Sign in to follow this  
kremator

Kremator presents ... BattleZone, MSO, PatrolOps2 & ATCRabbit

Thanks mate :bounce3: You should all get Honorary degrees for being able to figure this lot out.

Not at all lol. Arma just does things differently to any other game out there.

Is really simple once you know what to do :cool:

I'm guessing I'm asking in the wrong place here really, but is it difficult to enable the parameters for editing when running this on a dedicated server? The default setup runs fine, just cant edit any settings when creating on a dedicated. Will I need to edit a server.cfg or some malarky?

I'm guessing I'm asking in the wrong place here really, but is it difficult to enable the parameters for editing when running this on a dedicated server? The default setup runs fine, just cant edit any settings when creating on a dedicated. Will I need to edit a server.cfg or some malarky?

Are you logged in as admin?

Are you logged in as admin?

Um, no. I'm seriously clueless. Just installed the dedicated server this evening, can join and vote for maps. No idea how to do anything else (sorry about that).

Edit - Ok, im reading;

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

I'm guessing/hoping its all still relevant and up to date.

lol, and just pressing log in on the bloody server screen might do it as well.... Not really blessed with observational skills =(

Edited by Supe® HaÑs

kellys-heroes guide should pretty much get you up and running.

To log in using the command line...

Press the '/' key to bring up the command line once you are in the server session.

type #login password where password is the admin password you set up in your config file.

You should then be able to mess with the parameters.

I have been able to put some of neokika's Support Radio into this as well (so MLRS and Grads (and other smaller arty) will be available). Final testing before release on all islands.

Following a successful test overnight, I will be releasing Takistan Version 4 (with MSO 4.31) and other goodies this evening. I will then port it over to all other islands.

Congratulations Kremator and thank you for all your hard work to bring these missions up to date with latest versions of both Battlezone, MSO and of course your special enhancements. You have truly put a lot of time and energy in making ARMA more enjoyable for all of us. Looking forward to the updated downloads.

Well Done!

Vengeance

Yes +1 thanks.. my apologies I didn't have much time for testing last night so hopefully everything went OK

Awwww you guys are too nice! Just giving back for all the wonderful things that I have got in the past.

Regarding the test ... I managed to sneak in tpw's houselighting script, so the houses will light up at night! REALLY adds to the atmosphere.

The only unknown I have is if the 'overhead names' shows with multiple players (as I only test with myself so far). I can do a workaround by enabling it for AI too - so I just need to check that this evening.

Nah.. we're just sucking up in the hopes of more free cookies :bounce3:

Can't wait to see the houselight script... saw it on Armaholic yesterday and thought "why didn't i think of that?"

Yo Kremator, cheers for the walk about of the next version last night. All I could dream about last night was predator drones and magic bunnies....

^ there are magic bunnies???? :bounce3:

Ahhh. That's you Tom! Cool.

The bunnies are the AirTrafficControlRabbits!

I'll have the server up later on tonight if you, or anyone else, want to join :)

Damn straight, I'll be there with bells on mate.

And yea, changed my ingame name to match the forums, might save some confusion lol.

Anyhow, I'll catch ya later.

The bunnies are the AirTrafficControlRabbits!

Of course!!! What was I thinking :confused:

What a great game last night! Was good to play with people from the forums (and finally get talking to them on VON ingame!) Savage and Hans reported smooth gameplay even though there was >350 AI units all over the map.

I have tried a test convert of Carraigdubh (from Bushlurker) and was able to port it over in less than 30 minutes, SO I should be able to crank out lots of islands this weekend. If anyone has any preference for the order on which I work on them (so some will be sooner than others!) then let me know.

Following our game I restarted the server and cranked it up to producing units every 10secs - the carnage was amazing. When I came back 6 hours later, the battle was still raging (F*^&%$" intense!), with no side able to drive the front in their favour due to the sheer number of reinforcements!

I'll have to try another island soon, you guys got any suggestions? Something a little flatter than Takistan would be nice. Nothing too small.

Duala is a nice change. Will put that one high on the list.

Can you please post what mods these missions require? Getting error : * deleted.cba_main

CBA set-up has changed lately, if your running CO -you need to be running all 3 CBA's now

Ops thought this was a SP thing my bad, cya.

Can still be played SP (but just in LAN mode !)

Hey Krem I have not seen your server up. What time do you get on! This is a small thing but it kills me. Can you ask ZK if he could change the squad setup. I know when he made his battlefield missions he wanted the look and feel of the different class units in a squad like battlefield but it's killing me to see a sniper as a gunner in a jeep or apache. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I do (: It should not be a big deal to change the AI recruitment.

You'll have to post that in his thread.

I normally just put my dedi up when testing or when I want to play. It's just a machine that sits beside me here at home, so it's not on 24hours a day (or the missus would kill me for the electricity bill!)

Today is the last day of testing V4, to check if all critical functions are working.