Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Lost v 4.0 - Like a mash-up of 'Dogs of War' and 'Manhattan' (without the bugs)!

thanks for that feedback! When i can get myself up on doing cutscenes I definitely see me adding some of that stuff in.

Also, for Zargabad, it tends to throw me way outside the map, such as along the outer edges, is there any way to change your spawn or teleport?

The mission randomly determines your starting point in the following manner...

- first finds a random point outside the normal bounds of the populated areas

- then searches back in towards the center, placing you around 500m from the furthest out "House" object

- when you start off your are already pointing towards the center of the map, so its really just 500m of moving till you get to "something/outskirts of town". I designed it that way for two reasons:

1. you are supposed to have been stranded at an extraction zone as you were escaping the country, so being out there makes some sense

2. all the dynamic building of the mission is running as you begin and happens in a area radiating out from the player slowly, so placing you in the 'middle' of the action has some bad effects when it comes to spawning enemies and camps. Most likely you will start off seeing stuff being built all around you and it will not be very immersive.

I hope you understand my reasoning here..

One thing that I could do, is provide the player with a civilian car at their extraction zone, like if you stole it to get there, or perhaps put one parked at the nearest house. Thus you have a way of getting to civilization a bit easier.

For me i personally like the non story aspect of it. As i mentioned before i use mcc to further customize the game to my liking. Sometimes i play it as intended sometimes i load up a team of sf units and start assaulting. It plays good either way. For ppl that want bases thats doable with mcc. I played the other day where i halo jumped into the middle of the map, airdropped supplies, and set up a base then played normally. Frankly i like that i can play it different ways. Maybe branching off and doing a more traditional mission with the same mechanics and a story/survival for ppl that want to go that route. It wouldnt take much to turn this mission into a sf team joining an insurgency which might attract a different audience. Although airdropped supplies would be necessary. But i would keep the support very limited. Ie no vehicles or artillery etc. anyway if its its not too hard you should consider making different flavors because little tweaks give it a whole new feel and you have a solid foundation for many scenarios. Ace compatibility would be awsome as well. For ppl who want to add this or that weapon, unit, or want to go crazy and have air support insertions etc pick up mcc its a lot easier than tweaking the mission itself, and i havent run into compatibility issues. Anyways im loving the new maps, awsome job so far, if you decide to go a diff route just keep this version available and im content.

Thanks for the feedback, some updates on things:

- will be testing the mission on Fallujah and Lingor over the weekend, i'm concerned with the houses, but if they're compatible, should have missions out on these soon.

- I'm testing a pretty agressive change to the setup of the code, where I'm moving pretty much ALL of the code to the ADDON, which should make maintaining all the island versions easy for me. It will probably also mean that further updates will require only downloading the addon portion of the mission, since very little is in the mission folder. We'll see

- And if i add some more story to the mission, i'll probably look to tie it to a single side task that then branches into the new content, which like RPG games mean, that you can just ignore the 'main quest' if you just want to play around the island killing baddies.

Heya.. I get a script error with what appears to be a

Meet the SF guys task

Its been seen only a few times and I have not run without ACE2 yet so It might just be that. I get the script error, and then on the map I can

see the house dot turn blue

but no other indicators about it. The

meet the guerilla task

shows up just fine.

I will run without ACE2 and get back to you, but at least you can see it here.

its not ACE, its my mission. Trying to understand are you seeing a Hint popup or an actual scripterror message?

And then a question...

have you searched the blue dot house? what happens?

ok i see the issue i think, will fix that in next version...

Edited by markb50k

its not ACE, its my mission. Trying to understand are you seeing a Hint popup or an actual scripterror message?

And then a question...

have you searched the blue dot house? what happens?

ok i see the issue i think, will fix that in next version...

I have not searched the house and it is the black middle of the screen script error message. I will go for it if I see it on this play through.. I made a grievous error in trying to run right up into edge of zargabad.. I am now pinned down by multiple vehicle and a bunch of guys who don't like me. :(

Question for anyone running ace. After i loaded a save i got a error that ran in a loop something about blackout. Has anyone else got this? I assume i saved when somone was knocked out. Maybe not.. ive played vanilla since but if nobody else is getting it ill chalk it up as a fluke and give it another go with ace.

