Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Panavia tornado

Heres some shots of the Panavia Tornado ive modelled, its textured by colour changer and should be out soon, im not actually meant to show you these yet as there will be better screenshots coming soon, but what the hell....

Tor3.jpg

Tor1.jpg

so when u fold those wings back, does it go faster? Are the wings folding like another way to use the flaps? Oh yeah and WOW

i only made the model colourchanger oxygenised it, from what i know so far the faster you go the further the wings go back, like flaps but linked to speed... so yes the further back the wings go the faster you go

Thats the best a/c I´ve seen so far for this game!

Will there be different versions? (a german naval air wing color scheme maybe? biggrin.gif )

grrrrrrreetz

[76]Chavez

Very nice thought it was a real pic!

Evis: that looks awesome (good on yer! RAF all the way tounge.gif ) i seriously look forward to that!

question: when do you think it will be finished and released? (i can wait, not sure bout some others though lol)

to anyone that says "hurry i want it now": patience, good things come to those who wait -Guiniss Ad

not sure on the exact date but i think its pretty much done, i think in-mod testing will start soon, which im hoping for as i dont actually have the tornado myself...

I'm not english but what the hell it looks excellent so that'll be a must download for me. Ya know people have been arguing about all these downloads coming out, and everybody not wanting to download everything, maybe BIS should hold a contest for addons where people can enter, they pick lets say the best ten, tweak them to meet BIS standards and include them with an official patch, expansion cd whatever.

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ June 14 2002,02wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe BIS should hold a contest for addons where people can enter, they pick lets say the best ten, tweak them to meet BIS standards and include them with an official patch, expansion cd whatever.<span id='postcolor'>

sounds kinda kewl yes ..... but, it would be a pain in the ass, cozz right now everyone is makeing ju7st one LOD, and for BIS standard you need like 8 LOD,  going from high poly count to supa low poly count =:/

and that takes ages.... i think there is alot more to makeing vehicals to BIS standards than most ppl think =:/

there is the animating and codeing and that aswell.......

***edit***

maybe they could do a comp like that for when a bigish patch is gonna come out, but only select 1 or 2 vehicles ..... maybe every @nd patch or something ... i dunno tounge.gif

The model looks absolutely incredible! But I see one error already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the pilot in the Tornado supposed to sit in the front seat? I thought it was only with trainer aircraft (and helicopter gunships) that the pilot sits in the back seat.

At any rate, I hope that along with the Tornado perhaps a submunition dispenser can be made for it (like the one used by the fighter/bomber variant of the Tornado) that distributes hundreds of bomblets from the dispenser as the aircraft flies over a target. I think it could be done using hand grenades as the bomblets. But it would take some good script writing.

There is was a VERY old flight simulator called "Fighter Bomber" for the Commodore Amiga that had the Tornado and that featured this submunitions dispenser. It was SOOOo cool!! I would love to fly some low level "runway denial" missions using those bad boys flying fast and low through a hail of AA gunfire.

I'm looking forward to flying the unfriendly skies with your Tornado. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ive got a whole book on tornados in the gulf they had the hardest job of all attacking iraq airfields on their first mission one got shot down by aaa and they flew just meters off the ground the pilots could see people waving at them.

evis remember we had a discussiion about the tornado, Tiger, f-111 and su - 23

well i remember you saying you wouldn't make the tornado to us, and now i my joy cannot be contained that you are making one.

can't wait to see this in action someone give this boy O2 and do it fast.

Hope you give it a releastic weapon load and then its great

has any one been able to make an HUD for the planes yet?

It looks great, what Mk. is it modeled on?

P.S It could be an RAF Tornado, they recently loaned a wing to Italy as they have big gaps in their air defence.lol.

i noticed that the pilot is in the back seat in the game and im trying to contact the mod leader to fix it (its being put through oxygen by someone else on the team) should be an easy swap

im not sure which mk its modelled on but its modelled on these blueprints

tornado-line.gif

ok this is an earlier version the newer version doesnt have screenshots yet, i wasnt meant to post these as they arent of the newer version, but i got a little excited after seeing them....

il pass all the suggestions along to the guy doing the oxygen stuff smile.gif

Great. and could you also ask him to make sure it has a good armament, non of the game's giant maverics, or non guideable bombs. What about making some new weapons, like cannon pods, Brimstone anti-armor missiles, and guided bombs.

I can't wait.

Edit: Typo.

colourchanger did the textures and hes putting it through oxygen, im just the model guy smile.gif

and colourchanger ill see if i can get a different load out and texture sorted by someone with oxygen after the tornado has been released i cant really control what they put on it at the minute, so its up to them, if you give me a list of the typical types of RAF load outs ill note them down and start getting the weapon models made smile.gif