Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Damaging model

Hi there.

I was just wondering if the damaging models for the planes could be changed a bit, and maybe be a little like ground units. This means that if one wing or tail is damaged, the flight model should be changes so the plane couldnt maneaver as much.

I dont know if this could be possible, but since it is with ground units (men, tanks, jeeps and trucks), why shouldnt it be possible in the air?

Oh.. btw.. could u make it so that planes and choppers can start smoking or something?!

Yes, please

me want smoke from the engine exhaust of the choppers when they are running low on 'armour'.

Should'nt be that big a deal as we already got that with all the tanks and apcs

They did smoke in the first version. My friend still has a ss of it that I took. I will have to get it from him and show you how long the smoke would trail............................................. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Examples of what not to post here:

Suggestions like: "please implement this, this and that"

Question about new features like: "will swords be ever implemented in OFP?"

Known bugs.

<span id='postcolor'>

Moved out of MP Test to GD.

yeh, i have to agree with you on that, and this is just a thought, but i know when you run out of armour, your aircraft is meant to be "dead" but unless you physically explode in mid air like sometimes happens (not fall apart blow up just bang explode)

what about being able to eject still, so many times ive been hit and its been nowhere near the cockpit and ive just died and glided into the ground. anyway just a thought

im guessing its not in ofp because every possible piece of damage would require a new lod and debris would have to be put inthe wounds on men are textures, putting bullet hole textures on aircraft would be cool though, so it looks like youve been 'shot up'