I haven't had that specific one, but after the last ACE2 upgrade I got a bunch of script errors when I resumed the mission. Once I restarted new it was all good. The only other error is the ACE backpack error when checking inventory, but I've tuned it out now.

Question for anyone running ace. After i loaded a save i got a error that ran in a loop something about blackout. Has anyone else got this? I assume i saved when somone was knocked out. Maybe not.. ive played vanilla since but if nobody else is getting it ill chalk it up as a fluke and give it another go with ace.

I dont do anything involving 'blackout' so it must be an ACE error.

NEW UPDATE!! TWO NEW ISLANDS!!!

Version 4.85:

- NEW : Add civilian car at nearest "House" to assist you in mobility

- NEW : Added missions for Lingor (using woodland forces, will try to update this mission to Lingor units when the new version is released) and Fallujah (desert config)

- fix : Assigning of one task was generating scripterrors

- tweak : All code moved to MARKB50K_LOSTADDONS pbo. You must replace your old version with this one. From this point on, most new updates will just be an update to the Addon, not the missions.

i got a problem,and can´t start the mission.

when i do so then i got this error on pressing sp missions ingame

kttflo5jrh8j.jpg

i tried v3.0 from armaholic,that version works fine.

plz help,need to play this :)

Im getting that too

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Im not sure how its done but if just the addon file is changing would it be possible to put it on sixupdater? it would make life much easier. If it will break game saves as you update disregard. Just a thought.

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Sgt erase the lingor and fallujah files from your mission folder and download 4.3 and overwrite. Worked for me to get running again till there is a fix.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Sry not 4.3 whatever the last one was.

Please confirm that you are putting the MARKB50K_LostAddons PBO file in your Addons/ directory IN ADDITION to putting the new Mission PBOs in your MISSIONS directory. I think you guys are forgetting the Addons PBO

---------- Post added at 03:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

Version 4.86:

- fix : include file error

- install : ADDONS pbo in ADDONS directory, MISSIONS pbos in MISSIONS directory

doing exactly as you say,but game crashes with same error in my post above

1ne89qupygx1.jpg

RPT says:

=====================================================================

== G:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2oa.exe

== "G:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 "-mod=G:\Bohemia Interactive\PMC;G:\Bohemia Interactive\BAF;G:\Bohemia Interactive\@CBA;G:\Bohemia Interactive\@Insel;G:\Bohemia Interactive\@MAP_EU;G:\Bohemia Interactive\@Sounds;G:\Bohemia Interactive\@stuff;G:\Bohemia Interactive\@test" -exThreads=7

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2011/12/22 18:47:19

Current time: 2012/04/16 17:51:28

Version 1.60.87580

Updating base class RifleCursor->MGCursorCore, by trueuser_igui_theme_truemods\config.bin/CfgWeaponCursors/MGCursor/

Updating base class LawCursorCore->RifleCursorCore, by trueuser_xhair\config.bin/CfgWeaponCursors/LawCursor/

Updating base class RifleCursor->RifleCursorCore, by trueuser_xhair\config.bin/CfgWeaponCursors/PistolCursor/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by anders_c_cracks\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class Sounds->, by anders_c_hmmwv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by anders_c_hmmwv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class Movement->, by anders_c_hmmwv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/Movement/

Updating base class NewTurret->CommanderOptics, by anders_c_t90\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T90/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/

Updating base class ->Sounds, by anders_c_t90\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T90/Sounds/

Updating base class ->Movement, by anders_c_t90\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T90/Sounds/Movement/

Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Takistan/EnvSounds/

Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/EnvSounds/

Updating base class CommanderOptics->NewTurret, by trueuser_fov_autozoom\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T90/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Desert_E/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Takistan/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by warfx_weapons\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/Sa58V_RCO_EP1/Single/

Updating base class MGun->CannonCore, by warfx_weapons\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/M621/manual/

Updating base class Engine->, by anders_c_abrams\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class ->Sounds, by anders_c_bradley\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M2A2_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class ->Movement, by anders_c_bradley\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M2A2_Base/Sounds/Movement/

