Sign in to follow this  
RodrigoMF_BR

Take on: Hinds - Install Error

When i tryed install Take on: Hinds, the setup return MISSING STRING...

Someone can help me ?

Try reinstalling TKOH and then patch up to 1.05

Totally re-installed fresh downloaded sprocket TKOH then 1.01-1.05...then take on hinds got the same error. "MISSING STRING!!!"

run take on hinds install again and just get "setup cancelled" pop up after online activation.

Had enough now, going to play wot.

... got the same error. "MISSING STRING!!!"

Which of the applications shows this error, and in what way? Is it the installer itself, or the game after installing somehow? Is the window that is showing this error providing any details, like a title?

immediately after entering key for online activation, so I would say installer.... there was no title to dialogue box, just a little box in center of screen with missing string!!! error. close box and there is no install folders and no other error reports I can find.

i have the same problem, apart from i did not get any error message. the installer just stopped working after entering activation-serial-code.

the game is patched to 1.05, patch installation was no problem for the last patches.

os is win7pro 64bit.

am i suppose to have a short cut on desk top for HINDS ? as once i started it after the install and now i cant find it in take on helicopters or a short cut ? or in take on in expansions its not there ?meaning sometimes i start take on and the hind expansion is there,and then other times it is not ? steam instal bis sprocket hind update

Edited by AZY

Hinds just runs as a mod in ToH.

If you want a shortcut, find your ToH exe (takeonh.exe), right-click on it and choose create shortcut. You can then drag it to the desktop. Once it's on the desktop, right click on the shortcut, choose Properties and then add the following to the end of of the 'Target' line;

"-mod=hinds"

The shortcut should then run ToH with the Hinds expansion.

Personally I use Six Updater to run it, the same way as I launch Arma - works perfectly.

Nb for Steam Take On Helicopters will be somewhere like;

c:\program files (x86)\steamapps\common\Take On Helicopters

In there, you should find takeonh.exe. Hinds should have installed itself in a sub folder there called 'hinds'.

setup1.jpg

Getting the above error now, this box pops up after going through the online activation during install.

Redownloaded, reinstalled everything, and this is all I get with hinds installer.

Take on helicopters is running fine updated to 1.05 compatibility version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full re-install of windows has sorted the problem.

A full reinstall was probably in order as recently upgraded motherboard/cpu etc, but didnt do a clean install!

Windows 7 appeared to repair itself for most things, but obviously not quite everything.

Edited by Wildgoose
Fixed problem

Hello.

I have bought and installed Take On Helicopters: Hinds DLC Bundle. Where do I find the Hind in the game. It dosent appear anywhere ingame. Neither do I find any modfiles of Hind in my main Take On Helicopterdirecotry.

Any suggestions?

Jolo

Do you have TKOH\Hinds?

Yes I think so. Bought it in at bundle (paid 64 euro). So I expected the Hind mod is part of it.

It should include Hinds. You probably need to install the DLC seperately. Did you download a second .exe (Take_On_Helicopters_Hinds-Setup.exe)? And why 64€?? O_o Where did you buy it? Sprocket has the Bundle listed for 49.99€ ...