Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map Missions by SaOk

The bugged placed optional task cutscene location also affect to the final task cutscene location. I suggest to skip the optional task to prevent frustration. Unless you got the HQ set to Black Mountain during the NAPA soldiers in trouble event in mission start.

That teamswitch will require heavy changes in scripts (to get the tasks display right, also to spawn the life right, which can also have extra performace hit). I already have similar tweaks in MP, but its a big task to add it into this too. I may leave it for Iron Front/ArmA3 version of the mission concept (where I could build the mission compatible for it from start). But it would be definitely a good addition. Lets see. Before that I would anyway want to add an different ending for the mission with much different gameplay for the late mission.

But I try to add a function for the stucked units. Currently you can kick them out from team, but there could be also a tool to teleport them some meters to random direction.

Hi SaOK - I understand regarding teamswitch. The teleport option would be good - as if I had ejected them from my team I would have had no team left after taking tea with the leader of the CDF!!

New version 1.1 is here with many hotfixes. I also made some performance tweaks (including that there could be only 2 defend events at one time). Function for stucked units is also added. Sorry for the bad 1.0 version, I dont advice to continue with it. There was no friendly camps for reinforcements and performance drop much on late game.

Edited by SaOk

Cheers for the new version SaOk - version 1.0 was not bad so don't put your self down - it's only when a mission gets released that it is really tested - testing on your own you never do most of the crazy things that other people do!! Your efforts are much appreciated.

How not to play the first 30 minutes or so of this mission...

jR1xRWcruuc

Thanks, very nice vid. :) The start can be quite silent, but good that the random grenade launcher vehicle showed up. ;) I will continue tweaking the start, maybe adding some more variation to it too. I have also other new ideas for the gameplay and generating stuff.

Good you said it. :) I forgot to add that to mission page. You need Arma 2 Combined Operations 1.60, as optional addon you can have vehicles from Project CDF by GossamerSolid. I noticed he changed one classname in the newest 1.03a addon version. With mission version 1.1, you better use addon version 1.02 to prevent possible error. The next mission version will be made for the latest addon version 1.03a.

Hi, would you consider making a version to use my Nogovan Units :)

Sure, looks like nice addon. :) Do you happen to have classlist anywhere for those?

Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend, when I'm able to access my computer I will send you a class list, after I've done my new update for my units :). I really need to get round to adding a class list to my mod website.

Cool I will wait for the list, always faster to add the addons with classlist. I also have script to copy the classes, but its more slow to use.

this map is for Arma 2 and Arma 2 combined operations?

Why do you ask? You have none of those games as you own just (a) pirated cop(y)(ies).

Your ban should be activated soon.

New SP version 1.5 is available with much new content, fixes, tweaks and additions. Russians are now present which may lead you to alternative path of tasks if things go bad by player´s uncarefull actions. See the first post for download links.

Change Log:

1.5:

-Added new possible path with alternative tasks and new factions

-Most of dialog corrected by Kommiekat

-NAPA camps fixed again

-Added angry villagers

-Added mechanized groups

-Civilian conversation may reveal NAPA camp position now

-Version 1.03a of "Project CDF by GossamerSolid" now supported

-Performance tweaks

-Many other tweaks/fixes/additions

Gameplay video from SP version 1.5:

Shows small part of the new path featuring russians and more US units. Couldnt get far with the suprising active insurgents.

The map is great but I have the issue that if I use enemy vehicles I get attacked by the Americans. Be it with Black Hawks or Javelin. That's why I have shoot down a Blackhawk and can't move with the t90 into the first village because the Americans are shooting me in my tank.

@Black Russian sitting/using enemy vehicles is dangerous and the confusion is somewhat natural, unless you can communicate about it or use a common sign/signal to show its true faction/side. In most cases its healthier to avoid using enemy vehicles/stuff at all. ;)

Thats definitely annoying, happened for me too many times, but there is not much to do. Its a game feature. Sometimes realistic, but sometimes the AI still shoots even if he see me going into enemy vehicle. Seems to depend also on what vehicle player capture. I got no problems when using insurgent BMP2.

I always thought that the 'side' of the vehicle was determined by its occupants? There was some work done in the beta's regarding how the AI fired upon occupied and unoccupied vehicles - I need to go and remind myself how that turned out.

