Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Panavia tornado

Will the 3rd-person viewpoint be really far-off like the earlier F-16, Hawk, and AMX models we've seen recently? I'd much prefer the viewpoint to be more like the Su-25 or A-10. I hate seeing my own aircraft from so far away, lol.

Also, will the Tornado feature new sounds, instead of just using the same sounds from the Hawk or AMX?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Jub-Jub Bird @ June 15 2002,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You mean the Hunting JP.233 dispenser?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah that's the one.  Here is a pic of it...in the pic itself is a picture of the damage it causes.  smile.gif  

I'm trying to find a better picture of the JP233 in action.  

wpeF.jpg

I got that pic at:

http://homepages.enterprise.net/corkish/images/tornado_in_detail.htm  

Fantastic detailed pics of the Tornado there...perfect for 3d modellers.  

Chris G. aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Oh...one note to the addon makers. The JP233 is NOT a cluster bomb. It dispenses bomblets from the sides of the pod while the pod remains on the aircraft. I believe it is jettisoned after usage but I'm not for certain on that. But if anyone adds this bady boy please don't make it into a big bomb that just falls off the plane. wink.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

For general information, that version of the Tornado is the ADV, or Air Defense Variant. I think the Tornado IDS [inderDiction Strike] would have suited OFP slightly better, because strike missions are more prominent than air defense and interception missions. All in all, that is a truly IMPRESSIVE model! I haven't seen anything so good since the Hawk. Even the F-16 was a severe disappointment for me, but surely this will rock the OFP world! wink.gif

More Tornado pics:

Below is a pic with the Tornado with a JP233 dispenser

lrg0127.jpg

Below is the Tornado in "Wild Weasel" configuration with two HARM anti-radar missles. On the left wing it looks like an ECM pod but on the right wing I'm not sure what type of missle that is.  At rate a "Wild Weasel" Tornado would be awesome although difficult to make the weapons systems realistic where they only lock onto radars and AA systems.

lrg0613.jpg

This pics are from:

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/tornado.html

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 14 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ June 14 2002,19wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The plane that you mean is the F-14 tomcat

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-14.htm

FW<span id='postcolor'>

he knows he means the f-14 tomcat  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ehh in case u havent noticed it he has edited the post at first it didnt said which plane he ment!!!!!! He just said it looked like the plane from top gun!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 15 2002,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">More Tornado pics:

Below is the Tornado in "Wild Weasel" configuration with two HARM anti-radar missles. On the left wing it looks like an ECM pod but on the right wing I'm not sure what type of missle that is.  At rate a "Wild Weasel" Tornado would be awesome although difficult to make the weapons systems realistic where they only lock onto radars and AA systems.

lrg0613.jpg

This pics are from:

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/tornado.html

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

The pod will either be Chaff/Flare dispenser, Skyshadow ECM or TSPJ (Tornado Self Protection Jammer)

check this page, it also has armements for the IDS varient

ok i talked to indy(G8 mod leader) and hes pretty sure its the IDS one we're making if not then there will be two types an ids for ground attack and adv for dogfighting

i cant control what they put on the italian version, i am however going to set up a retexture and get new armaments modelled and textued for an RAF version, i think that lost brothers also want to do a german navy and air force version, i will definately be putting accurate weapon load outs and sounds on my raf tornado, i think addons that have the right names sounds and accurate effects are the best in ofp

infact ive already lined up the retexturing... its going to be mine and vixers first addon together

yeah im going to model new weaponsi was thinking of making a modern raf version.... so at the minute i have for the 7 hardpoints...

1+2 = 2 brimstone systems (2X3missiles)

3+4 = 2 pavewayII 1000lb bombs

5 = ?

6 = ?

7 = ?

i have 3 spare hardpoints to use...i may do the jp 233 but i need better pictures, and i think that uses the centreline fuselage, so that may still leave me with two spare...

this is what they can use:

Nuclear bombs

Sidewinder air-to-air

ALARM or AGM-88 HARM anti-radiation missiles

JP233 low-altitude airfield attack munitions dispenser

Paveway II and III laser-guided bomb

Maverick

Sea Eagle and Kormoran air-to-surface missiles

Napalm

BL755 cluster bombs (277 kg; 611 lb Mk1 or 264 kg; 582 lb Mk 2)

MW-1 munitions dispenser

1,000 lb bombs

smart or dumb bombs

BLU-1B 750 lb fire bombs

Mk 83 1,000 lb and Mk 82 500 lb bombs

Mk 20 Rockeye cluster bombs

Matra 250 kg ballistic and dumb bombs

Lepus flare bombs

LAU-51A and LR-25 rocket launchers

APACHE standoff weapons dispenser from 1997

you can chose two out of that lot...

im not sure on the specifics but i think its automatic,

oh and ive decided not to do the JP-233 as its too much coding and me and vixer are busy so we are doing this easy addon before moving onto our marine helicopters

so this is what im going to put on it....

2 Brimstone Systems (6 missiles)

2 Paveway III 2000lb Laser Guided Bombs

2 Aim 9 Sidewinders

1 Stormshadow

2X30mm Mauser cannon

sounds good to me, good mix.

you could always come back to the JP-233s at a later date if you chose to and they arent exactly the most usefull weapon are they?

Storm shadow? Thats a long range high explosive cruise missle......that should be an hell of explosion and how the hell are you going to aim that thing?

the radar wil be able to pcik targets far away so you can lock them by radar

What about some of those rockeyes or the mk83 or mk82 instead of the gunpods

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ June 16 2002,10:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about some of those rockeyes or the mk83 or mk82 instead of the gunpods<span id='postcolor'>

How about a nice warm cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DRa1N @ June 16 2002,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ June 16 2002,10:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about some of those rockeyes or the mk83 or mk82 instead of the gunpods<span id='postcolor'>

How about a nice warm cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP<span id='postcolor'>

why dont you do that yourself  mad.gif

What do you wanna use gunpods for in a plane that fly over the island in 5 sec