Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Assassins Creed 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK5e-zNpotA

Assassin's Creed III is an upcoming game developed by Ubisoft and set for release on October 30th, 2012.[1] Ubisoft has claimed that the game will be bigger than its previous console installments,[2] and will complete the story of Desmond Miles.
The game will be set between 1753 and 1783, and will focus on a new ancestor, Connor, who fought during the American Revolution.

Development

As of February 15th 2012, Ubisoft has worked on the title for three years. In a statement made by Yves Guillemot, he shared that "what we have seen is just fabulous."[3]
The game has been made on a completely new Anvil Engine called "Ubisoft-AnvilNext". There will be seasonal changes, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter, subsequently affecting gameplay.

In winter, soldiers will move more slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over, allowing Connor to access new areas. Another technical aspect of the engine is that it can depict up to "a thousand" troops engaged in a battle, and apparently detailed close-ups.

Gameplay

Exploration will be based around a large countryside area known as the Frontier, which is one and a half times larger than Rome in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and not as empty as the Kingdom in Assassin's Creed, as one third of the quests and gameplay content are in the Frontier. The cities of Boston and New York may also be explored, and will have new details and ambiance.
Since there is going to be a lot more travel in the game, fast travel is making a return, but there is now a whole new system of unlocking it, which is integrated into the natural game progress.

More varied methods of movement have been added as well, including climbing trees and other natural elements, leaping over wagons, or sliding under obstacles. Other Freerunning elements also have you jumping through windows, to trees, then onto rooftops.

Combat

Players can dual wield weapons, while fighting and stealth have been completely overhauled with new features, such as "double-counters," "multiple take-downs," and chain kills. Connor will go into battle with a wide variety of weapons at his disposal, including the knife, tomahawk, flintlock pistols, bow and arrow, and Hidden Blade.
Context sensitive actions, such as using enemies as human shields, will be included. The target locking system is gone, replaced by a automated enemy selection, changing the combat dynamics.

The combat system has been greatly improved, as there are thousands of new animations, none of which are carried over from previous installments. It is now focused on putting the player on the offensive side and based on speed and momentum.

Memories

Desmond will use the new Animus 3.0, and will find himself reliving “significant eventsâ€. 100% synchronization in memories returns, though will be an achievement treated similarly to a levelling system in an RPG, except with a finite amount of XP available.
Activities completed within missions have their own value. The more in-synch you get, the more you fill your sync bar, which can also be increased through replaying missions. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you do not have to replay an entire mission to get 100% synch.

Others

Economy in the game will be different, as Connor can now hunt animals, and sell the resources found in them. The quality of the kill, such as the number of hits it takes, also increases the value of the resource. A new property system will be implemented as well.
There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, but they will not be given by Subject 16.

Platforming missions, like the Lairs of Romulus, are making a return, though it is unconfirmed in what way they will be implemented. "People like those. It's not something we'd remove," says Corey May.

Multiplayer is also making a return, though Ubisoft is staying tight-lipped about it and its features.

(copied from the Wiki)

I hope Ubisoft don't ruin this with their DRM crap... Edited by ArmAriffic

This all mystifies me. How does he not look absurdly out of place? Is that supposed to be some sort of frontier buckskin outfit? They should have altered the costume more.

This all mystifies me. How does he not look absurdly out of place? Is that supposed to be some sort of frontier buckskin outfit? They should have altered the costume more.

Exactly, I don´t know if this game really fits into this Time period, or even this continent!. They should have stayed in Europe or the middel East. I pretty obviuous what the story will be like. The evil british controlled by the templars fight against the brave US protected by the Assassins. And of course the Hero has to be half Indian and half american, I wonder how they will explain how an Italian Assassin family managed to get to the US and team up with the Indians. Jesus, thats stupid...

my wallet is moving on it's own :rolleyes:

The most exciting new feature, according to Ubisoft CEO Putaine la Merde, is the brand new LegitPlayerBusterâ„¢ Digital Rights Management service, which promises an even more unique, frustrating and inconsistent experience than ever before. Additionally, Ubisoft is already experimenting the multiplayer component, powered by micro-transactions.

