Sign in to follow this  
strawman

patch 104 something broken?

Just tried patch 104 and the fm has gone fecked up, the helos are unflyable.Or should i have read the readme and missed a setting or something?:butbut:

Just an idea: Are you using a "HSim" folder with tweaked FM configs within your game folder maybe? If so, you might want to rename or remove it as it probably won't work with 1.04 (due to the internal Rotorlib update).

Nothing wrong with them as far as I'm concerned. FM got updated but if anything they're easier to fly ...

Just tried patch 104 and the fm has gone fecked up, the helos are unflyable.Or should i have read the readme and missed a setting or something?:butbut:

Yes, same here. 1.03 was fine, but in 1.04 the control inputs have no authority, then too much. Using CH gear in an i7 Windows 7 PC.

I have noticed subtle differences, but nothing that suddenly makes them unflyable.

Just an idea: Are you using a "HSim" folder with tweaked FM configs within your game folder maybe? If so, you might want to rename or remove it as it probably won't work with 1.04 (due to the internal Rotorlib update).

Ah yes thanks the cfg! I tried to use the demo cfg the other day ,to see if it would change anything a few days ago, I thought I had put the origional back maybe thats it?.I see nobody else is having problems so I think I'll reinstall everything.I had similar effects with HTR 1.5 in FSX. Reinstall I think............thanks

Check your sensitivity setting on your joystick calibration in ToH. Mine got set to maximum after the patch and I noticed it when the throttle would only move in ridiculously large increments! Might be that causing your flight to be off?

Check your sensitivity setting on your joystick calibration in ToH. Mine got set to maximum after the patch and I noticed it when the throttle would only move in ridiculously large increments! Might be that causing your flight to be off?

Thanks but joystick settings seem ok.Just thoughtI bought two copies, one standalone and one on steam, I think they share the same config folder in my documents? The steam copy still seems fine but the standalone is out of wack, maybe a conflict there somewhere?.

I actually have the same issue. I loaded the game up earlier tonight and found the controls were super sensitive to the point where the tiniest input threw the chopper into a dive :eek: (and there were only about 3 levels for the throttle; on, 3/4 and off). I couldn't find a joystick calibration menu in-game, I'll have another look now..

I actually have the same issue. I loaded the game up earlier tonight and found the controls were super sensitive to the point where the tiniest input threw the chopper into a dive :eek: (and there were only about 3 levels for the throttle; on, 3/4 and off). I couldn't find a joystick calibration menu in-game, I'll have another look now..

You beat me to it, my steam copy just updated, it's the joystick sensitivity gone hyper,Codfish was right.The slightest adjustment on the stick or throttle is exaggerated...how to fix?.

You beat me to it, my steam copy just updated, it's the joystick sensitivity gone hyper,Codfish was right.The slightest adjustment on the stick or throttle is exaggerated...how to fix?.

Haha yeah :cool: and the fix works. Just go into the in-game joystick calibration settings and click the 'return to default' button, which just returns them all to the middle. That should make it normal, and you can adjust it from there if you still aren't happy :)

The changed sensitivity has happened to everyone with a joystick, or specific joysticks? All axes?

G940 here - I haven't experienced any major changes in my joystick's behaviour since the patch (although I did make the assumption that the RC was the same as the patch - all the checksums/file sizes were the same - I just left the RC in place).

Logitech g940.

The patch resulted in hyper-sensitive control settings for me, which was a simple fix. There's a convenient "Default" button to push to solve them things!

Edit: Oh, it didn't mess with the pedal settings, though those controls are now far more responsive as the chopper spins wildly when pushed all the way down. Which is what probably will happen if you're that stupid in real life.

Haha yeah :cool: and the fix works. Just go into the in-game joystick calibration settings and click the 'return to default' button, which just returns them all to the middle. That should make it normal, and you can adjust it from there if you still aren't happy :)

Thanks seems ok now.Still not sure about the collective though, commonsense tells me they wouldn't design the controls to be potentially lethal at the slightest adjustment, but then I'm not a helo pilot. Love that cheranus map,reminds me of flying in a puma over the countryside.

