Wiki

Wiki's Creations

Thanks Wiki, i was waiting for this NAM campaign. Downloading. :)

I might have found a bug, in the one mission "The Village" when you have to search the area for the villagers (after the napalm drop) your squad just stays still and holds and there are no villagers in sight. Not sure what to do next.

EDIT: nevermind just had to search on my own and found the dead bodies.

Edited by crazyquick

You need to search the village and around it.

When you find them, your squad will move.

BTW, it's strange cause the napalm run should happen after you find the villagers.

Actually on the same mission i notice that once the chinnoks arrive, the squad just holds and the mission never ends hmm...

Edited by crazyquick

Ok, I'll Check That out.

Maybe a problem on the end trigger.

Hi, firstly thanks for excellent missions, they are among the best.

However, I have problem with recent Nam Memories campaign. The archive has only one File (.pbo) and when I copy it with its folder into Campaigns, I get "missing .Campaign" error, and I can't run first mission of the campaign.

rgrds, DarkTatka.

Missing CBA

Missing CBA

CBA is loaded ingame (it is dependency of Unsung).

It kinda solved itself. I haven't run any mission in Unsung before trying Nam Memories (I installed it specifically for this campaign). Campaign didn't work.

Then I run some other missions (namely Weeping Widow (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16536) and CSAR (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15459), both broken in their own specific way (CSAR: Unit fails to disembark from helicopter after reaching LZ)) and now I can load Nam Memories campaign. Go figure.

So I've been enjoying Nam Memories for few hours. I particularly liked the very first intro mission, the view from helipad to the main camp was stunning. Patrol was nice. I wondered why the chopper was just staying in place, making noise forever. I expect aircrews would like to spend as little time on ground as possible.

In The Village, I had to find the last enemy in the whole village on my own, as everyone thought the village was safe. He was hidden in a hut on the farmost edge of village, in a corner. Maybe different kind of trigger needed? I knew to look for him because nothing was happening. In The Village, I had real trouble finding civilians, but thats ok. It might be good idea to maybe send someone to look at them if player doesn't find them in say 5 minutes? Different dialog, have player come over there to complete the task, so that player doesnt miss out.

Im currently stuck at The Village, Chinnooks fail to arrive. I suspect there is one scared charlie somewhere in the tall grass, and I found few just hiding there, but I can't find them all. The squad is standing in formation in the village for 20 mins now, no enemy spotted, nothing is happening. As before, maybe different kind of trigger? If Bluefor believes village to be under control, maybe advance the mission status even though not every last charlie is dead?

I really enjoyed the campaign so far.

Edited by darktatka
clearing up thoughts

I'll work on a fix.

Anyone who gets stuck in mission "The Village", please use the "endmission" cheat code to pass it.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I've checked out, I forgot to put an end trigger in mission 4.

so you DO need to use the endmission cheat code to finish it.

In mission 5, when missile is destroyed, I get "missing chat3.sqf" error.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Loved mission 6. Everything I want from ferry mission. I had no problem finding the second LZ, but it would be nice if it was marked (for example by colored smoke, triggered by player approaching general LZ area). Maybe even add some chat lines that smoke is on?

Mission 7 is nice as well. Briefing could have been more specific, I was not sure if I was to ambush a convoy or defend convoy from ambush. If I was to be picky, some chat lines between convoy and Cobra would add to immersion, for example "they are in the treeline, hit them".

Destroying enemy convoy was fine. But now i'm stuck defending LZ. Perfect terrain for it, well picked. But the extraction chopper got stuck about 800 meters from the LZ and it's hovering in the air, waiting for something, I tried twice. On third try I got shotdown, nailed a perfect emergency landing and am defending the LZ with revolver. I can see the chopper from LZ, it doesn't do anything, and charlies are hanging back behind ridgeline, afraid to approach.

sh!t.

yeah, I wrote "chat3" instead of "chat2"...

I'll add smoke on LZ on mission 6.

in mission 7, it shouldn't happen like that...

do you use any other mod (especially AI mods)?

Spot on wiki! I had asr_ai enabled. Without it, charlies became much more aggressive and chopper landed and extracted the LRRP without a hitch.

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

And when I say "more aggressive" I mean suicidal. They just don't know the meaning of fear.

AI mods often break my missions, that's why it's better not to play with them.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I'm working on the first update.

I have seen the red sentence at the beginning of the thread so : thanks Wiki I've played all your campaigns and they are of professional quality for me. I had a lot of fun. I'm eager to play Nam memories when I will have a bit of time ;-).

Thanks buddy, glad you liked them.

People enjoying them is the best reward for me or any mission maker.

About Nam Memories, just wait for the 1.0, a few things Will be fixed.

BTW, I must update opération licorne with OFrP 3.2

So I finished the Nam Memories. It is really, really good.

Highpoints - Arrival mission, Patrol, mission 5(destroying AA), mission 6(ferry mission), not being a leader in any infantry mission.

Neutral: Mission 7(cobra), The Village

Lowpoints: Last mission

The Village and Mission 7 (cobra) are good, just not polished. As I said, I didn't know what the objective exactly was (am I ambushing a convoy? am I defending it?). Covering the helicopter felt weird, I was already at its destination, was I supposed to fly to the helicopter and protect it on the way (it started so close that it felt pointless), or to defend the landing zone? When I knew what to do, all mission stages were really interesting and fun. I liked that the objective progression felt natural, like something that really could have happened.

The Village was nice epic scale battle. I didn't like having to clear the village house to house on my own as all squads stood by in formation, because no enemy was detected. I didn't like searching for civilians. There are about 30 soldiers there and Im the only one looking for them. Seems "gamey". The fight itself was really good.

I didn't have fun with last mission. Jets are not my favourites, its really difficult to fly them with a mouse; I didn't know how to use Nimitz for takeoff; I was constantly shot down by migs as my gunner ignored them. It left bitter aftertaste after 30 or so tries. In my opinion it was not the best mission to end campaign with. Hard, yes - fun, no. It would imho have been better if jet and cobra mission were switched.

sorry you didn't like the last mission.

maybe it's because you're not used to piloting planes?

concerning mission 7, you're supposed to cover the LZ and make it safe until the evac chopper arrives.

I may should write it in the briefing or put a hint.

Yes, I don't like piloting planes in Arma (although I can handle DCS, Sturmovik or Cliffs of Dover with no problem and enjoy it), I'm no good at piloting planes and I'm not used to it. The plane simulation is imho the weakest of all parts in arma. Thank god for "endmission". Someone more used to flying jets will surely enjoy it more. I'm sure mileage may vary :)

Regarding Mission 7, I'd like to suggest making the marker on LZ, not on helicopter. Then it should be pretty clear.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm leaving ArmA 2 editing.

So, I won't make any mission nor campaign anymore.

I'm sorry to inform you that I won't update any of my creation either.

The last thing uptaded is Nam Memories to version 1.0 (link below).

I also won't move to ArmA 3 editing

However, it was nice to share this experience with you, and I hope the community will see many skilled missions and campigns makers.

Cheers to you all!

Wiki

Nam Memories 1.0: http://u3it9g.1fichier.com/

Sad news, but you talk like this few months ago and you back to editing. So maybe you will back 2nd time ;)

not this time pal, a few month ago was just a break - I had many other ideas about some missions and campaigns.

this time I must focus on something else, and really no more motivation on working on it.

that's why I really quit for good.