Might've mixed up a minus with a plus in the config, so hemispheres are a bit messy. Just skip ahead 6 months to get long summer nights. Not going to update a 250MB pack for this minor thing.

That's not like you, Mondkalb. :w: I am disappoint.

in 662193 is a fence in the last house right of the street

PS great work

Edited by SaltatorMortis

Woh, i liked how roadsigns felt apart when destroyed, just amazing. But if one destroys a bridge, its parts just float in air, and some edges have no textures. And why have you reduced size of Celle town? Anyway, very good job. 9.5 out of 10.

Mondkalb I have propose to make a Celle(2) in winter variant, its be great!

What you say about this ;)?

Today my friend and I held a car race on the broad high way. Kind of NFS feeling. Brilliant map, thanks a lot, MBG!

Yes mate thanks a lot. Was already a big fan of the first celle map. Thanks for all the effort and your hard work. You are one of the reasons why Arma is never getting old.

with much respect

this is what i said also earlier its too dark in this map 12pm noon feels like 6pm afternoon and there is no bright sun or whatever in the map other than that the map is amazing and hope it will be fixed coz it ruins up everything coz its alwayz dark

I love the map, thank you for your work.

Edited by Fox '09

Downloaded this the other day, put Dynamic Zombie Sandbox on it.

It was great, I like the new Celle.

Thanks Mondkalb.

I'll probably spend the rest of the day hurtling t90s and M1s at each other and watching the results. :)

Amazing, reminded me of the book 'The Ten Thousand' by Harold Coyle..

Thanks for this map, Now I am off to download some German kit :)

I've been playing bogus missions with this map a couple of times now and what I really like is the thick, very thick layer of spruce at the border of the forest with a more sparsely grown pine forest inside. Realistic and freaking amazing to play in!

Might've mixed up a minus with a plus in the config, so hemispheres are a bit messy. Just skip ahead 6 months to get long summer nights. Not going to update a 250MB pack for this minor thing.

Hi Mondkalb

I had a look at the config and indeed you've got latitude=52.560909;

I changed it to latitude=-52.560909; and Celle is back in the northern hemisphere with the sun in the south.

A beautiful, detailed and massive map, many thanks for it!

There is one major issue with Celle2 design

Why every forest has a wall of trees at its edges through which you can't see? This makes it impossible to see anything beyond the forest and inside the forest if you are outside of wall.

There is one major issue with Celle2 design

Why every forest has a wall of trees at its edges through which you can't see? This makes it impossible to see anything beyond the forest and inside the forest if you are outside of wall.

I noticed this also. Maybe lighten up the trees on the forest borders. The thing that struck me the most was that inside the forests needs more bushes! Its just open with little concealment actually inside the forest.

Nice job as always anyway Mondkalb. Im making a SP CWR2 mission on it for release soon.

While I agree that the forest edge sometimes is too thick, I like it that way as it offers proper concealment inside the forest from outside units. Mainly a gameplay decision.

Regarding the lack of bushes inside the forest, I completely disagree. Not sure how forest look like in the UK, I haven't been there so I can't judge it, but our Jerry-forests, especially the maintained ones, are full of trees without any big shrub at all.

Just google some pictures of "German Forest". Most of the pictures are pretty accurate:

Like this.

While I agree that the forest edge sometimes is too thick, I like it that way as it offers proper concealment inside the forest from outside units.

Mondkalb I like this becuase its (to me) Schmalfelden map for Arma1 Part2 for Arma2 :) .. and the author of that map had the same debate and stance as regards edge of forests.

In fact I believe he lowered foliage into the floor and released a light and heavier version (for fps reasons) so you have max LOD concealment at the edges, but enough viewing via crouch position.

Here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3303 | http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3304

SchmalfeldenHV (Heavy Vegetation) - Undergrowth at forest edges provides excellent concealment. Expect lower FPS.

As regards forest comments, make sense that it fits the correct landscape, but as regards gameplay, there is that hole to be fixed regarding AI owning you in forests (a long term bug) talked about in beta thread, I wonder if for gameplay and those reasons some of it might have some "gameplay based" cover?

No problems if not, just throwing the point out.

Edited by mrcash2009

the map is so perfect the only fault people can try say is the forests ;)

The forests are pretty damn realistic for german terrain! So STFU :p

Well its good to get feedback considering this maps contains ... a "few" forest areas. Im not considering issues, it just brought about the Arma1 map and was funny to see the comments similar with forests.

While I agree that the forest edge sometimes is too thick, I like it that way as it offers proper concealment inside the forest from outside units. Mainly a gameplay decision.

The problem is that forests also provide concealment to everyone outside them

It offers absolute concealment, not a proper one. Right now forests are totally separated from the rest of the map. You enter them - and then you are completely blind to everything outside - and everyone outside is completely blind when looking at a forest.

So to see what's in the forest one has to enter it - and he will immediately see everything clear enough - forest stops providing that "proper" concealment the moment an enemy enters it.

But at the same time units in the forest can't see anything outside. But the moment they step out - they see everything. Still one can't do any ambushes while in the forest because one is blind there.

Forests do not work that way.

Try making a convoy ambush mission and see players trying to blindly find a good spot - which in this case can only be outside of the forest. But what's the point of an ambush if one has to sit right near the road completely exposed since there's no other choice?

Edited by metalcraze

There are many places on Celle2 where you can ambush a convoy - you might try another place or just adapt and overcome your problem. Yes, such tidy forests do exist aswell as the natural treeline on forest borders/edge. Forests are primarily not made to conceal someone or to work as perfect ambush side/place....

Regarding the lack of bushes inside the forest, I completely disagree. Not sure how forest look like in the UK, I haven't been there so I can't judge it, but our Jerry-forests, especially the maintained ones, are full of trees without any big shrub at all.

Just google some pictures of "German Forest". Most of the pictures are pretty accurate:

Like this.

I wouldn't worry about it too much -I live in the South East of England and there are some areas around here that look exactly the same to this.