Sign in to follow this  
twisted

The details

Realistic Windows would be a good thing. You could throw a grenade through it, or just shoot it into pieces and make a new entry if the window is big enough. And think of a house with an explosion inside. If the shockwave would blast out all the windows, that would look cool.

Realistic Windows would be a good thing. You could throw a grenade through it, or just shoot it into pieces and make a new entry if the window is big enough. And think of a house with an explosion inside. If the shockwave would blast out all the windows, that would look cool.

IF you could get a granade in there. Right now the only thing that I can accurately hit with a granade in ARMA is the ground.

Something like this would be awesome.

DO NOT QUOTE VIDEOS

That is too much for bis. we are expecting too much from a company that can not give much.

Another minimum aspect that bothers me are the AT soldiers. They carry their heavy weapons without realistic animations or as if they had nothing on their backs and the weapons are hung in the air wen they are in the back

ALso assault buildings is imposible. The IA cant handle it, They Nor remain garrisoned inside of biuldings. the trenches, coverage, or using armor as coverage to advance

Edited by Max Power
quoting videos

That is too much for bis. we are expecting too much from a company that can not give much.

Another minimum aspect that bothers me are the AT soldiers. They carry their heavy weapons without realistic animations or as if they had nothing on their backs and the weapons are hung in the air wen they are in the back

ALso assault buildings is imposible. The IA cant handle it, They Nor remain garrisoned inside of biuldings. the trenches, coverage, or using armor as coverage to advance

Wrong! They are already giving much.

Please Choki don't quote embedded videos :)

Edited by ProfTournesol

Choki

Please do not quote videos. Also, I believe I warned you about your signature image.

+1 warning for quoting videos.

+1 infraction for sig rule violation.

§14) Remove tags when quoting a post containing an image or embedded video

If you quote a post that contains an image please remove the image tag or the whole image, it helps keep the thread tidy and easier to read if the same image isn't being posted repeatedly, you need only delete one [ to stop the image from hotlinking. If the post contains an embedded video such as YouTube you should remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote.

§16) Keep avatars and signatures within forum regulations

Total maximum signature size is 600x150 px (text and/or images combined). Total maximum image size is 100KB.

Avatar filesize must not exceed 100KB.

Signature and avatar must be quiet, no sounds may be played back in them by any means.

No flame-baiting or similar material and/or text that others may find offensive is allowed to be displayed.

Physx slipped my small mind, that could work great for fracturing glass.

OA does have quite a few window textures but it would be nice if there was some dynamic mechanic to windows. Like if you're driving a HUMVEE through a dust cloud your windshield could have a dusty texture applied to it.

Wow allot of rules and ruler smacking in BIS forums these days :o

Anyway I think BIS should look at just seeking a module plugin from a physics company in order to add in these complicated interactions which would clearly take up too much of their time to program-in at this later stage in the project. Many companies are offering solutions to these problems in module form which might be integrated into the ARMA3 engine, that is assuming BIS has allowed for such. Sure it costs money but it solves allot of problems at the same time.

If I was to build a game I would be looking for bits of modules and code that other companies were selling in order to off-load the work, if the price was right (most indie module devs offer great pricing). Nothing shameful in using other peoples code if lawfully, just gotta make sure its worth it.

PRiME, rainbird

don't quote videos, that's the best rule ever. :t:

It's almost as good as my personal favourite, rule §18.

Speaking about little details, here is an interesting find:

Take a look at this picture from the updated A3 homepage.

web_limnos_artwork_2.jpg

Next to this breathtaking sight in the background, there are some dots on the tree at the left corner.

Anyone who has been in greece or similar might have heard this very characteristic sound in almost every second tree: Cicadas. While we have already heard their sound during the gamescom videos, it now seems they even added those "little" animals in person

:)

@PurePassion

Doubt it they are cicadas, first the whitish dots are too big from this perspective for them to be cicadas.

Second cicadas in Greece blend too well with pine trees, they become invisible after some meters.

Looks more with cut branches or a sick tree.

We will know better when they post the full screen images, which leaves me with a question for BIS.

Why tease us with so small resolution pictures, please post them in their full resolution glory.

hmm good points there Tony

they actually blend in very good but the tree's colour we see here is different to the one of cicadas, so in this case they would be visible. One dot seems indeed to be overly big tough.

but which disease would produce such distinctive round dots?

Maybe it is a tinder fungus?

and +1 for a high res version of some of those thumpnails! :)

hehe nope mate, no coffee yet :D

I am actually very curious because when I went to greece, they were all over the place and you had their noises in your ear almost constantly. So it is interesting to see wether they will be in Arma 3 as well ;)