Sign in to follow this  
jedra

Take On Helicopters: Rearmed - Official at last

Dan;2122426']It just wouldn't work' date=' I mean, everyone will grab a chopper and noone will want to be on the ground capping with the flightmodels. Afterall, we did buy a HELI FLIGHT sim.[/quote']

So give every one a chopper ..hehe

On the flip side folks would have also bought A2, probably OA, for any of this to work so whats the diff?

I almost bought this when the hinds were released, now I think its a must. Just hope I don't get sucked into converting my Hind A over to TOH flight model, I don't think my marrige would survive it.

Just hope I don't get sucked into converting my Hind A over to TOH flight model, I don't think my marrige would survive it.

That's just so selfish! Think of the commnunity - there's only one of us, there's plenty of potential wives out there ;-)

So give every one a chopper ..hehe

On the flip side folks would have also bought A2, probably OA, for any of this to work so whats the diff?

I almost bought this when the hinds were released, now I think its a must. Just hope I don't get sucked into converting my Hind A over to TOH flight model, I don't think my marrige would survive it.

I am sure we will all chip to help you pay for the lawyers. :)

Looking forward to the Crocodile either way.

Need large maps for battles with this...

---------- Post added at 06:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 ----------

Interesting to see TOKH Ka-52 :D

Great news would be if finally BIS would fix some of the showstoppers in operation arrowhead like the EWR bug or the conversation system for target reports and chit chat for A2 units in OA.

Get ready for TOA!

fdd6e9178469629.jpg

Real view of TOA beta: ToH military medium at Loy Manara airfield in Takistan viewed through TWS scope showing heatmap. :cool:

I ever think that TOH was a step to ArmaIII :)

I've just buy it, with the Hind DLC this weekend: What a sweet surprise!

Thanks BIS for this Arma2.5! :bigsmile:

I knew it...

I regret buying the Steam version of ToH.

Will I be able to bind my retail ArmAII/CO with the Steam version of ToH ?

I expect so but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyways.

I never load ToH through Steam, btw.

Having been using A2 and OA with Take On for a while now, will BIS be replacing the old sky-boxes as at the moment they look silly with the new clouds and old clouds?

Will the skydiving scripts now work correctly, as dropping in from 18000ft through the clouds is pretty decent experience too?

Last question, BAF and PMC, can I now use my paid for high quality models instead of the BAF-lite ones?

I knew it...

I regret buying the Steam version of ToH.

Will I be able to bind my retail ArmAII/CO with the Steam version of ToH ?

I expect so but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyways.

I never load ToH through Steam, btw.

Yeah, this will work. It will be done via the registry in the same way that 1.6 works out whether to run combined ops or not.

This sounds awesome, but what does it mean exactly? Only that Arma 2 maps can be used for flying in THOH, and Arma 2 units can be used as AI by placing them in the TKOH editor? But you can't play as infantry or as vehicle crew in TKOH, and there will be no multiplayer compatibilty between Arma 2 and TKOH?

You guys never get tired of being outstanding ?

That's what we do when we want to kick back and relax a bit. :D

This sounds awesome, but what does it mean exactly? Only that Arma 2 maps can be used for flying in THOH, and Arma 2 units can be used as AI by placing them in the TKOH editor? But you can't play as infantry or as vehicle crew in TKOH, and there will be no multiplayer compatibilty between Arma 2 and TKOH?

It means that the assets of both games can be used when TKOH is played. The ability to play on foot or drive other vehicles has been in Take On from the start. There is no MP compatibility between Take On and Arma 2, all clients have to be running TKOH.

It means that the assets of both games can be used when TKOH is played. The ability to play on foot or drive other vehicles has been in Take On from the start. There is no MP compatibility between Take On and Arma 2, all clients have to be running TKOH.

Ok, thanks for the info, that makes things a bit more clear. Looking forward very much to this update!

This week? ;)

Cant wait.

this week ? are you shure ?

Edited by themaster303

Thanks ToH team, this is great. :) This kind of helicopter flying better be in Arma3, I can't go back to the old stuff!

So. This change is coming thanks to the next tkoh patch? Which you'll need beta tested to minimise errors? Or is it possible that the compatibility is already assured? Must say that this is going to be great. And then there is the arma3 alpha coming after June.

So. This change is coming thanks to the next tkoh patch? Which you'll need beta tested to minimise errors? Or is it possible that the compatibility is already assured? Must say that this is going to be great. And then there is the arma3 alpha coming after June.

At no point have they said when this change will occur! You might have to manage your own expectations!

The ArmA will be nessesery on too same PC with this patch?

So I will can to use "old" mods (like a maps) for TOKH without ArmA 1 or 2 or AA:OA or must have too?

They are pretty much compatable already, I am using a ton of A2 and OA mods in Take On, even the RealTimeEditor is working after a little trickery with the setup.

The main thing BIS will probably be doing is tying in A2 with Take On without having to resort to putting A2 in as a mod which is the current way to get it working.

Any one who loves flying fixed wing will love those clouds, they are pretty damn good in first person view while flying in and out of them.

They are pretty much compatable already, I am using a ton of A2 and OA mods in Take On, even the RealTimeEditor is working after a little trickery with the setup.

The main thing BIS will probably be doing is tying in A2 with Take On without having to resort to putting A2 in as a mod which is the current way to get it working.

Any one who loves flying fixed wing will love those clouds, they are pretty damn good in first person view while flying in and out of them.

There are a lot of issues when simply combining the games - either as modfolder, or externally. Your RPT file should be full of issues, and plenty of things are broken / experiencing issues.

So the patch is much more than 'just' loading A2/OA not as mod.

At no point have they said when this change will occur! You might have to manage your own expectations!

Jedra, i refer you to the quote you used to start this post with where DNA mentioned... "

The next official patch (codename Downtown) will automatically and seamlessly merge TKOH with a lot of our previous releases, should you have legitimate copies installed

that's the only when i am referencing - though my expectations are quite keen on this. flying chernauaus will be awesome.

@twisted - sorry, yes you are correct. I forgot that they mentioned a patch but not a date.

Anyway as sickboy said, there's a bit of work to do to get it working as a releasable product. Yes you can combine them now, but there are all kinds of conflicts - you can see that with the UI being all over the place and the report file howling in pain!

@_YoYo_ - yes you will need Arma 2, OA or both installed with a valid key to use this.