I think a solution would be to drive with he hatch open. That way they will recognioze you as friendly.

Thats definitely annoying, happened for me too many times, but there is not much to do. Its a game feature. Sometimes realistic, but sometimes the AI still shoots even if he see me going into enemy vehicle. Seems to depend also on what vehicle player capture. I got no problems when using insurgent BMP2.

Yes, after some time the Javelin gunner got it. :D And yes, it is realistic but sometimes they should know, like you mentioned.

I had some other issues.

I partly destroyed the two approaching tanks (with a lot reloading), repaired them and used them afterwards.

Since the the repair truck was often destroyed I left it with one guy behind.

Maybe this was a problem for the scripts because the distance between him and my team was often huge. So the following points might have something to do with it.

1. With both tanks I was driving around the road which I should secure but the task never was successful although sometimes enemies were spawning nearby.

2. During the road protection the Americans had an Apache. It flew around for a long time and shot targets all over the place. This seems quite much I think especially since our helicopter was shot down and there are several AA vehicles nearby.

3. The enemy AA, the Shilka, didn't really attack me while approaching them with a tank and they also didn't seem to have shoot down the Apache which should have been easily possible.

4. After destroying two Shilkas the black circles were removed and an Air console activated but the aa task wasn't marked as successful.

5. While searching for the Shilkas I was very close to the trenches but they seemed to be abandoned at least I wasn't shoot from there and didn't seen anyone. They should be guarded I suppose.

6. The enemy artillery should be guarded too I think.

7. I have seen many tents but never one with Napa soldiers. I have seen a base with Napa soldiers near the road defense but I wasn't able to talk to them.

It seems unusual that so many enemies are nearby the Napa headquarter. I had to fight for hours to get away there with proper equipment and vehicles.

Maybe the spawn scripts can be adapted to not spawn that many enemies in the NAPA/CDF zone but more the closer we get to enemy roads, trenches and so on.

And this little tents of the enemy shouldn't be in view distance from the NAPA HQ.

Besides that I really enjoyed playing your map. :)

Edited by Black Russian

in the clear passage task you need to find AT-soldiers (two 3-men groups) hidden in bushes near the task marker. I will make them more active. I will check that AA task again too. I changed some conditions for it, maybe made some mistake in it. The artillery should be guarded already with light infantry, I could add some vehicles too. There should be NAPA camps, those were working for me now in 1.5 again, but I check if there is some rare bug. Those are little harder to find than enemy camps that are spawned everywhere except in villages, the NAPA camps are spawned only in forest areas (and only when player isnt in vehicle to improve performance while driving). You can find the camps when talking to civilians, also yellow smoke should bring the units from camps to help you.

I have some blacklisting for spawning, but those are not perfect. I had plans to add zones with unique multipliers for spawning, but havent yet done that. I may leave it for Iron Front or ArmA3, but lets see. I will continue tweaking the mission.

I would just add some trenches, sandbags and/or camo nets to the artillery so it does look more like a camp than just two guns in the woods.

I was driving most of the time so that does explain the NAPA camp situation.

And I wouldn't add Apaches. If the Americans would have air superiority there would be no need for our mission I suppose.

There was so much fighting going on that I either had to walk or gather some tanks. :)

It looks like the AI view changes have made the armed Jeeps less powerful than before. They were real killers in the past but now they are often just easy targets. It is more realistic that way but unfamiliar.

Btw. I really like the whole smoke activity.

Sure, I will try to improve that artillery task its one of the most low quality tasks now. Also balance more the new path.

Yeah I am quite proud of the smoke signals :), just came to my mind and things worked fast (not saying I invented the smoke). Hope to add more similar custom features and expand the current ones in future released too. Currently player need to be on surface that is not forest (dosent matter where the smoke lands) and only the smoke he throw work. I should add the eventhandler for AI members too, but that could be quite demanding for CPU. Everytime when firing, scripts need to check the used magazine. Need to find the best balance between features, amount of life and performance.

It's kinda sad that I can't play this mission too long. After the Gorka task

When you are supposed to defend the NAPA HQ

my FPS drops from maybe 20-25 to maybe 15 and it gets unplayable. :(