Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Question for suma/bis

Oh God, what's the point of weapons beautifulness, it's function is to kill/destroy things no to look nice tounge.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S.F.F.R @ June 15 2002,00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You wanna die from golden bullet ?<span id='postcolor'>

Yea biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ June 14 2002,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">God. Havoc is very ugly. Apache is nicer. A lot nicer. Hind is the nicest chopper on the world.

Which one looks better? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This one. biggrin.gif

ka50_03.jpg

ka50_08.jpg

ka50_mi24.jpg

wink.gif

Frankly, the Cobra beats them all for good looks.

I feel safest in the Cobra, because I don't take ten seconds to even begin to change direction like I do in the Hind and a bit in the Apache. The Cobra is very hard to hit.

When they say "armored cockpit," I am pretty sure that they are not talking about the canopy. Cockpit and canopy are two different parts of the aircraft. No glass can take a twenty millimeter round (unless you have something like several feet of it, maybe).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ June 13 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't really care about those things. They're not annoying.

And american tanks don't use tube launched missles.<span id='postcolor'>

Who the hell said they fire them?

I do find unrealistic things annoying, like NATO 105mm being as effective as T-55's 100mm WW2 era gun. Muzzle velocities and penetration are very, very different...

Game is unrealistic,and this addod unrealistic.....

About gun-lauched missiles - only T-64 (version after 1979) , T-72 , T-80 and T-90 tounge.gif

And T-94 of course - 152mm gun ( yeaaah !!! ) + ATGM launcher  smile.gif

How about some smoke for those tanks? The tubes are rendered but nothing comes out of them.

I can think of a few times were I would have liked to beat a retreat behind a cloud of smoke.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfire12 @ June 17 2002,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about some smoke for those tanks? The tubes are rendered but nothing comes out of them.

I can think of a few times were I would have liked to beat a retreat behind a cloud of smoke.<span id='postcolor'>

It would lag your ass off. tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Especially in mulitplay.

All modern tank's have smoke grenade launchers and/or engine exhaust smoke system  smile.gif

But in game AI not see this smoke , they see YOU in smoke...

Just a point on the Hind cockpits. I don't think they were bulletproof in 1985. I was watching a documentary on the Russian Afghan war and one of the tricks the Afghan's would use was to wait for a helicopter to come in to land and shoot the pilot with a sniper rifle. Now I'm certain shortly after that they changed so I guess it depends on what time BIS is looking to model the hind after.

Correction. After reviewing the tape it was the Mi-17 they would take out as it would usually have troops in the back making them able to take out a lot of troops at once. Ok so I made a mistake. But unlike most Americans I can accept that biggrin.gif

It's not real Hind medim speed 200km/h and shoot from pistol or sniper rifle - not real. Against Hinds afgans used Stingers from USA mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S.F.F.R @ June 17 2002,05:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not real Hind medim speed 200km/h and shoot from pistol or sniper rifle - not real. Against Hinds afgans used Stingers from USA  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They wouldn't shoot at it while it was in flight flying around. You can shoot it down when it comes in to land. Just as in OFP they have to hover before they land. This is when you take the shot at the pilot from your rifle. In Vietnam the US lost pilots to snipers in the same manner.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S.F.F.R @ June 17 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Game is unrealistic,and this addod unrealistic.....

About gun-lauched missiles - only T-64 (version after 1979) , T-72 , T-80 and T-90 tounge.gif

And T-94 of course - 152mm gun ( yeaaah !!! ) + ATGM launcher  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gif And what game is more realistic, may I ask? What other game successfully combines infantry sim, flight sim and tank sim? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S.F.F.R @ June 17 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Game is unrealistic,and this addod unrealistic.....

And T-94 of course - 152mm gun ( yeaaah !!! ) + ATGM launcher  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Both the T-55M (T-55M added the Volna fire control system (with ATGM launcher,D-10T2S gun), improved gun stabilization and sights, improved engine, new radio, and increased protection. That included side skirts, smoke grenade launchers, applique armor, and fire protection)

and the T-62M(2A20 gun) , have ATGM capabilities, both fire a version af the AT-10

Well, since this topic has been replied to again, I ask the original questions once more -

1.) Will the BRDM armour value be increased, or will I have to download an unofficial "realism" mod?

2.) Will the damage modelling of the MI-24 (& MI-17) be changed so that the cockpit glass isn't completely invulnerable...?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And T-94 of course - 152mm gun ( yeaaah !!! ) + ATGM launcher <span id='postcolor'>

I would like to try that one against an abrams. I'm pretty sure that one of that shells could rip an abrams open like a tin can, chobham armor or not.

152mm would be great. I changed the T90 armor value (addon) so it take way more hits than the M1, I know it unrealistic but I was just messing around with it.

The Apache is just a wasp... its ment for fast strikes where as the Hind is ment as a ground support chopper and transporting. The fact that the Apache is faster and more manouverable than the Hind means nothing, they were both made for different rolls. I don't find it THAT slow at all, the HIP is slower but even that is ok, plus Hind wins in a gunfight with Apache (well I win it anyway, fair start and all).

The HIP is slow, but it carries way more rockets than the Apache, plus well aimed it takes not many rockets to waste an Abrams either. I kill more tanks with Mi17 than Mi24.

The SU25 can compensate for the Hinds AT missiles smile.gif