see what I can do.

I have bigger life multiplier for towns/capital, but there could be more civs. I noticed just few days ago that the performance hit wouldnt be that much with much more civilians (spawned 120 grannies without much FPS hit).

I rarely use the advanced first aid myself, the AI got worse to heal in some patch and it havent become any better after that.

For spawing units somewhat near buildings you may use selectBestPlaces. It works quite fine, with low overhead.

I agree advanced first aid is a mess. I wonder whether somebody will care to fix it :(

Hello SaOk,

thanks for the update!

I´ve started with the new version and got this message after shooting with my m4:

ASR DEBUG:gunshot hearing aid:reveald up to 50 meters

Dunno what it means...

Still playing the mission and it´s a blast; the new implemented tpwac still works fine - also all other mod/addons, in this case JSRS, CBA, TPWAC, ASR_AI and Blastcore_Visuals, are running without any problems.

I agree with fabricius_T, the first aid drives me crazy too, because it´s a show stopper, if you wounded...

The new tasks are great, well done mate, as also for this outstanding mission, because i can´t stop playing and like the awesome atmosphere.

Cheers

McLupo

The new tasks are great, well done mate, as also for this outstanding mission, because i can´t stop playing and like the awesome atmosphere.

Yes, atmosphere is the key. That's what lacks in 99% of missions and what concurs in making this mission superb, other than for high dynamicity and subtle touch (animals sound when you approach them, for example).

I used selectBestPlaces before, but when player was far from any villages, it spawned cvilians randomly anywhere. I then replaced it with the location command, but I could combine the selectBestPlaces again with the current system.

That error message sounds like something from ASR_AI, but I keep my eyes open. I also play now with ACE+ASR+JSRS combination (but havent yet seen that error). For some reason blacklisting for conversation system wasnt working at somepoint and player could talk with joined team-mates and some error message from script using similar method. After loadgame the blacklisting worked again and havent yet got the error. Made some changes anyway to those scripts for next version.

The ASR_AI seem to force the advanced healing system on (at least for AI units), not sure if its mod feature or is there a some weird conflict with my mission.

I havent forgotten this mission. Currently adding ACR content in it with new tasks. Also improving other things and adding new features including flocks of animals wandering to new locations (thx for Celery for tip. Only needed to spawn the animals with CreateUnit to make it work). I will try to add some special dog behaviour too. ;)

Hi SaOk,

I really have enjoyed playing Zub. I like it so much that I am extremely interested in creating my own mission for Invasion 44. I was just wondering if you could send me any tips or advice to get started. As of now I looked over the Dynamic - AI - Creator for the last week or so and I am still confused on several things. Though it might be a lot to ask, I am wondering if it would be possible to get the zub mission.sqs file from you so I could open it with the editor and view the steps that you did to make the mission. I find that this is the best way for me to learn, and I would strictly use the file for observation and not tamper or modify anything for public use. Thanks again for producing the best singleplayer mission that I have ever played!

ooops meant this to be a PM :eek:

Hi and thanks :),

sure here is the unpacked version of my current version. Its not set to start the mission (you need to place insertion script back to player´s init), I am currently working on the new tasks, but you can see how things work (I have currently position copy scripts enabled which I use a lot for tasks...). The mission could be quite chaotic inside, very slow to explaing what does what. Some of the scripts communicate with each other and there is much variables changed and checked in various scripts. Most of the tasks are in events folder, cutscenes in their folder, ambient scripts are in main folder. There is also much old scripts that arent used in this mission. Many scripts are also in FSM. You need FSM editor (BIS tools) to open those right.

Overally the key idea in this mission is to recycle all spawned units so FPS dosent leak. AI groups are gathered in various arrays depending of what side they are and what kind of units they are (e.g. tanks or infantry, patrols or camp guards...), the scripts then runs proper functions for them (including deleteing).

ONLY FOR EDITOR (ITS NOT PLAYABLE WITHOUT SOME EDITING):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22060494/NAPAmission.Chernarus.7z

Thank you so much SaOk!

This will really help me out a great deal. Again, thank you very much for creating these dynamic missions for both ARMA II and Ironfront. They are both my favorites!

Currently adding ACR content in it with new tasks.

Hey man, glad you're back.

Um...what do you mean by ACR. I forgot what this MOD/Script is, for some reason or other.

Bug?

When I returned to the crash site, no one "joined" me - they just gave me their name, rank and serial number! :D

Known problem? Any tips?

Playing 2.0 with ACE and ASR_AI and PCDF.

