marseille77

German Assault Addons - Army

Thanks for your replies. In the last year I had some problems with my computer and so I could'nt do working on my mods. After six years of ArmA 3 I prefer still ArmA 2. I have the third game but I don`t like it. The last updates of that game is too confused for me. Some addons were converted to A3 (German Weapon Pack) and it was planned to convert the historic Bundeswehr (West German Army) as well. I don´t know if this very in the public interest. Many players want modern armies to play.

Today I show you some pics of my last vehicles in ArmA 2 operation Arrowhead that I had converted and calibrate at the time

arma2OA2018-11-0409-32-15-40.jpg

FlakPz M42G Duster (an US-AA-SPG used in West-Germany from 1958 - 1979, in 1976 phased out and replaced by the famous Gepard)

arma2OA2018-11-0409-33-37-20.jpg

KPz M48A2C (US-Tank used in West Germany along M47 from 1956 - 1991), upgraded in own version with Leopard 1 gun as KPz M48A2GA2 in 1978

Both tanks are made by Cubus. I have converted the models and change some parts to reduce the mass of polygones that was to big for the game. Further I made new textures bsed on his ones.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, marseille77 said:

Thanks for your replies. In the last year I had some problems with my computer and so I could'nt do working on my mods. After six years of ArmA 3 I prefer still ArmA 2. I have the third game but I don`t like it. The last updates of that game is too confused for me. Some addons were converted to A3 (German Weapon Pack) and it was planned to convert the historic Bundeswehr (West German Army) as well. I don´t know if this very in the public interest. Many players want modern armies to play.

Today I show you some pics of my last vehicles in ArmA 2 operation Arrowhead that I had converted and calibrate at the time

arma2OA2018-11-0409-32-15-40.jpg

FlakPz M42G Duster (an US-AA-SPG used in West-Germany from 1958 - 1979, in 1976 phased out and replaced by the famous Gepard)

arma2OA2018-11-0409-33-37-20.jpg

KPz M48A2C (US-Tank used in West Germany along M47 from 1956 - 1991), upgraded in own version with Leopard 1 gun as KPz M48A2GA2 in 1978

Both tanks are made by Cubus. I have converted the models and change some parts to reduce the mass of polygones that was to big for the game. Further I made new textures bsed on his ones.

Great looking Tank's there. Good to know your still into A2, I never really left. Just too good to leave behind. :)

Standing in full solidarity with you guys! The A3 is way too futuristic and unrealistic to take real pleasure while gaming, several years into release and development and the A3 is still way behind the A2 in the content authenticity and gameplay atmosphere.

New armor is magnificent! 

The Marceille's trademark quality is already felt with the naked eye.

With Pattons and Duster retro Germans would contain absolutely every item that could be needed to implement virtually any type of combined arms scenario from armored recce to breaching and meeting engagements.

Thank you, Marceille77, for keeping this splendid pack actual and fresh!

Hmm, A3, however, contains some pretty nice features an A2 user can only dream of, like adequate AI suppression, enhanced AI maneuvering to name a few. Combined with such an authentic content as Retro Germans the A3 would definitely become a nice stuff.

If you ever converted the entire Pack to A3 I might end up fired, divorced, constantly stinky and unshaven, and happily spending every available hour in-game )

2 hours ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

Hmm, A3, however, contains some pretty nice features an A2 user can only dream of, like adequate AI suppression, enhanced AI maneuvering to name a few. Combined with such an authentic content as Retro Germans the A3 would definitely become a nice stuff.

If you ever converted the entire Pack to A3 I might end up fired, divorced, constantly stinky and unshaven, and happily spending every available hour in-game )

A really good modded A2 ai, is way ahead of A3.

Even ai mods that are publically available for A2, do a much better job than the A3 ai offer. Flanking better, rearming, dragging and carrying, calling in support, splitting groups, working together, reacting to suppression, laying down suppression etc.

The only thing that A3 offers, other than graphics (and who cares about graphics, we need game-play), is better ai character movement. Although with SMK_anims you get a little closer to that in A2.

:)

to chrisb:

probably this was a kind of wishful thinking of mine

frankly speaking, haven't been satisfied by any of the A2's AI  mods, but seems you have much more experience with the A3 to judge on the subject

11 hours ago, Batteriefuhrer 1-288 said:

to chrisb:

probably this was a kind of wishful thinking of mine

frankly speaking, haven't been satisfied by any of the A2's AI  mods, but seems you have much more experience with the A3 to judge on the subject

No, not much experience in A3 playing wise. But I tested a few ai mods from A2 in A3, they crossed over, but not very well, unfortunately.

One mod I was testing for A3 would have been very good, but the devs discontinued it, which was a great shame really, but probably understandable.

It's easier to mod a game that is more or less finished, don't have to worry too much on game updates spoiling your work.

Testing different mod setups is the only way you'll get good results really. But it can take quite a while.

They are there though.