The game's new in-game advertisement system promises to be the most immersive service ever featured by Ubisoft, realistically disrupting gameplay and appearing before and after every cutscene.

In other news, Gabe Newell announces the recent Half-Life 3 rumours to be falsified by a disgruntled former employee...

Food for thoughts.

Exactly, I don´t know if this game really fits into this Time period, or even this continent!. They should have stayed in Europe or the middel East. I pretty obviuous what the story will be like. The evil british controlled by the templars fight against the brave US protected by the Assassins. And of course the Hero has to be half Indian and half american, I wonder how they will explain how an Italian Assassin family managed to get to the US and team up with the Indians. Jesus, thats stupid...

This.

The franchise would of been much better suited with an earlier time, say in france/spain or britain. Spanish armada would of suited an in-between time frame before moving onto the american revolution. Since desmond is from there, they would of had to visit this piece of history sooner or later. Me and I'm sure many others preffering later. 300 years since ezio and connor is too much maybe, though some would argue the time frame between altair and ezio is roughly the same.

I can tell you this though. France will be a part of this (historically obvious) and they will be more the heroes of the time-period then the colonists (way to go ubisoft).

Well this is from Ubisoft Montreal, I expect to see some franco canadians

Ahh Red Dead Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Redemption! Woo! But in all seriousness I'm actually interested in this, I'm pretty much sick of Ezio. I agree that Conor looks really out of place in this reveal trailer but I guess customization will still be in and you'll end up with more native American attire throughout the game than the trailer shows e.g "You've unlocked the 'Mohawk Scout' outfit or w/e".

As for it not making sense that an Italian family ending up in America... Umm what? Ok so the main period of immigration for Italians to America only began in the 1800's but that's not saying that Ezio's rich ass family couldn't have moved there beforehand to get the Assassin's up and running in the new world. The thing is though, that this new ancestor is the son of an English man and a native American woman, so at some point Desmond's bloodline went to Britain (which would have made an equally good setting for the game IMHO) and then moved to the American colonies for whatever reason. Possibly because the assassins needed a cell in the colonies to keep the Templar's in check in the new world. Which would have probably happened well before the revolution unless the assassin's had their heads up their asses. The main point though is that Desmond is American, so one way or another, if we like it or not, Desmond's Assassin bloodline reached the shores of America at some point in history.

As for "The evil british controlled by the templars fight against the brave US protected by the Assassins." you might have a point here which would truly be a disappointment as I'd rather have a good story that tries to keep the whole good and evil thing ambiguous enough so that I don't feel as though I'm playing an American revolutionary with some cool slow-mo finishing moves but rather just a man who has to make some tough decisions and whether they're perceived as good or evil are up to each player without being nudged in any particular direction by the writers... with some cool slow-mo finishing moves. Ubisoft has said that their will be just as many bad guys and good guys on each side though so we should find ourselves killing either side indiscriminately with all the tech of the times which is the most important thing:).

As for it not making sense that an Italian family ending up in America... Umm what? Ok so the main period of immigration for Italians to America only began in the 1800's but that's not saying that Ezio's rich ass family couldn't have moved there beforehand to get the Assassin's up and running in the new world. The thing is though, that this new ancestor is the son of an English man and a native American woman, so at some point Desmond's bloodline went to Britain (which would have made an equally good setting for the game IMHO) and then moved to the American colonies for whatever reason. Possibly because the assassins needed a cell in the colonies to keep the Templar's in check in the new world. Which would have probably happened well before the revolution unless the assassin's had their heads up their asses. The main point though is that Desmond is American, so one way or another, if we like it or not, Desmond's Assassin bloodline reached the shores of America at some point in history.

A bloodline isn't some linear list of people. The family tree on his mother and his father's side could be wildly different so could easily include Ezio and Conor and virtually anyone else in history...

I skipped Revelations because it's just more of the same old game. And damn the Brotherhood ending was stupid, what a stupid way to kill off a character.

Hope they made some big changes in the gameplay to make interesting.

The game's new in-game advertisement system promises to be the most immersive service ever featured by Ubisoft, realistically disrupting gameplay and appearing before and after every cutscene.

