th_ArmA2OA2012-03-1515-20-16-27.jpg

Introduction:

This is a Greek island located in eastern Aegean sea area, called "Mitilini". This island is my first releasable effort in map modding area and I must admit that it is far away of my expectations as the map it seems to be too small for my original plans.

Anyway I'm releasing that in a 1st version "as is" condition and I'll continue either with a 2nd version, twice in size, or maybe another island.

Required Addons

Aplion Buildings http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132466-Aplion-Buildings

Gnat Isolda Fleet (included)

Gnat Frigates & Weapons (included)

Mondkalb Killhouses (included)

Bracer bra_obj (included)

Pathetic Berserker Stadium (included)

Notes:

This is version 1.0 and all PBOs are signed. A server key is also included.

No modification of the original files is permitted without a prior written authorization by me.

Credits:

To Bohemia Interactive.

To Gnat for his ships addons.

To Bracer for bra_obj.pbo

To Mondkalb for his Killhouses addon.

To Pathetic Berserker for his Stadium addon.

To the Community for the inspiration and help provided.

To my game team Hellenic Army Command Virtual (HACv) for beta testing.

Known Issues:

So far no issues have been detected so feel free to let me know if something will be found.

Installation:

As the MOD is already using modfolder format, extract the contents of the rar file directly into your game root folder. Then add -mods=@Mitilini to the command line of your executable file.

Download Link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/q02vm0

ArmA2Base.de Mirror: Mitilini Island

required : Aplion Buildings

Armacholic mirror link : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16424

Armedassault.info links : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=182 & http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1930&game=1

Six Updater Network : Direct Download | Mod info

A fix as the bisign file was not matched with .pbo file of Mitilini Island.

Download Link : http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/k6gaen

Aplion

Edited by Aplion

Very nice! Will have a proper play later but it looks good so far! I like the new buildings too! Congrats on the release and thanks for sharing!

Grats mate. This looks like a good candidate for my mission :) I could always put a base INSIDE the stadium :)

Thanks for the shots and mirror link mate :)

Congrats on the release!

gonna test it later today.

Oh and: it's very very nice to finally see the H.W.M. logo again ;)

Congratulations for the release Aplion.

You`ve just made my weekend!

Congrats on the release!

p.s. custom houses look awesome.

Edited by IceBreakr

Thanks for positive comments guys ... appreciated :)

Excellent.

Not an easy job for one person . Well done mate !! :yay:

Great new island nice work indeed !

BTW where is the kill house could not locate it ?

You can locate it in an area called "Training Ground" (red color letters).

Awesome work mate. This is beautiful and a great first release. Definitely going to be using this for some coop play. Good size for multiplayer and runs smooth!

Nice Greek island! Imo those fleets/taskgroups (RUS/US) are too close to each other and it looks more like Mitilini is under siege and will be involved in a "threesome/gangbang" as soon as Turkey sees a chance. That would be total madness for all those citizens on Mitilini. ;) What about a "light" version without certain addons so that players don't get "bored" with hardcoded stuff that is not moveable or changeable by mission design/script? Or just more water to the south and Krivak group placed far away (close to southern horizon) from the island? :)

Nice Greek island! Imo those fleets/taskgroups (RUS/US) are too close to each other and it looks more like Mitilini is under siege and will be involved in a "threesome/gangbang" as soon as Turkey sees a chance. That would be total madness for all those citizens on Mitilini. ;) What about a "light" version without certain addons so that players don't get "bored" with hardcoded stuff that is not moveable or changeable by mission design/script? Or just more water to the south and Krivak group placed far away (close to southern horizon) from the island? :)

I'll keep that in mind mate and in case more mission makers - players fιnd these ships around the island causing problem, I'll make a more light version as you suggest.

Thanks for comments.

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Hey Aplion,

Have released my mashed mission on Mitilini. Enjoy.

Can be found in ...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3905219/ZKs_BattleZone_V3MSO_v6b.Mitilini.pbo

Cheers mate.

Kremator

Thanks for that mate, it will definately be on our server today :)

Aplion great you have created Tonel, you can create Tonel as a separate object of mapping for?

Aplion great you have created Tonel, you can create Tonel as a separate object of mapping for?

This specific tunnel made using original BI structures and nature objects (rocks - trees) rescaled and re-heighted through visitor so there is no model to give as separate addon. But in any case all map makers could do something similar or use mine as template if they like. In any case I was thinking of making a model tunnel but it will be a simple model which will need again rescaling from map makers in order to fit their terrain needs.

..which will need again rescaling from map makers in order to fit their terrain needs.

Why rescale the new model man?

I think you got plenty of room to make a 1:1 (at least at x,y dimensions) tunnel-piece/repeatable

Why rescale the new model man?

I think you got plenty of room to make a 1:1 (at least at x,y dimensions) tunnel-piece/repeatable

Because I don't know the area that any map maker wants to cover using this tunnel model ... in might need rescale down or up. Ofcourse it will be a repetable model or should I say addon as just straight parts aren't enough :)