Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Warface - Cryengine 3 Free 2 play game [Beta registration now open]

http://www.warface.com

Warface is powered by CryENGINE 3 making it not only an industry leader in visuals, but also highly accessible for all types of PC.

It offers deep interaction with other players adding a level of team play and immersion never before seen in this type of game.

Daily content updates in PVE combined with a thrilling, fast paced PVP mode that makes Warface a truly next-gen shooter.

The description looks likes it's probably going to COD/Consolish crap though. Seems fitting that it's using ConsoleENGINE3.. I mean CryENGINE 3.

oh yeah, i'm infantry ... there is wall breaking, big ugly mecha cames thru ...

i stand there like dumb hero and aim my low caliber rifle on the mech waiting for his .50 cal or better tear me apart

{255xfacepalm}

Why do all these combat games have to be so stupidly fast paced? We need more realistic shooters, hate how the combat always looks like something from a cartoon in shooters these days despite all the advances in graphics.

Why do all these combat games have to be so stupidly fast paced? We need more realistic shooters, hate how the combat always looks like something from a cartoon in shooters these days despite all the advances in graphics.

Because its easy/cheap to make, you know there are enought people out there who will buy it.

Those shooters are only so past paced because the player doesn´t get punished for dying. Instead of that players are encouraged to go on silly amok runs. BIS does it just right. If you die you usually have a big problem (depends on Mission played). Either you have to wait for a really long time, or you will have to walk/be transported for a while until you get back in the action and ultimately: You know that your Team has one man less and you hope that there are still enough people to heal/revive you and to finish the Mission.

Even in the case of death Arma shows that it is not player centric. Everything focuses on the Team and if it will be able to complete the Mission.

I suppose you could say that if your not a massive fan of COD kiddy run & splat, you can at least play it for some time killing for nothing, I suppose it has that going for it.

Isn't that for Asia only? Yes Asia likes this kind COD/Consolish types of games - there are tons of F2P ones for Asia , heh even TF2 rip-off

Edited by RobertHammer

Isn't that for Asia only? Yes Asia likes this kind COD/Consolish types of games - there are tons of F2P ones for Asia , heh even TF2 rip-off

I thought FPSs in Asia were a niché market. Might explain why they're all free to play, though.

I think that picture applies more to you. F2P doesn't mean it's completely free. It's a sales model. Base game is free, you pay to unlock stuff.

War... face...? Really?

Really?

It's about as dumb of a name for a game as Gaijin rebranding World of Planes to "War Thunder." lol

I think that picture applies more to you. F2P doesn't mean it's completely free. It's a sales model. Base game is free, you pay to unlock stuff.

Of course the whole f2p system aims for more monetary gain for the devs, but in most cases you can have a perfectly fine experience if you stay f2p. As this game seems to be 4 player coop i don't see any point in this Pay 2 Win argument. Surely, in PvP games it is annoying to know that the enemy just won because he spent 5$ into ingame items, but you have to accept that business model when you want to play this particular game.

Oh and about this realistic CQB shooter thingy: forget it, the big cash is with the casual games and games like the old R6 games won't do well with the casuals.

de in china, need I say more?

Its not made in China