** Pukes into a sock **

"Advertisements Crud 3"

I am always amazed how they sell this to a "consumer" as a feature, actualy, no, it doesnt amaze me, its depressing.

It looks like Ubisoft doesn't know how to continue the story and ye Revelations was crap /not the Ezio part ,but Desmond part yes/

It looks like Ubisoft doesn't know how to continue the story and ye Revelations was crap /not the Ezio part ,but Desmond part yes/

Yep, that's how I feel it too. I loved previous AC titles, especially Venice, but from title to tile I cared less and less about Desmond. In first two titles the changing of storylines was kind of cool, little Avatar-ish, but then, especially Revelations, I found it very disrupting since I didn't give a single damn about Desmond anymore.

"Advertisements Crud 3"

I am always amazed how they sell this to a "consumer" as a feature, actualy, no, it doesnt amaze me, its depressing.

Indeed. I just hope you recognised the news report was fake. Since it's Ubisoft, they might, but my creed is "Don't complain about features that aren't confirmed yet."

Got some AC:R 50% coupons from Steam, if you wanna have them, shoot me a pm or chat via steam :)

Maybe Assassin's Creed 4 will be set in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Wouldn't that just be Desmond? Goodness knows how much I'd like to see that lifeless fuck get his head cut off. Does anyone even care about the revolving story anyway, I shut my mind to all that visions shit because Desmond is the worst character in any game ever.

Assassins Creed could have been a nice little series that starts with the Hassassins, lets say, and progressed as a story about individual characters of an assassin order throughout time. Why does it need such bullshit?

Wouldn't that just be Desmond? Goodness knows how much I'd like to see that lifeless fuck get his head cut off. Does anyone even care about the revolving story anyway, I shut my mind to all that visions shit because Desmond is the worst character in any game ever.

Assassins Creed could have been a nice little series that starts with the Hassassins, lets say, and progressed as a story about individual characters of an assassin order throughout time. Why does it need such bullshit?

Dude, its made by Ubisoft. :j:

Got some AC:R 50% coupons from Steam, if you wanna have them, shoot me a pm or chat via steam :)

Me too! I would of preferred to of received them while AC:R was on 50% off sale though. Oh well I have the less then superior console version to tide me over till AC:3 :)

EPIC LOL

http://www.bannerwitcoff.com/_docs/Ubisoft_Complaint.pdf

Compressed info:

There is a guy who has written a novel in 2003 named Link. It contains a machine that lets you experience the memories of your ancestors, assassins, and many more stuff that we know from the assassins creed series. Now he demands 1.05Mio $ and a complete halt of AC3s development.

That could become interesting if they can prove that UBI stole the story...

And he notices that just now? Assassin's Creed 1 was released in 2007. That is 5! years ago.

€dit: He is also sueing Gametrailers for releasing videos about AC in 2007 xD

The whole technical thing about memorys of one's ancestors is totally different between the two stories. The Link Beiswenger describes has only two things in common with the Animus: the screen in front of the test subject and the "dentist" chair.

Desmond also seems to be able to differentiate between him and his ancestors at first. But after prolonged use of the Animus it becomes harder and harder for him to seperate history from reality. In Link the test subjects cannot differentiate at all between their ancestor's memories and their own.

It gets even better when he states that Link contains lines about assassin's (just assassin's, not mentions anything of an order) and is about the fight of Good vs. Evil, which Ubisoft blatantly copied xD

Edited by Mr. Charles

Maybe Assassin's Creed 4 will be set in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Or, alternatively, during WW2 and you'll have to kill Hitler. :p

EPIC LOL

http://www.bannerwitcoff.com/_docs/Ubisoft_Complaint.pdf

Compressed info:

There is a guy who has written a novel in 2003 named Link. It contains a machine that lets you experience the memories of your ancestors, assassins, and many more stuff that we know from the assassins creed series. Now he demands 1.05Mio $ and a complete halt of AC3s development.

That could become interesting if they can prove that UBI stole the story...

A.) Guy's probably a patent troll using some vaguely similar plot line to get some free cash and publicity from an arguably successful and lucrative game series.

B.) His book already got bombed with one star reviews, and people say it is, AC3 or not, quite unreadable and boring.