Sign in to follow this  
_YoYo_

No Radar in Expert but real RWR! SPO-15

Then there are some things I'm absolutely not happy with:

1. The permanent radar is annoying - give us an option to disable it.

Please BIS Team to do this active - RWR. Its too same function and near all functions will be work.

rwrs.jpg

SPO-15

SPO-15l.jpg

Me three. The A2-like "cheating radar" (;)) is redundant if the built-in Russian indicator is functional.

Its too same function and near all functions will be work.

In fact no, because SPO-15 detect ONLY radar (air/ground emissions and incoming missiles) and priotirize the menace. It doesn't detect laser emissions and IR/laser incoming missiles, and that a make a big difference in the SA, much harder to survive :)

But this "easy radar" shows it of default TOKH:Hinds? Idont know, if yes, You have right, but always Berioza can be a little tweeked :).

I also vote for a possibility to disable the radar. Maybe it could be done with

setHitpointDamage ["Radar",1];

(AI-pilots then should also have no access to the radar).

The HUD-radar-display should disappear completely and physical radar-displays should be disfunctional (the one that the OP mentioned).

getHitPointDamage / setHitPointDamage

Edited by RogueTrooper

Is there an addon-free method to remove/disable the radar? If the user was not able to freely position it, it could be covered by a dialog-box... or is the radar's position a returnable value?

The radar's position is absolute (well, relative to the safeZone anyway). There is no function or command that will make it go away as far as I can see. My addon simply makes it 0 height and 0 width, but it does that with a config replacement.

If you are wondering whether you could do it in a mission, then maybe there is some mileage in looking at what you can do with the configs in description.ext - but this would only work for multiplayer.

Other than this, you would need to wait for BIS to implement a more granular skill level for expert mode.