Updating base class RscPictureKeepAspect->RscPicture, by ui_duala\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/variants/LoadingOne/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class RscPictureKeepAspect->RscPicture, by ui_duala\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->Single, by x\asr_ai\addons\c_airof\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Sa58V_RCO_EP1/Single/

Error in expression <factor[0.3, 1]) min (rpm factor[1, 0.3])>

Error position: <>

Error Fehlende )

Error: Sound volume expression: 2*(1-camPos)*engineOn*((rpm factor[0.3, 1]) min (rpm factor[1, 0.3])

Error in expression <factor[0.3, 1]) min (rpm factor[1, 0.3])>

Error position: <>

Error Fehlende )

Error: Sound volume expression: 2*(1-camPos)*engineOn*((rpm factor[0.3, 1]) min (rpm factor[1, 0.3])

[658,26.892,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=intro, worldName=ThirskW, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[658,28.934,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

T72_CDF: HatchCommander - unknown animation source hatchCommander

[663,43.491,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[663,43.694,0.1,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, "]

[663,43.78,0.1,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=<NULL-object>, _playerType=", _playerGroup=<NULL-group&gt]

ErrorMessage: Include file MARKB50K_LostAddons\grpMenu\Dlg\common.h not found.

Please confirm that you are putting the MARKB50K_LostAddons PBO file in your Addons/ directory IN ADDITION to putting the new Mission PBOs in your MISSIONS directory. I think you guys are forgetting the Addons PBO

---------- Post added at 03:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

Version 4.86:

- fix : include file error

- install : ADDONS pbo in ADDONS directory, MISSIONS pbos in MISSIONS directory

Never recommend somebody to put anything 3rd party into their addons folder. Mod folders should be used instead :)

I have a mod folder and the mission is working just fine. I tried fallujah but stopped after it got real laggy in the city, even with less than default groups, but I don't think you can do much on that, its a large map full of objects. Back in zargabad, the northern part of the city is a killing ground. The enemy army sends its squads in and they just disappear.. bodies, gear and all. Imagine that. :D

eehm..i m the only one i m getting errors while extracting the .rar file (latest mission version)??

Yeah. I get an error too (CRC-Error) with WinRar.

Here and on OFPEC-Forums. Maybe you could check that markb50k?

Edit: Oh! Now I could extract it without a problem, after downloading it the 16th time :) thanks anyway! I really enjoy this mission!

Edited by eatmagnetic

@eatmagnetic/GiorgyGR : i just tested the download and i got the CRC error as well. I will try to upload a new one shortly... I'm at work, so i dont check the board too often. sorry.

@SgtPeppa : yes i got the same error you did with the "include" file error. I put up a new version 4.86 that did fix it, but the only problem is the RAR file is getting a CRC error. again, apologize for the delays..

@heklos : yeah not much can be done with Fallujah since it has a ton of objects. But it can still be played with small numbers of troops.

will put up a new one in a minute or two. Hopefully it will work.

Also, I will be releasing, probably tomorrow, a Isla Duala version using native troops, and one using ARMA 2 units in the Celle 2 map.

I looked at doing a convert for the Panthera island, but the island has no FlatArea locations in the config so the mission wouldnt run well.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

re-uploaded to OFPEC. Link in first post. Let me know if this works.

Looks like the Zargabad pbo is getting corrupted when i upload it to OFPEC. Looking into it. The rest of the PBOs are fine.

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Ok, not sure what was happening, but had to upload as a ZIP. Should be working fine now, all missions.

Edited by markb50k

Hey just tried the radio menu 0-8-7 Near Friendlies -> Recruit I got the error message in the tan box, not the black with white lettering that the recruit.sqs was not found. This is on zargabad newest version.

Also I have a suggestion. What do you think about making the weapons more random with the enemy army?. I would think that many NATO weapons would have been captured in the times prior to the start of the storyline.

Edited by heklos

thanks, will check out the recruit error, probably looking for the old file name, not the new one in the Addon..

as for weapons loadout, thats a good idea, ill see how easy it is to put it in..

EDIT: yeah found the error, small fix.. will put out with the new version probably later today with the two new islands..

Adding to that.. captured NATO gear could extend to vehicles :)

now THAT's alot easier to implement than the weapons on individual soldiers...