Sign in to follow this  
kremator

Kremator presents ... BattleZone, MSO, PatrolOps2 & ATCRabbit

Working on getting Warfare to work inside the mission as well.

Lol, fooking hell, your gonna blow everyones pc's ;)

UPDATE: ALL MAPS UPDATED TO VERSION 6c!

Also 2 new maps added today:

Celle: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3905219/ZKs_BattleZone_V3MSO_v6c.Celle.pbo

Desert: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3905219/ZKs_BattleZone_V3MSO_v6c.Desert_E.pbo

Changelog - have updated the ALSS scripts to the latest version and made AI more lethal!

Enjoy.

Krem

Damn you Kremator.. I was going to do some yard work this weekend!!! Because of you my lawn will now be brown and patchy :mad:

In all seriousness this is a lot of work so THANK YOU!! :bounce3:

Edit: did I hear correctly there are 'naval' versions of this mission that include frigates, etc? Also since you killed my lawn I'm going to burden you with a request for Emita City.

Edited by SavageCDN
added text

Emita City added to list :) Just pave over the lawn - saves work in the long run !

On a partially successful note, I have been able to get warfare to (ALMOST) work inside the mission. LONG way to go, but I have now got town capture (and other tasks) working. I'm not sure if I will release that version as you will need a BEAST of a machine to run it. To give you an idea, 5 minutes into the game and there are over 300 units. However it IS running.

Don't know how much time I'll have tomorrow (will be on Lingor :) ) or the day after (have signed up for Carrier Command P&C!)

Glad you guys are still loving it.

Hi Krem

Have encountered a small issue in the latest versions (Panthera2, Fallujah1_2 & Zargabad tested as yet) - if you set the number of planes to zero, planes still spawn.

No idea how many, though, Turned them off as planes seemed to cause some lag issues on the more demanding maps such as Chernarus.

Cheers

Orcinus

Hey Orcinus. This will be the MSO ambient aircraft. Set it to OFF in the parameters. That will sort it, however, as an aircraft is just one unit I reckon it is the amount of units rather than having aircraft that is causing lag.

When you say lag anyway, what do you mean? Rubber banding?

Doing more Sahrani testing, but it was great to be back on the old island last night. Brought back memories and I was placing town spots and base locations :)

Good old Sahrani...it was my first Contact with ArmA Years ago. :D

ok now i played some more with this mission and i must say wauw this is such a awsome mission.

must say i played on my updated terrain wich have more keypoints, towns and villages now :)

but i realy enjoyed this one to a whole new level. ill release a Fayshkhabur "RC1" shortly

but i wont spam about changes over here just wanted to let u know this mission is in my top 3!!

Thanks for adding Emita City to your list!! I was playing a bit using the Celle version yesterday and I noticed when I get in the back of say an IFV I cannot order the vehicle commander to move to a location. He will still 'hunt' around and bark out new waypoints but I cannot click on the map to get him to move where I want to (the IFV is not in my player group). I swear in previous versions I was able to do this (I did not try any other maps). Also note I was playing on my own PC not a dedicated server.

Now it was still a ton of fun the guy drove around searching for bad guys.. we got attacked by an enemy chopper and took it down before getting ambushed by a BMP and some infantry.

Thanks for kind words BlackMamba! Will update the mission once your RC1 of Fayshkhabur is out (will take about 2 minutes !)

@SavageCDN - you can only give orders IF you get in as driver or gunner. That way the vehicle is brought local to you (it's complicated - still don't fully grasp it)

Ah ok that makes sense then... thanks. For some reason I was remembering being able to do this as just a 'cargo' item but I guess I had a few beers that night or something...lol

For info .... looking at putting Insurgency within here too :)

For info .... looking at putting Insurgency within here too :)

As if this mission wasn't insane enough

Hi Krem

Have encountered a small issue in the latest versions (Panthera2, Fallujah1_2 & Zargabad tested as yet) - if you set the number of planes to zero, planes still spawn.

Orcinus

same here.

same here.

If you don't want ANY planes, then set number to zero in params AND turn off ambient aircraft in params.

@Sleep - insane? Nah.... LONG way to go before then :)

the insurgency would fit very well on the Fayshkhabur RC1 :)

this version has more city's/villages,

and the ones allready on are expanded + infrastructure of the villages are more cqb friendly now.

im finalizing some stuff for the RC1 release. ill inform u when its there.

There are some issues with insurgency presently. I will sort them out eventually but I am HOOKED on Tribes Ascend presently! Oh and CC P&C comes out today too! Too many things, too little time.

If you don't want ANY planes, then set number to zero in params AND turn off ambient aircraft in params.

Ahh, I didn't realise there were 2 independent settings for aircraft. On some maps when there are quite a few planes flyin aorund I get bad fps drop (25-40+ down to 7-15) plus probably what you term 'rubber banding'. Game becomes essentially unplayable.

Thanks, Krem

Orcinus

On some maps when there are quite a few planes flyin aorund I get bad fps drop (25-40+ down to 7-15)

In the Beginning i´ve had the same Issue. It was caused from the Ambient Air Traffic, switchable in the Mission Params.

Thanks for the Sahrani version,by far the best island to date, has everything! (well except ofp's Normandy island,which was very much like where i live,high hedgerows either side of the roads and you didn't know if there was enemies on the other side).

Playing your mission is by far the best way to explore any new island,i d/loaded Celle the other night,instead of what i usually do (open up in the editor), i upped it to our server and instantly fire up your mission!

Great way to see the island 1st time, during war! :cool:

Your never stuck in one place and have to run miles for ages, help is just a click away! :cheers:

Glad you are enjoying it !

I'm looking at putting other scripts in presently - to make it more atmostpheric. We shall see :)

Krem - did you ever get the I44 version working? I never managed to get onto your server - it was always down when I tried.

I'm still waiting on ZK. He's working on civs. I'll give him a nudge again, as I want it out there, even if it is not COMPLETELY fixed.

Roger. I was just wondering if I had missed a link somewhere in this thread! Anyway, looking forward to it as I reckon it will be excellent with I44.