Sign in to follow this  
twisted

The details

I'm hoping it's a detail that a modder might consider, if possible.

Neither do I.

CfgExpressions and appropriate points on faces were used to make facial expressions for Anger, Fear, Happy etc. You could even use custom made expressions on your addon or add new ones to the rotation.

AFAIK VBS1&2 had those removed, but Arma had them.

another detail worth looking at is the focal length. i have been playing arma2 with smaa activated plus high post processing and am amazed at how awesome it looks. only thing is that i cant easily see enemies due to a depth of field effect.

another detail worth looking at is the focal length. i have been playing arma2 with smaa activated plus high post processing and am amazed at how awesome it looks. only thing is that i cant easily see enemies due to a depth of field effect.

May I ask for some pics of that?

@smurf. I tried to get screen shot but snipit in windows 7 wont take one.

Another detail that i noticed kast night after a long session is the zoom to sights. On some weapons it is very jarring and moves iff target. This is especially true for scopes like pso. I would very much like to see the scope aim at a very close approximation of where the weapon is pointing before scoping in. And have this happen smoother so its all part of fluid and intuitive movement.

More details on a 900 km² map = slide show

Depends. It's not the overall amount of clutter, just how much you can see at any given moment. View distance plays a big part in this, so does the occlusion of models from view block geometries.

Edit:

Save for instance, you could have a 100x100 map and a million objects (1 object/meter), but if you only see 100 at any given time because there are things blocking your view like hills, buildings, trees, etc, it won't effect your machine hardly at all.

Edited by b00ce

Imo details do not equal more objects, rather small touches that make the game better andmore involving .

viewdistance?

Occlusion culling?

occlusion culling doesnt work all that well in a2 afaik. i would actually love to see an improvement here as it would reduce the amount of draw calls

Precise occlusion culling isn't just pure optimization. Don't know the implementation, so my point might not be valid here, AFAIK it's good behavior to group few objects in one buffer (let's say the same trees). Then even if at least one tree from that group is visible then all are drawn. Sometimes it's just cheaper to draw whole group than compute precise visibility for each object (instead of group) especially if few objects' data (for example coordinates) takes less than minimal size of buffer (don't know the exact name - I mean the size of bunch of data which is sent to GPU in one-shot).

(don't know the exact name - I mean the size of bunch of data which is sent to GPU in one-shot).

data set (or dataset).

Have read the arma 3 feature list and it looks awesome, seriously so.

I hope small touches that can make a big difference are also made. For example, bullet entrance and exit holes on the vehicles and destructible buildings. Debris too.

The way hands shift when holding weapon

Glass that breaks. So it feels like your having more of an impact in the game world.

Not always holding weapon up - especially machine guns

Irregular vegetation at base of trees.

Fences and walls that are not too straight and obvipusly repeated - donte look so copy/pasted

Its crafting kittle toiches that I hppe can make tge game feel a bit more immersive

Please proof read your posts before sending ... too many typos makes reading awkward / annoying

solrac42

Your post contributes nothing. Next time post when you have something valuable to add to the discussion at hand.

+1 warning for spamming.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

While playing around(I only use vanilla so I dont know about any mods) I found out when tanks are firing there are no recoil shown on the tank(it doesnt do anything while firing). It might be something that adds woth physX but I think it would look much better if recoils were shown on tanks when shooting.

While playing around(I only use vanilla so I dont know about any mods) I found out when tanks are firing there are no recoil shown on the tank(it doesnt do anything while firing). It might be something that adds woth physX but I think it would look much better if recoils were shown on tanks when shooting.

That is just an animation issue. Some (all?) tanks in ARMA had recoil and dust kicking up when firing. Some patch or OA broke it.

Some nice details off the top of my miniscule head.

*Dirty windows for buildings and vehicles (i guess just a simple texture would be fine)

*Improved glass breaking mechanic, each window is independently destroyable and has a nice particle effect when its shot out. Unlike A2 where all the windows get damaged if you shoot one.

*Numerous idle animations, these really do add to the immersion its awkward seeing a soldier stand as stiff as a stone only briefly moving from time to time.

*Light shafts from the sun if possible on rendering side would be great addition

*Rain sounds when hitting roofs off buildings and vehicles

*Fatigue settings for AI configurable in editor. It would be really neat if I could make a guard asleep on the job at his desk while I infiltrate his base to plant some C4 on his new scud missile setup. :)

*And of course you can't forget some funny easter eggs scattered around Limnos. I would like a billboard of a dragon that mentions codemasters or something in a Nice.... way.

Sounds like this thread is starting to turn into a wishlist / ideas thread.

*Dirty windows for buildings and vehicles (i guess just a simple texture would be fine)

The ones in the Russian A2 Kamaz (truck) were fine enough. Would be nicer if they were dynamic (start clean, get dirtier as you drive off-road) and is affected by water\rain, like

*Numerous idle animations, these really do add to the immersion its awkward seeing a soldier stand as stiff as a stone only briefly moving from time to time.

And more: make it contextual! Soldiers sitting by a fireplace, resting on a wall\vehicle, lighting a cigarette, talking to each other, sitting in objects and so on... (STALKER comes to mind)

*Light shafts from the sun if possible on rendering side would be great addition

Yeah, when there is fog (early morning in the colder seasons), smoke, rain or dust (after an arty barrage?).

Nothing that wasn´t been done before....One can dream right? :j: (And don´t come with "There are more important things to do\fix", "Candy eye is for brainless-console-mainstream-gamers.." and so.)

EDIT: Sorry Max, was editing the post while you posted...

Didn't ArmA 1 have a poor-man's sunshaft effect during foggy climates?

Some nice details off the top of my miniscule head.

Plenty of dirty windows in OA so I assume we will see more in Arma3.

WXh7rnctdWA&context=C4d0a05bADvjVQa1PpcFODIfYh5xtQeFxWHv06wfetCZMEraHlk44=

_jWCYYXbFAc&feature=context&context=C46139c6ADvjVQa1PpcFODIfYh5xtQeNWMxX7Jna6wRmFovYP-R3g=

zDk1tSkycBI&context=C42754a6ADvjVQa1PpcFODIfYh5xtQeAla81gmM_Dy7F-KQuB3hQ0=

F6WnG7krPb8&context=C4abb609ADvjVQa1PpcFODIfYh5xtQeChBytleqmj_C9jCWDJI9lg=

MSUDrLDIRBA&context=C46139c6ADvjVQa1PpcFODIfYh5xtQeNWMxX7Jna6wRmFovYP-R3g=

+1 To the dirty windows, but would also be nice to see how the crystals are broken in a more real.

Ex.

PhysX Glass demolition in RayFire Tool

Physx simulation in 3DS Max 2012

Mirror's Edge with PhysX

hallway%20-%20physx.jpg

I guess it takes a lot of work to do this, but I think it would be nice to use "Physx" with these little details.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes: hehe :P

Edited by rolo87