So I've been playing Mark's Lost on your island (it's a lot of fun) and came across something that I think would be beneficial. Would you be willing to make a gap in the guardrails on each side of the autobahn every so often. I ended up having to tell my men to walk about 1.5km south to go around it on the outside of the map because they lacked a way to get over. A human player can step over them but the AI just get confused.

Just to report the same request regards autobahn barriers. I was haeding through an area leading to an autobahn and jumped over to the opposite side to climb a raised bank to a village that I spotted enemy. I turned back to notice all 5 other AI were having to go much a further down until then barrier ended and then cross, unfortunately that meant they ended up being spotted and all hell rained down on them, wheres I was in cover on the bank.

If the barriers could have a decent farm gate sides width gap every other 3 or 4 it would just help.

I understand that it a case of gameplay so maybe try a different approach, but the bank was a good height to get into cover south of the village/town and the main Autobahn was the only real crossing point. Fine if your traveling via transport, but if you happen to patrol on foot it can be an issue. Also im thinking about any random patrol scripts or AI tracking you, making it easier to trap them knowing they wont use a barrier, as a "kind of" cheat with enemy AI.

I'm inclined to make one last update of Celle 2. If so, I'll definitely clear up the guardrails to have more spaces to let AI through. Thanks!

Just thinking aloud here, but is it possible to make the barriers passable for infantry while vehicles continue see it as, well a barrier? I would hate to see them disappear. Also, with the barrier separating both lanes now gone, are you planning to add a median to the Autobahn? Just separating the road with one meter of grass in between would suffice. If this were easily doable I would very much like to see it implemented.

Just thinking aloud here, but is it possible to make the barriers passable for infantry while vehicles continue see it as, well a barrier?

Just plain no. The reason that we were up in arms was exactly because soldiers were walking through terrain. A barrier should be exactly that, a barrier. Gaps are the solution.

Let's see what Mondkalb can come up with.

You might be able to make it so that the AI will crawl under them which isn't too unrealistic I don't think. That way it is still realistic because it is easy enough to crawl over those things but it also slows down the AI like it would a human player. Gaps may be the quicker and better solution though your call.

Just tested the map (sorry for being late, got not much time atm).

Great work and great idea to build that area! Passed through the area countless times using the A7, spent some sleepless nights on Truppenübungsplatz Bergen and I've even been hunting next to the Autobahn between AS Dorfmark and AS Soltau Süd (sadly not in the map because their is a small road crossing over the A7).

I'd like to see some more pine trees but apart of that your work is close to being perfect. Thumbs up!

Just plain no. The reason that we were up in arms was exactly because soldiers were walking through terrain. A barrier should be exactly that, a barrier. Gaps are the solution.

Let's see what Mondkalb can come up with.

Thing is, too many gaps detract from that whole autobahn feeling. I realize that gameplay comes first, but if we're somehow able to preserve the aesthetics (i.e. all those unique things about a highway), that would be great. I feel that my solution would be serve both function and form. Of course, we’ll just have to wait and see what Mondkalb comes up with.

I like Jakerod's idea, that way everyone is happy. However, let's leave it up to Mondkalb.

It is definitely possible to make the AI able to walk through barriers, while cars cannot.

Thing is, too many gaps detract from that whole autobahn feeling. I realize that gameplay comes first, but if we're somehow able to preserve the aesthetics (i.e. all those unique things about a highway), that would be great. I feel that my solution would be serve both function and form. Of course, we’ll just have to wait and see what Mondkalb comes up with.

As anyone thought about the fact that German Autobahns don't have these barriers over their full course? Especially in more rural areas (i.e. area around Celle) one can usually only find these Barriers close to exits / access roads from and to the autobahn, at curves or bridges. Especially these long straight sections usually don't have these barriers to the outside.

I'd rather like to see the barriers again, that seperate the lanes. These give you the real "autobahn feeling". I never experienced any AI problems with these barriers. One could think about replaceing them with bushes. In many areas these middle barriers are completey overgrown.

But as the others said, its up to Mondkalb to make his awesome map even more... awesome.

Since that there is a lot of game roaming this area there are definitely 2m high fences alongside the Autobahn. But there are usually full of holes if not new.

Edited by DiFool

It did have them: click me

But not the original german version, thats the czech vanilla

http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/GermanSign14_04.jpg

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leitpfosten

I know I not an professional in addon making but when you not using my addons will there german misc object and road sign made by you in the next updates?

Here are so many different Leitpfosten in Germany and some czech vanilla too. :D

Actually its not the Vanilla A1 version, because there the stripe and the round reflectors are swapped around. I corrected those for Celle and then placed them. :P

I cannot see anything in the dark of the night, with the FLIR Night Vision of the Abrams Scope with ACE Mod. In day, i can see FLIR night vision as it was night, but in night, i see only dark or pure light. What's the problem? Sorry for my bad english. FLIR works correctly with other islands or other mods.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Tell me if you want screenshots. Other units that use FLIR like the TWS sniper don't work well. All black or white, all black or green.

I tried other 20 islands, and there it works. In Celle 1 and 2 FLIR doesn't work. Why?

FLIR in night isn't working in vanilla game in this island. Why?

Maybe because it uses some objects from Chernarus, or maybe because you had the date set to winter.

FLIR generally doesnt work in winter in ARMA 2 OA.

Resolved. I set the date to winter.

OT: In some tanks like the M1A2 in ACE or the M1A1 in CWR2, for the gunner there is only FLIR vision. How can i fire in winter nights, without night vision??

Edited by luigim

How do I open the hangar doors at the start of the mission?

Edited by Dxze

Hello there how do i place the big hangers with the opening doors on the map in the editor?

hey guys, so the world name for this map is mbg_celle2?

Yes. You can find out the name of any map by entering the following into the debug console:

hint str worldname