Sign in to follow this  
fruity_rudy

Riot in fallujah - War in Takistan Edit

Hey there, just wanted to share my War in Takistan port with the community. Based on Code34's excellent mission. I simply changed some things, made it fully ace, added custom enemies and ported it to fallujah. All the credit belongs to code, great job and thx again for this. I recommend Robalo's ASR AI addon, makes it much better.

What you need :

Desert mercenaries and Black Ops : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471

Fallujah: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315

Six updater or Yoma:

ACE & ACEX

ACRE

Just take a look at the video, then you'll see what it's all about:

bLQ5S8LEJc4&feature=youtu.be

If you find any bugs just tell me ..

If you got questions or wanna play with us, join our TS : voip.thegamewardens.net PW: fwiends

Mission link : http://www.mediafire.com/?xci18ve4mxwn6rv

I will test a bit tonight, if anybody wants to join, filter for TGW in mp-lobby , but plz hop on TS for communication

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

If you know a bit about editing, you can simply remove ace features and requirements. I won't do that cause i only do ace, sorry. Or maybe when i got some time i can modify to non-ace

Very good job,

Some time ago I wanted to play a mission as "War in Takistan" in fallujah I have tested and is fantastic thanks

I see only one fault, the dialogue does not work to recruit IA units,

and this is common to all the "War in Takistan" I've played, the striker cam of AH-64 Apache does not match the ACE.

Greetings.

I never used the mission's AI Recruiting. I only used the one i put in, as shown in the Video. And for the striker, i don't use it and i don't know how to change ACE CAms ? On vehicles. You mean a camera in the Striker?

What I mean is that the AH-64 Apache that can get in the game are not ACE, I think this could be solved by changing the AH-64 by the ACE version of AH64 ...

I meant the camera gunner marksmanship.

I can ask him to provide a version in which the recruitment of IA were functional and the AH-64 were fully ACE??

Thanks a lot

Edited by M4RT14L

Ah so you mean the mission, where you have to get an AH64 back or what? Yeah that could be possible, i think it's the vanilla class name. I have to change it to ace classname, thx for the info.

the AI recruitment is functional. Even the default AI from Code, like War in TAkistan. Mine is different, you can only recruit if you picked a teamleader-slot. Go to the plastic chair at the hesco wall next to the choppers. I think the main intention of Code was to play this with human players only. All i can say is, i am able to recruit AI

Thank you very much for your help,

and again very good job I've been playing it with my friends and it works perfectly ..

regards

Sounds good. Try to play with the parameter "enemy force on mission" .. i think if you play with around 5 friends you should put it to "normal" , not higher, cause the you'll have a lot of trouble . I will update some things and i also ported it to Isla Duala. Maybe it's ready next week. I'll post it in here..If you find any bugs or so, let me know

I will be happy to test the different editions to be doing,

I will not abuse your help, but I think one thing that has always failed to WIT, which would seem to implement the use of UAV's? in my opinion would give a very good operating element to the players, perhaps with backpacks could be allowed to bind to the UAV ...

I hope not to abuse their friendly help ... and thank you very much.

I don't have any clue about putting uav's in. You can use HuntIR with monitor though :) that's why it's in ACE

I have two questions:

1) The border around the "action menu", how did you make that?

2) The info thing in the upper right corner when, for example, doing a sabotage, how did you make that?

I checked the code but there's a million scripts, so I could not find that specific code.

1) Which border do you mean

2) Its code's warcontext in the original mission. I think it's just a loop, but the whole script is a pretty complex thing, so i can't tell exactly right now. I did not create the code, i only edited and modified it. you may should ask the creator himself in this thread : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111504-CO40-War-in-Takistan-Operation-Iron-rains-%28WIT%29

Do you need it for a mission? It's just a hintbox that appears, if the player is doing a specific action. I think you can also write it by yourself for your own mission case.. i think the box that appears while sabotaging is not coded, its a BIS one that's just being called

In "Riot in fallujah" when starting a new task, you see the sign "Takistanies are localized" and would like to change it to "Insurgents are localized" is possible? and if so where I can find this parameter to change?

Regards and Thanks fruity_rudy

ah crap, it's the old stringtable..open up the folder of the mission, and look into the stringtable, in the bottom half you'll find it, just rename it. Normally i change all these things when porting to another island, but seems like i forgot this time. thx for telling me. I'll give you a new version, when code releases the new script with fixes and performance enhancements

Thank you very much fruity,

I will be happy to test your new version, if you look right, I will send by private message I made version of "Riot in Fallujah," the only thing to note is that in the end I managed to add a UAV and is fully operational.

Greetings and thanks again.