I can't hear the engine sound anymore!

And the torque gauge of the "virtual" HUD isn't working too.

the contols are wacko for me too . Saitek x52 . was fine before the patch but now the chopper is uncontroable

Well I have the same problem and honestly I think is not just the joystick sensitive. The light chopper is total unflyable. The different betwen the light and the medium chopper is so high. I think is a problem of the flying physic.

I had to mess with my curve settins again, I think some small changes were made. With the throttle, try putting the sensitivity dead center, otherwise you're curving your collective inputs. The others should be a bit left of center to get the fine control curve you'd see in DCS. I've got a slight curve on the twist handle, but I'm still having rudder issues.

The light helicopter and heavy fly great now, The light especially is a dream and very easy to control when flown properly. The heavy feels good too, not like a light heli with a big model. I'm going to have to try and load it up with passengers still to see how it runs. If this is an indicator of how the Hinds are going to handle, I'm pretty happy with it.

The Medium still has a huge problem, the rudder seems to have WAY to large an impact on flight control. I was doing a rescue mission, and I actually managed to get to the boat and load up the two survivors, but as I ruddered around at a hover to face the hospital the thing went out of control and started rolling uncontrollably. Ended up doing some kind of roll/flip and hit the drink. Was able to do it twice, the slightest rudder input in the medium sends the helicopter out of control, and it's got too much authority at speed.

The Medium still has a huge problem, the rudder seems to have WAY to large an impact on flight control. I was doing a rescue mission, and I actually managed to get to the boat and load up the two survivors, but as I ruddered around at a hover to face the hospital the thing went out of control and started rolling uncontrollably. Ended up doing some kind of roll/flip and hit the drink. Was able to do it twice, the slightest rudder input in the medium sends the helicopter out of control, and it's got too much authority at speed.

I would agree with this. Most aspects of the medium helicopter are OK, but the rudder has far too much say. I think they have made it more robust than it was too as it used to 'break' really easily. Now you have to fly it quite hard to bugger it up. Maybe there needs to be a slight tweak here too as originally it broke far too easily, but now it's almost like flying a light. In my time trials I had to push it really hard to break it. I'm no pilot, so I have got no idea as to how this compares to the real handling!

The light helicopter is now a joy to fly really. The only problem I have with it is when it has a sling load, but that's probably just that I need more practice.

Saitek Cyborg 3D here.

The sensitivity was maxed out after the patch and making it uncontrollable.

Default back to normal seems ok. Didn't use any beta/community fix before.

had the same problems but as JEDRA says the medium chopper just gets way out of control when large inputs are used on tail and or cyclic controls ,i mean i don't fly with huge imput's but that's just crazy uncontrollable to totally no regain ,no helicopter fly's like that.i gotta say its just my input,i think the new104 needs far more work to let it out in the public ,i believe the 1.03 to be far better,but its to my understanding BI love letting the public sort out there moding and there bug testing time and time again ,but i do like the way the helicopters a flying in 104 there just buggy thats all and we the public have to sort out the problems while BI play dumb AGAIN :j:

also it drive me nuts you cant set up 3 different control values for the way each helicopter needs to fly.one control input just does not cut it with 3 totally different helicopter flight models.

Edited by AZY

Nobody with my problems on this patch?

Can you hear other sounds? Does it matter which helicopter, or which camera you are using?

By virtual do you mean the UI HUD, or the 3D cockpit?

Yes I can hear all other sounds: the sound of the rain too! All but not the engine. Seems like flying with engine "turned off". It happens with all helicopter and in all wiews.

I mean the analog gauge whith the vertical speed, the center of gravity and the collective raise. (i.e. the gauges that can be disabled when flying in expert mode)

The matter is that collective bar indicator always shows the same position (is stopped) even if i pull up or down the collective.