Sign in to follow this  
Skagget

getpos setpos move

I have this problem with a civ not moving to a position. Ive tried alot of diffrent stuff and non really works. This is what I have:

I teleport the civ into a car, and then I want that civ to drive away. Meaning, when he is in the car; drive. The trigger sets off when people are near:

CIV moveInDriver _vehicle;

Then from there Ive tried with

CIV in CAR

CIV setpos getpos PLACE

Ive tried alot of diffrent solutions: CIV setPos (getPos PLACE) even tried making civ a leader of group: (leader CIVGRP) domove (getPos PLACE);

What do happens is he get teleported into vehicle and then starts it up but just sits there and nothing...

Once you have your CIV in the car then use

CIV domove (getmarkerpos "YourMarkerNameHere");

and have a named marker placed where you want the civ to drive to, OR if you want the CIV to drive to where ever a certain unit or object is on the map then you need

CIV doMove (position UnitName);

The setpos\getpos you are trying to use is best for placing units\objects in certain positions relative to other objects within the game world and not for making units walk\drive there.

Edited by Koni

The problem is that CIV is not the CAR and as cargo he can't be placed everywhere, you have to move the car !

a la:

CAR setpos PLACE;

or

CAR setpos getmarkerpos "PLACE"; (when PLACE is a marker and not a object)

also you can also use

(vehicle CIV) instead of CAR

Lester > You were right on the money ! :)

That was what I missed totally. Didnt even think it would be like that, wasnt even thinking in those lines. But when I saw your post; "ahh man !! of course" hehe.. so big thanks. I made it with <doMove> command;

CAR doMove (position PLACE);

As just setpos getpos (etc) will just teleport it.. but your post hit the mark !