Sign in to follow this  
TestDawgG

Trouble Trying To Start In Steam

I have the steam version of Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and after trying to install it twice i keep getting an error message on startup. It says "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgIngameUI/MPTable.shadow'." Followed by "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpectactularAlpha:0". I have no idea what either of these mean and i have tried deleting and reinstalling twice already and i always get the same message. I have normal Arma 2 and that runs fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Start Steam with Administrator rights and that message does not appear anymore.

I've tried this and it doesn't work for me. Even when I run it as Administrator it still shows the errors

Check if you have the latest directx9 version.

Google directx9 and run the MS installer that updates it. Although I would imagine that you might already have the latest version but no harm checking. Have you tried running the OA.exe straight from windows and with admin rights?

None of these things have worked, the errors still show when I load it from Steam AND windows.

Idk what might be causing it then. Have u tried verifying the A2 files from Steam? And are you absolutely sure that you are running steam with Administrator rights as in you found the steam.exe and open its properties and choose Run this at admin...?

When you say properties you mean going to the library, rightclicking and press properties?

No, he means the actual steam exe.. It will be somewhere like...

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe - guessing because I have my Steam install in a custom location.

Right-click on Steam.exe and choose 'Run As Administrator' or for a permanent change;

Right click on Steam.exe.

Click on Properies.

Click on the Compatibility tab.

At the bottom make sure that 'Run this program as an administrator' is ticked.

click OK (or Apply then OK if you want to be anal about it!)

dude just go to: c:\programs files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 find arma2.exe and try to start over there, i brought Arma 2 combined via steam, but i'm not using steam for this, it is off most of the time. Just in case download latest 1.60 patch and install it + get latest beat patch, might help aswell.

I've checked it off and it still hasn't worked.

And Neuro, c:\programs files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 is not in my files.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

It seems my OA files are corrupted. How do I cleanse them?

Edited by Pratttan

In Steam, Verify game files. There is an option for it.

[/color]I've clicked on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" if that's what you're talking about but I got a response saying "1 files failed to verify and will be reacquired."