Did you follow the NAPA soldiers and they gave you the NAPA HQ location? After that there should be a doctor at the crashsite and when you get near him, the team-mates should join.

There is a change that blacklisting have failed and he got shocked of the dead pilots. I try to prevent it for next version. For some reason, the array removal dosent work steadily with mods. While I played with ACE, Blastcor and ASR_AI too, sometimes the conversation system blacklisting alsoworked wrong and I could talk with my team-mates.

I will work on those, but the doctor bug shouldnt happen always.

Saok,

I've started playing again after a rest from the game. Of course the first mission I fire up is one of yours and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Zub is a great mission. Glad to see you are still at it. Thanks for all your time.

Thank you, :) I have made slow but some progress for the next version. Currently trying to create new outro that is always the slowest part to do. Quite hair dropping, but piece by piece its coming.

New SP version 2.3 is released! See first post for download links. Included ACR content with some new tasks, also supports "Armed Forces of the Russian Federation by Red hammer Studios"-addon which is less seen if played in peacefull way. I will soon attach this mission also to the CGR campaign. Mission requires now also the ACR DLC or Lite version of it.

Change Log:

2.3:

-Added the latest version of TPWCAS and new TPWLOS

-Both chooseable now in start dialog (dont enable if you have addon version)

-Added ACR content with new tasks

-Some dialog corrections by SavedByGrace

-New Outro Cinema (thx KBourne for animationLoop.sqf and animations list)

-Additional vehicles used if addon "Armed Forces of the Russian Federation by Red hammer Studios" is detected

-Animals now travel together sometimes to new places

-Civilian are staying more near of houses

-Many other tweaks/fixes/additions (Thanks for feedback)

Hi SaOK. Good to see you're still updating this mission, but.....NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!!:eek:

Hey man, was wondering about two things, one I asked you before:

1.) If I clear a town or village of the bad guys, later, either the bad guys or good guys will come back to occupy the town/village? Not only bad guys, but a possibility of good guys?

2.) Seems I have to keep moving, so If I get into a firefight, I have to kill, move, kill, move.

Do the enemy keep coming to my location and chase me down forever? Is there a time when it slows down or do the enemy become less and less?

I want to have a moment of safe/peace time do the missions/quests. Move on, without the enemy from the whole map chasing me everywhere I go.

Thanks!

The villages are randomly captured or guarded by friendlies. You can capture them for some time, but when you move far and come back, its random again what you can find in the same village.

If enemy havent spotted you, they dont track your position. It easy to loose them when moving to forest or other cover. After some timeout they return to patrol state. Even while they are after you, your unaccurate (depending on distance to enemy that sees you) position is rechecked only 3 times per minute and they dont get updated position if you stay unseen, any of your team-mates dosent get damage or some other conditions dosent occur. Its possible to find peace time in forests, buildings, friendly camps unless enemy happens to face you on their patrol route.

Sorry, I noticed that I have some dialog with sharing code which makes wrong text appear for 5 civilian conversation lines. I will post fixed file in few minutes.

I'm having some trouble running some mods alongside this mission. When I load from a save point for some reason STHud no longer works. ASR_AI also gives me errors whenever the ai seems to be engaged. Running 2.0 right now. It's odd though because from a fresh start there is no problem but if I make any progress then save I get problems with mods not working correctly. I'm launching from Sixupdater if that helps. Any way I can overcome this problem?

Fixed file is available now for new version 2.3. The previous file also works, but civilian conversation system display wrong dialog.

I am playing ASR_AI without problems (should be quite new if not the newest version). It gives some error at mission start, but havent gave me another during almost 1 hour.

I am afraid, I cant help much with possible addon conflicts unless its fixed by disabling TPWCAS and TPWLOS in mission start up options. I play myself with ACE, Blastcore, ASR_AI, JSRS, dapman.pbo (I dont remember the addon name) and with the optional addons. With those I have no problems.

Hard to guess which could be wrong with STHud, I dont have any custom hud code in my mission after the startup dialog.

Edit: If someone is playing that first 2.3 version I sent. You should be able to continue with this fixed version without restarting. At least working for me.

Edited by SaOk

Sa0k, does the mission use TPWCAS as a script? Or should I run it as an addon if I want it enabled?

Thanks for this awesome work... This mission is so immersive.

I've downloaded "SPZub2_3Fixed.7z" version from armaholic. It requires also "jsrs_distance" addon to play. I assume it's just oversight, because it's not mentioned. I'm not using those sounds, so I've unpacked mission and changed mission.sqm and starting mission right now.

Also I've played previous version of Zub and also some other missions from you. I must say inspiring work, thanks! I really enjoyed them.