Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Medal of Honor - Warfighter

Enjoyed the campaign in moh 2010, hopefully this can be more of the same, not fussed with MP BF3 does that for me, but hopefully another campaign i can enjoy :)

Stopped reading PC Gamer interview after we have two dozen spec ops technical advisors. Sure they do. Like they had with previous MoH and yet it was garbage. MP was shit and completely broken. I wonder if people who made MP even played it once. SP movement and weapon animations werent that bad but graphics were from 2005 or so. They said they dedicated that game to vets of recent middle-east wars or something like that. What they come up with was rather insulting.

BF3: Close Quarters will be CoD already though, why they need another wonna be CoD fail.

why they need another wonna be CoD fail.

Well, ArmA should become a "fail" then too if that is what it takes to be successful.

Grand Theft Auto: Car stealer

Halo: Pew pew lasers evolved.

Left 4 dead: zombie shooter

Get where im going with this?

Im a creative dood someone should hire me already! :(

Looks to me like Act of Valor the video game (But with a better, more realistic story and better "acting" obviously :)) I hope they make the friendly AI a tad bit more effective as well so you feel more like a TEAM of operators instead of one operator and 4 other mildly-competent guys.

PC Gamer Article

It does indeed look authentic but I honestly don't think it will bring much more than that...

To me it looks like a war movie, like all of these games do. Saving Private Ryan high contrast filters and the whole deal. Driving around in a boat, shit blowing up right in front of you, bullet impacts everywhere, moonlight penetrating your boat like a laser... The guys' brachioradialis and extensor muscles look suspect, too. Look at their forearms ^_^

Edited by Max Power

The previous entry to the series was nice for what it was, but a bit expensive even at the $3 I paid (around 5 hours of less of SP). That last one tried to make the story and theme seem authentic, and for an action game/movie it did well. The gameplay had less "taking control of your player" moments than BF3 and the CoD games but was still very linear, and it got a little stale at parts. If they can somehow make the gameplay more diverse and keep the story similar (please, no more conspiracy/nuke/whatever plots) then it might be a decent bargain bin title.

I picked up the last one cheap not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised by the multiplayer (I don't do singleplayer games). Accepting that it was just a plain old shooter, on a hardcore server with the HUD off (client-side setting) it proved to be a pretty visceral and entertaining one. Visuals were drop dead gorgeous (every bit as good as BF3, even on the previous iteration of Frostbite) and though for the most part the maps were tiny the spawn system was extremely good and allowed one team to drive the other all over the map. I expect I'll be getting this one at or shortly after release.

I will not be wasting another 60$ any time soon. I expect this game will be another 2 week wonder, and then everyone will go back to what ever it is they love most.

Sooo, has anyone bought this? Is it any good?

I know reviewers are slating it!

But from the videos i've watched, it doesn't look that bad?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/07/the-frustrating-reality-of-medal-of-honor-warfighter/

Lets be honest though Call of Duty has a simple spastic-poopants action formula that sells to children and the general public. EA don't understand, making these games complex is their ruination and making them pseudo-realistic on top will kill you dead.

MOH Warfighter's main selling point is that it lets you get into the Battlefield 4 beta.

LMAO

Was the same thing with MOH2010 and BF3.

I´ve seen video. Thanks but no thanks: another dead boring, script-heavy railshooter? I don´t know why this gets such a bad score and COD doesn´t. Both are equally rubbish: they are not games, they are semi-interactive movies.

I play games because I want to play a game. Not because I want to hold down W and leftclick to win, or stupid quicktime events, or laze X building to prevent scripted autokill by sniper.

Arma 1 is miles better at its worst than any of these so colled "A list" games. They cater to the lowest common denominator as far as SP goes, and their hard core is a gimmicky multiplayer experience, far from the refined, truly sportive MP of a counterstrike or Team Fortress (prior to hats) or early Quake.

Hopefully EA will stop producing this shit now and leave the soldier stuff to companies who can deliver, like Bohemia. Unfortunately Blops 2 will be another hit, and the mesmerized, graphics-lusting, gameplay-ignorant masses will meander into the stores by the thousands to consume another title with an overbearing, meaningless, pseudo-intellectual story and (yet again) gimmicky multiplayer. Oh, and it has a Zombie mode, that´s a seller, right? I have no hope for the big time companies to produce any innovative titles anymore.

About the only things that are truly great about these games are the art assets. And even those often are, in fact, not, under closer scrutiny.

And yes, I am going into full gaming hipster hate mainstream mode, here. I am just tired of titles that pretend to be "games", but in fact are nothing more than glorified railshooters, and whose entire MP challenge is unlocks, 1-shot-victory-gimmicks, flinch shots and achievements instead of great map design, weapons balance, tactical challenge, teamwork and generally great game design.

Okay, I´ll stop whining.

I really wish they would stop churning out these boring, meaningless trash titles as A-list games and start doing interesting things again. Or things that are at least fun.

I´ve seen video. Thanks but no thanks: another dead boring, script-heavy railshooter? I don´t know why this gets such a bad score and COD doesn´t. Both are equally rubbish: they are not games, they are semi-interactive movies.

I play games because I want to play a game. Not because I want to hold down W and leftclick to win, or stupid quicktime events, or laze X building to prevent scripted autokill by sniper.

Arma 1 is miles better at its worst than any of these so colled "A list" games. They cater to the lowest common denominator as far as SP goes, and their hard core is a gimmicky multiplayer experience, far from the refined, truly sportive MP of a counterstrike or Team Fortress (prior to hats) or early Quake.

Hopefully EA will stop producing this shit now and leave the soldier stuff to companies who can deliver, like Bohemia. Unfortunately Blops 2 will be another hit, and the mesmerized, graphics-lusting, gameplay-ignorant masses will meander into the stores by the thousands to consume another title with an overbearing, meaningless, pseudo-intellectual story and (yet again) gimmicky multiplayer. Oh, and it has a Zombie mode, that´s a seller, right? I have no hope for the big time companies to produce any innovative titles anymore.

About the only things that are truly great about these games are the art assets. And even those often are, in fact, not, under closer scrutiny.

And yes, I am going into full gaming hipster hate mainstream mode, here. I am just tired of titles that pretend to be "games", but in fact are nothing more than glorified railshooters, and whose entire MP challenge is unlocks, 1-shot-victory-gimmicks, flinch shots and achievements instead of great map design, weapons balance, tactical challenge, teamwork and generally great game design.

Okay, I´ll stop whining.

I really wish they would stop churning out these boring, meaningless trash titles as A-list games and start doing interesting things again. Or things that are at least fun.

Even a money-driven photocopier company like EA will surely begin to realize that modern warfare is getting stale. It's time to move to something fresh, like the future. Or even better, WWII.

I´ve seen video. Thanks but no thanks: another dead boring, script-heavy railshooter? I don´t know why this gets such a bad score and COD doesn´t. Both are equally rubbish: they are not ga.....ese boring, meaningless trash titles as A-list games and start doing interesting things again. Or things that are at least fun.

Bravo, you have practically summed up what I have felt for a long time. These A list games just doesn't give the sense of adrenaline as ArmA does, take for example when the roof underneath you in MoH collapses, you know it was meant to happen. At least be grateful that BI is churning out 'dream' games whilst EA/Activision is diverting the mainstream ignorant masses away from ArmA with their releases... Imagine how chaotic ArmA would be with all those 11/12 year olds.

Okay, I´ll stop whining.

^this