Absolutely stunning map! I love driving around in the hatchback, no combat whatsoever :P Long live the civie modules. Although this map is excellent in combination with the CWR 2 mod as well. One minor thing though (which hasn't been mentioned so far), the barriers on the Authobahn seem to be a recipe for disaster. Shouldn't they be continuous like the railing? Other than that, not much to complain.

Absolutely stunning map! I love driving around in the hatchback, no combat whatsoever :P Long live the civie modules. Although this map is excellent in combination with the CWR 2 mod as well. One minor thing though (which hasn't been mentioned so far), the barriers on the Authobahn seem to be a recipe for disaster. Shouldn't they be continuous like the railing? Other than that, not much to complain.

I was thinking the same thing. However, I figured that they were probably done that way for game play purposes so that one could turn around or go through it rather than waiting for the next offramp.

My favorite part of this map, walking into a town to find a lovely, fully-enterable house that allows me to ring the doorbell before I answer. Great job!

Metalcraze: "The problem is that forests also provide concealment to everyone outside them

It offers absolute concealment, not a proper one. Right now forests are totally separated from the rest of the map. You enter them - and then you are completely blind to everything outside - and everyone outside is completely blind when looking at a forest."

But in northern Europe they do. I live there there and they are good places to get the enemy from! I like dense forest!

Edited by DomZ

I'll be fixing up a small patch ~30MB tonight, so if you find any more bugs, let me know and I'll fix them right away.

What does the change log contain so far?

I'll be fixing up a small patch ~30MB tonight, so if you find any more bugs, let me know and I'll fix them right away.

Good man! :) That's the Mondkalb I recognise.

The only suggestion I have with this map is that the grass colour doesn't match the sat map too well. Due to the contrast between the sat map and grass, there is a very distinct "horizon" of grass formed around the player, as if the player is standing on a platter o' vegetation. Many other maps fall into this trap.

Currently:

grassexample1.jpg

Here's a crappily photoshopped version of the same picture with the grass brightness reduced by 40:

grassexample2.jpg

The grass needs to either be darkened to match the sat map, or the sat map lightened to match the grass. Certainly, this is something far too big to be included in a simple 30MB patch, but just something to think about in future. Love your work, regardless.

Many other maps fall into this trap.

Lol at dat sentence.

Anyways. In earlier stages the satmap was indeed lighter and matching the grass. I'll have a look.

Lol at dat sentence.

Didn't mean anything personal, if that's what you mean. I did check through CWR2's terrains just to make sure I couldn't find any examples. :D

Download Patch #1:

(To install just overwrite old files)

Patch #1 (29MB)

Changelog #1:

• Removed concrete barriers from Autobahn to stop AI confusion
  • Removed Vegetation that was too close to Runways
  • Moved Celle back into northern hemisphere
  • Fixed fences in Bergen
  • Some forests have clearer edges

But in northern Europe they do. I live there there and they are good places to get the enemy from! I like dense forest!

If you try playing actual missions on Celle 2 you will notice that you can't get an enemy from inside the forests. You need to exit them first.

Now I don't say that forests should be as transparent as they are on Chernarus but 100% of them shouldn't be "walled in". It also feels artificial how every forest is not dense inside but has these dense borders.

I think the perfect forest examples are like those on CWR2's Everon. They are very dense, providing great concealment, yet you can see what's outside if you come to an edge, without exiting the forest.

But as I see the patch supposedly has this fixed so I will try it again.

thanks for the update, I was wondering why the sun refused to move. +1 to what CMD pointed out also.

What do you mean by "Moved Celle back into northern hemisphere" ?

;2136850']What do you mean by "Moved Celle back into northern hemisphere" ?

In the config for each terrain there is a long and lat coordinate system that determines things like the sun, stars, tide, etc. He had the coordinates messed up. Essentially it caused the map to be located in the southern hemisphere which meant the sun was in the wrong location as well as other things.

Wow ! I didn't know as mapping in ArmA 2 was so advanced. :omg:

Thanks.

Celle 2, introducing Treppenwiesel & FlurOcelot. Guard duty never was so much phun :o

scaled.php?server=32&filename=arma2oa2012041721350713.jpg&res=crop scaled.php?server=189&filename=arma2oa2012041721323176.jpg&res=crop

pics courtesy of Cultivator

Lol, who was driving this vehicle? Culti?! :D

-Psycho-;2137012']Lol' date=' who was driving this vehicle? Culti?! :D[/quote']

Wiesel was me, but Culti invented the whole thing when he, off course first thing one needs doing after joining a new mission on a new map, was driving a motorcycle upstairs (while i was walking up!). :rolleyes: :D

Really got out of hands when a Fuchs suddenly blocked the left stairway ..

Please keep all this chit-chat in the HX3 where it belongs. Thanks.

This thread is for actual feedback.

Wow, thanks Mondkalb! I loved the original Celle and this remake just turned it into pure awesomeness.