Sign in to follow this  
.Taffy

SimCity announced, 2013 release.

Best. Game. Ever. (Not)

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2zf7g51.jpg

We told you so!

New way to troll the fuck out of EA:

1)Make sure your credit card company can issue chargebacks from online game purchase

2)Creat new Origin account

3)Buy SIMCITY

3)Make sure you have server problem and cannot play

4)Get evidence on how bad the problem is

5)Contact EA, TROLLthe fuck out of them by requesting refund

6)Tell credit card company to issue chargeback

7)Post it on the web, and enjoy the fireworks;)

(it is actually illegal in some place, don't try!)

Edited by 4 IN 1

We told you so!

New way to troll the fuck out of EA:

1)Make sure your credit card company can issue chargebacks from online game purchase

2)Creat new Origin account

3)Buy SIMCITY

3)Make sure you have server problem and cannot play

4)Get evidence on how bad the problem is

5)Contact EA, TROLLthe fuck out of them by requesting refund

6)Tell credit card company to issue chargeback

7)Post it on the web, and enjoy the fireworks;)

(it is actually illegal in some place, don't try!)

I think it'll work out because it is honestly a good game, only the DRM is holding the game back.

This game looks like so much fun but the always online DRM, small cities and the problems it has, I just can't bring myself to buy a copy and support such design decisions. Hopefully they'll do an offline version sooner rather than later.

People who purchased the game via origin and dare to ask for a refund because they can´t play the game they bough, are threatened with account bans by EA! Refunds are denied.

Like they said in the video. Valve does the same thing, even when it's a case of double billing on an item.

Valve has given me a refund more than once. EA has stated numerous times now that they are not banning people who are asking for a refund.

Valve has given me a refund more than once. EA has stated numerous times now that they are not banning people who are asking for a refund.

And yet there is evidence that they do, or threat them that they will.

@Steam refunds. Whoever asked for a WarZ (a game that didn´t deliver what it promised) refund got one

And yet there is evidence that they do, or threat them that they will.

Maybe if you do a chargeback, but many companies will turn off your account if you do that.

Maybe if you do a chargeback, but many companies will turn off your account if you do that.

OK, you have a game that you can barely play, if at all, and the situation isn´t improving. You are angry, because you spend a good ammount of cash on a product that isn´t working. You ask for a refund, they say no (This is already illegal in the EU). What else can you do to get your money back?

OK, you have a game that you can barely play, if at all, and the situation isn´t improving. You are angry, because you spend a good ammount of cash on a product that isn´t working. You ask for a refund, they say no (This is already illegal in the EU). What else can you do to get your money back?

Well you can do a chargeback, but it states in the EULA that no refunds are allowed. So they legally don't have to give refunds back. Like I said, many companies will disable your account if you do a chargeback. Steam does the same thing, except they will re-enable your account once the issue is solved.

Hmm can´t see the comments...

The article is not so great though.

But he is right in one Point. Sim CIty is an MMO.

Has anybody though of what will happen when EA decides to shut down the servers (wich will happen as soon as they don´t make enough money with DLCs to cover the costs (that also means that there will be lots and lots of DLCs))?

Nobody will be able to play the game he paid 50€ for.

Anybody remember this interview?

h455FAED1

This sums up Sim City and what EA tries perfectly:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/11/simcity-is-inherently-broken-lets-not-let-this-go/#more-145044

Some quotes:

"To see anyone defending EA and Maxis for the state of SimCity, even were it in perfect working order on launch, depresses me to my core. This self-flagellation-as-skincare notion, where gamers loudly and proudly defend the destruction of their own rights as consumers, is an Orwellian perversity. That it might be considered in any way controversial to call them out on their crap, to point out that no, always-on DRM is not an advantage to anyone, is bewildering. It’s a sign of just how far the gaming world has fallen into the rabbit hole of the publisher’s burrowing."

"SimCity, in the state it’s in, whether the servers are up or down, the Cheetah mode switched on or off, is an insult to you. It’s a gross, bawdy guffaw at just how much you’ll put up with in the name of “fighting piracyâ€. They’re laughing at you, while you hand over your £45 for a game that maybe works sometimes.."

"Always-on DRM is a disease that we cannot allow ourselves to be so willingly infected by. It’s a curse on gaming. It’s diminishing our experiences, reducing the possibilities for our play, and creating a space where faulty games are accepted as complete. Always-on DRM is a broken game. They need to be fixed."

'Fighting Piracy' in the gaming bubble is like what "terrorism" justifications are like in the physical world, part used to crowbar more draconian laws and controlled nonsense on the "public", in the gaming case the "consumer".

Just an observation is all.

Has anybody though of what will happen when EA decides to shut down the servers (which will happen as soon as they don´t make enough money with DLCs to cover the costs (that also means that there will be lots and lots of DLCs))?

I mentioned that on previous page and Its a good point, it actually reduces its long term worth to mean that the game itself in some ways has a shorter life time due to its server umbilical chord. So theres another reason its awful. Or if servers go down, its technically worthless data on your hard disc.

Edited by mrcash2009

I can describe this game in one word - sh*tcity.

How one can buy EA games... I think it's some sort Stockholm syndrome relation or even worse because there is money involved haha

How one can buy EA games... I think it's some sort Stockholm syndrome relation or even worse because there is money involved haha

Like paying a Domina? She will screw you over and you will be hurt.

I have SC4 reinstalled with mods and is glad that it still works

Shut up, BF3 End Game is out tonight.

Jesus f*cking Christ, we know that you dislike EA games and now stop your b*tchin'.

Why does nobody post anything about the game at hand?

I'm going to go ahead and bitch about EA.

This new failure is a prime example of why I refuse to buy EA products anymore, let alone allow Origins to run wild on my harddrives. EA has routinely let down its fans but people still rush out to preorder their games after watching a few highly polished videos. Sometimes I think people enjoy whining about getting screwed over by big top publishers and that's why they buy into the hype machines.

I can´t understand why someone would preorder a game with always online DRM.

Ubisoft has proven that it doesn´t work, they have abandoned the idea of always online because of the negative feedback from their customers (people stoped buying the games).

Diablo 3 had the same problems. Many fans left the series.

And now EA goes forward to prove that always online DRM is still a bad idea, especially if you slap it onto a game that was about singleplayer in the past.

Why do people keep preordering this crap?

I do not understand how people can blame things like this on the user. When people buy the game, they are surely not buying it support the company, even though they technically are, they are purchasing it for themselves.

I do not understand how people can blame things like this on the user. When people buy the game, they are surely not buying it support the company, even though they technically are, they are purchasing it for themselves.

With full prior knowledge (hopefully) that a server located through the internet miles from their home, via binary and data packets that they will not see, locate, have any control of what so ever was point blank needed to enjoy it for themselves.

Unfortunately simply the notion of enjoying something privately any more is slipping away, and is partly a romantic notion increasingly these days.

As regards blame, its a question of both sides, one relies on the other and so on. A sign is the fact that if everyone didnt buy the next DRM online game they produce, they would be back in the board room with the marketing team thinking twice, so it has everything to do with the customers choice in the end. If you did buy it and suffered this shit, then the idea of once bitten twice shy and learning from it is the only positive outcome.

Sorry but as I typed that I could not help but think of this:

eKgPY1adc0A

Edited by mrcash2009