Sign in to follow this  
jedra

Take On Helicopters: Rearmed - Official at last

They are pretty much compatable already, I am using a ton of A2 and OA mods in Take On, even the RealTimeEditor is working after a little trickery with the setup.

The main thing BIS will probably be doing is tying in A2 with Take On without having to resort to putting A2 in as a mod which is the current way to get it working.

Any one who loves flying fixed wing will love those clouds, they are pretty damn good in first person view while flying in and out of them.

So as I undersand this patch will bring all ArmA object for editor - so I will use old mods without any AA?

So as I undersand this patch will bring all ArmA object for editor - so I will use old mods without any AA?

Yes. The assests you own in Arma 2, OA, BAF, PMC will be available to use in the editor.

As it's using the ToH engine there may be some incompatibilities with 3rd Party mods and missions though. It will be a case of just giving them a go to see what happens. It will then be up to the original authors as to whether they are made compatible or not.

A taste of TOA

c1SJMHL7iAM

Cockpit flicker occurs at 1:53, but is not very evident otherwise. 1.05 FM for kb/mouse seems solid as a rock for medium heli, BEST FM EVER!!!!!!

1.05 FM for kb/mouse seems solid as a rock for medium heli, BEST FM EVER!!!!!!

But it is broken for joystick player...

But it is broken for joystick player...

massively broken imo. The Hind is really good I think - the light, medium and heavy model on the other hand feel wrong (some more some less).

There are a lot of issues when simply combining the games - either as modfolder, or externally. Your RPT file should be full of issues, and plenty of things are broken / experiencing issues.

So the patch is much more than 'just' loading A2/OA not as mod.

Sorry, never meant to come across that it was a piece of piss to do. I understand the UI problems as at the moment I have the UI from A2 and OA removed to combat this.

Also of note, the only mod I have had any real problems with so far is the RKSL Systems pbo and that screws the UI up when used. Whether the new integration will sort this or maybe RKSL may have to create a TKoH version, if they are willing that is.

There are also some of the functions from A2 and OA that don't seem to work, like the parachuting for example.

A lot of the more complex mods do seem to work though, like Real Time Editor and in fact road painter as well.

So it bodes well for this much anticipated update from BIS.

Sorry, never meant to come across that it was a piece of piss to do. I understand the UI problems as at the moment I have the UI from A2 and OA removed to combat this.

Also of note, the only mod I have had any real problems with so far is the RKSL Systems pbo and that screws the UI up when used. Whether the new integration will sort this or maybe RKSL may have to create a TKoH version, if they are willing that is.

We wont be supporting TKoH. Only ArmA2 and 3.

(Before someone tries to make something out of this: Why? Because none of us own TKoH. :D)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Well this news finally made me take the plunge. I REALLY cant wait for this patch to hit. I am trying to convince my friends to go ahead and get this too. But its alot of money for ARMA 2.5. ill do it becasue I love helo's they might not unless it was half the price. Alas, I'll be having a great time!

O'boy! This news has EPIC written all over it :cool:

Thanks BIS!

I hope the patch will even work with the confuzzled pathways I have on my HD. I am already looking forward to regimental level tank battles on the plains at the takistani border, at ranges beyond 10 kilometers no less! And exciting CQB in the cities. And Modern Warfare missions in downtown seattle! So exciting! *glee*

Now I only need to buy the Hinds DLC and my Bohemia collection will be complete.

epic news BI.

Now all you need to do is add a Mi-28N DLC and I will be as happy as a Pig in Sh$t!!!!

Any news about this 1.06? It will be biggest update I think, if this patch will bring to TOKH all 3D objects from ArmA ?

As I understand it you will only be able to use Arma 2 stuff if you have a copy of Arma 2 installed, so no Arma stuff for those who don't own A2

Yeah, it seems like it doesn't make sense to distribute and ArmA2+OA+RFT lite version in a patch.

As I understand it you will only be able to use Arma 2 stuff if you have a copy of Arma 2 installed, so no Arma stuff for those who don't own A2

Are You sure? So I dont understand. If TOH must be compatible online with previouse versions must to have all objects from ArmA series too. So again will be a little mess with this online if You will be compatible only with persons with too same version of BiS other games like example:

TOH

TOH+Hinds

TOH+Hinds+ArmA2

TOH+Hinds+ArmA:OA

TOH+ArmA2

TOH+ArmA:OA

?

Better way its to add all objects in patch but if You havent other game cant play as a player (like in Rise of Flight, only 3D, external objects).

Ok now imagine explaining that to your rookie new member of your clan/team ;)

You can get at least get A2F for free. However to buy CO isn't much either these days. :)

everytime i read this thread i get impatient. user made pnp for tanks. java scripting for units. going to be awesome.

Currently micro-AI is disabled in TOH, so in close quarters the AI is useless, and infantry doesn´t make use of cover at all. It´d be rad if this could be enabled too, it would allow much deeper scenario design too, if the AI would behave at least approximately as it does in A2.

Otherwise, really looking forward to this. Maybe I can finally overcome myself and make that Hind campaign I originally wanted to make when A2 came out.

Cheerio

Insta

Currently micro-AI is disabled in TOH

It is not disabled, but it cannot work effectively with the specific input data. Seattle and probably even South Asia are rather macro worlds, focusing on the large-scale nature of it. On Takistan for example, micro AI should work as in OA itself.

It is not disabled, but it cannot work effectively with the specific input data. Seattle and probably even South Asia are rather macro worlds, focusing on the large-scale nature of it. On Takistan for example, micro AI should work as in OA itself.

Ah, pity. :( The large cities on the SE Asia map would´ve been perfect for some nice CQB battles, rooftop insertions and bomb-sniping backyards.

First beta of the project, Take On Helicopters: Rearmed, released.

First beta of the project, Take On Helicopters: Rearmed, released.

Ah shoot.... now I must have TOH.... and learn to properly fly a heli! I hope there is also a hardcopy of TOH released?

I hope there is also a hardcopy of TOH released?

Yes indeed :)