Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Panavia tornado

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 14 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great. and could you also ask him to make sure it has a good armament, non of the game's giant maverics, or non guideable bombs. What about making some new weapons, like cannon pods, Brimstone anti-armor missiles, and guided bombs.

I can't wait.

Edit: Typo.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think real guided bombs are possible in OFP unfortunately. Unless someone figures out how to make a bomb that has guidance like a missle but that just glides towards it's target.

It would be nice if BIS fixed that problem.

I'm just hoping that he adds a submunitions dispenser like on the real thing That should be possible by writing a script where when you press the fire control it generates a few a dozen "hand grenades" just below the aircraft. That way if you keep pressing the trigger you can release hundreds of the "bomblets" and create a big swath of distruction. Only hard thing would getting the AI to use it. But it could be loaded with missles and regular bombs for the AI to use as well. Cannon pods would be nice, although if I remember correctly it carries its own internal cannon no?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M|N|0N @ June 14 2002,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">right now everyone is makeing ju7st one LOD<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... At least stuff I have made have multiple LOD levels like they are supposed to smile.gif I dont think any model should be released (even as unofficial addon) if there is no LOD levels.

The plane looks nice Evis, although the textures could fit a bit better in ofp if they had a little bit of shading/noise in them.

Looks alot like an f-14 except it only has one back fin whereas the f-14 had two back fins.  Look at difference.

f-14-tomcat-01.jpg

Tor3.jpg

I will get in trouble for this but ... people on here are retarded or cant read or something or they are blind. Well I dont know but FW200 has won the stupidest comment of the month award. Ok who gives a flying crap anyhow, I care about the Tornado, very nice job and good texturing too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 14 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M|N|0N @ June 14 2002,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">right now everyone is makeing ju7st one LOD<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... At least stuff I have made have multiple LOD levels like they are supposed to smile.gif I dont think any model should be released (even as unofficial addon) if there is no LOD levels.

The plane looks nice Evis, although the textures could fit a bit better in ofp if they had a little bit of shading/noise in them.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, whoever started spreading the idea that different LOD's werent needed is really hurting the OFP community.

I remember it started with G8's F-16. Someone said they didnt notice any problems with it. I DID have slowdown with it though. If I zoomed all the way out with command view while I was flying an F-16, I would start getting some slowdown. It gets marginally worse each time you add another F-16.

Please, DONT release any more addons without proper LOD's, it is just poor addon-making.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 15 2002,02:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 14 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great. and could you also ask him to make sure it has a good armament, non of the game's giant maverics, or non guideable bombs. What about making some new weapons, like cannon pods, Brimstone anti-armor missiles, and guided bombs.

I can't wait.

Edit: Typo.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think real guided bombs are possible in OFP unfortunately.  Unless someone figures out how to make a bomb that has guidance like a missle but that just glides towards it's target.  

It would be nice if BIS fixed that problem.

I'm just hoping that he adds a submunitions dispenser like on the real thing  That should be possible by writing a script where when you press the fire control it generates a few a dozen "hand grenades" just below the aircraft.  That way if you keep pressing the trigger you can release hundreds of the "bomblets" and create a big swath of distruction.   Only hard thing would getting the AI to use it.  But it could be loaded with missles and regular bombs for the AI to use as well.  Cannon pods would be nice, although if I remember correctly it carries its own internal cannon no?  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

the lgbs to guild uve just got to laucnh it at the right time too soon it wont make it too late and it wont hav enoght time to track. From higher alt and launching it early u can get 100% hit alot of the time, in multi a guy pointed laser at my foot not only my foot got hit but the rest of me to.

LOD = Level of Detail

All models in OFP require 7 LODs, it means 7 different models, one of the lower LODs is used for shadows. Well or something like that smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ June 15 2002,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the lgbs to guild uve just got to laucnh it at the right time too soon it wont make it too late and it wont hav enoght time to track. From higher alt and launching it early u can get 100% hit alot of the time, in multi a guy pointed laser at my foot not only my foot got hit but the rest of me to.<span id='postcolor'>

That's not been my experience. When flying the A10LGB aircraft, when I had a laser target I did not notice ANY increase in accuracy over just dropping them without having a laser designator commando to put a laser on the targets for me. Likewise when playing the part of a laser designator commando soldier I saw no difference between the accuracy of a the A10LGB pilots dropping bombs with the laser on the target compared to not having the laser on the target. In both cases they were just as accurate.

All the laser does is to create a NEW target wherever the laser points at. That's why often AI pilots completely ignore the laser target and just attack what they want. Sometimes only when they run out of targets do they attack what my laser designator has a laser on.

So in a nutshell from what I've seen, the bombs do NOT behave like real laser guided bombs. Next time you do a bombing mission with a Laser designator unit to spot targets for you, try dropping a bomb flying to the right or left of the target. The bomb should turn. But does it? I have NEVER seen a bomb turn after dropping it from the A10LGB onto a target designated by a OH-58 or the LD commando.

sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It has always worked for me. Place one T62 on the map, you in a A10 flying towards it and place a black op with a laser aim dot somewhere near the T72. hit percentage: 100% (Or I was very luck the bomb just fell on the tank ofcourse smile.gif)

I think that sub-munitions dispensers may be a little ambitious, but we really do need re-modeled weapons for this plane. Am I the only person that finds the Maverics in the game out of proporition and really ugly?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 15 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just surprised it's not been brought up before.<span id='postcolor'>

Well i guess because most people havent seen any weapons in real life before so they take it as they are

There was an SU-25 addon with little bomblets, it was pretty cool. Made a change from LGB's, rockets, and Mavericks, but I can't remember where I Dl'd it from.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ June 15 2002,13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There was an SU-25 addon with little bomblets, it was pretty cool. Made a change from LGB's, rockets, and Mavericks, but I can't remember where I Dl'd it from.<span id='postcolor'>

here it is: http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/addon_depot/addon_detail.asp?id=118

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ June 15 2002,14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Am I the only person that finds the Maverics in the game out of proporition and really ugly?<span id='postcolor'>

I think they look ok...Mavericks are fairly beefy missiles in real life you know. They were designed to take out any armoured vehicle on the battle field, so they have large warheads, add to that the camera/IR seeker/laser tracker (dependent on which type of Maverick is it...in the game it is the 'EO' version), the computer and the rocket engine plus fuel to give it it's range and the result is a large weapon...from my point of view they do not look out of proportion...

But then I can't claim to be in the USAF...so if anyone wants and is able to prove me wrong then be my guest.

Jubs

Well they are out of proportion or the planes are, anyway I dont want to see them on a Tornado.

The weapon i would like to see (dont remember the name and to lazy to look it up) is this big weapon that the tornado carries under him, Its used against airfields, when fired it releases all kind of small bombs, exploding and leaving anti personal mines