Sign in to follow this  
kremator

Kremator presents ... BattleZone, MSO, PatrolOps2 & ATCRabbit

Ahhhhh NOW I see Orcinus. That function is part of Patrol Ops and I have disabled it, as it is not needed as you can make troops on Construction (then press J on each of them) and they will join your team!

I will try to remove the option completely so that it doesn't confuse!

@AVIBIRD - I'll have a word with ZK to see if we could build in town capture (PERHAPS each town could build a few items that need to be knocked out) HOWEVER the BZ engine will kill all of these defences in time. Maybe that is what you want - to be able to help capture? The MSO system DOES (red/blue/white) show the status of towns, but I worry that we will be making a HUGE number of other AI (at maximum we hit about 400 AI with 2 bases, 2 sides 40 items each PLUS AI made with Patrol Ops) and that will negatively impact on gameplay FPS. For instance ZK CANNOT play my mission due to the number of AI (and other script inefficiencies)

I'll also try to clear my PM inbox now. It has shot up with LOTS of lovely PMs about the mission (THANKS GUYS!)

Krem

Aha! Thanks mate, I'll give it a whirl asap.

Cheers

Orcinus

later...

Hi mate

Unfortunately that didn't work - pressing J brings up a box across the top with the list of tasks. First time this happened I hit J again to cancel & got a black screen saying "exiting..." then the desktop. Ran it again, same thing except that it didn't exit or CTD. Here's the .RPT but doesn't look very revealing.

=====================================================================

== G:\ARMA II\arma2OA.exe

== "G:\ARMA II\arma2OA.exe" -malloc=tbb3malloc_bi -nosplash -skipintro -showscripterrors -window -world=empty -MOD=@CBA;@podagorsk;@okt_NoBlur

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2012/02/10 23:09:14

Current time: 2012/03/28 22:38:04

Version 1.60.87580

Unable to get my public IP address

File description.ext, line 0: '.OnloadIntro': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 0: '.minScore': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 1: '.avgScore': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 2: '.maxScore': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 4: '.onLoadMission': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 15: '.respawn': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 15: '.respawndelay': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 20: '.minScore': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 21: '.avgScore': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 22: '.maxScore': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 3: '.onloadmission': Missing ';' at the end of line

ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

File Campaigns\BattlefieldTakistan\missions\0.Takistan\\description.ext, line 61: '/CfgIdentities/tak.face': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Campaigns\BattlefieldTakistan\missions\1.Takistan\\description.ext, line 61: '/CfgIdentities/tak.face': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Campaigns\BattlefieldTakistan\missions\2.Takistan\\description.ext, line 61: '/CfgIdentities/tak.face': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Campaigns\BattlefieldTakistan\missions\3.Takistan\\description.ext, line 61: '/CfgIdentities/tak.face': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Campaigns\BattlefieldTakistan\missions\4.Takistan\\description.ext, line 61: '/CfgIdentities/tak.face': Missing ';' at the end of line

ca\misc\piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing

[25521,201.162,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=ZKs_BattleZone_V3MSO_v6b, worldName=FDF_Isle1_a, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[25521,201.914,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

ca\characters2\other\massgrave.p3d: house, config class missing

[25523,204.16,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[25523,204.305,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.178, "]

[25523,204.33,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=true, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-D:1, group=L 1-1-D, player=wman4, _playerType=US_Soldier_EP1", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A]

"MSO-4.451 Initialise Locations (82)"

"MSO-4.451 Mission Parameters"

"MSO-4.451 missiontime = 0"

"MSO-4.451 ViewDistance = 3500"

"MSO-4.478 Grass = 0"

"MSO-4.478 KOtime = 10"

"MSO-4.478 Containers = 2"

"MSO-4.478 BaseArea = 150"

"MSO-4.478 Factions = 3"

"MSO-4.478 Fortification = 0"

"MSO-4.478 Defences = 5"

"MSO-4.478 Soldiers = 5"

"MSO-4.478 Cars = 10"

"MSO-4.478 Trucks = 3"

"MSO-4.478 Tanks = 10"

"MSO-4.478 Helicopters = 10"

"MSO-4.478 Planes = 0"

"MSO-4.478 Ships = 2"

"MSO-4.478 totalbuild = 40"

"MSO-4.478 build_delay_base = 50"

"MSO-4.478 build_delay_start = 0"

"MSO-4.478 West1 = 1"

"MSO-4.478 West2 = 5"

"MSO-4.478 East1 = 1"

"MSO-4.478 East2 = 3"

"MSO-4.478 Guer1 = 1"

"MSO-4.478 Guer2 = 4"

"MSO-4.478 PVPmode = 0"

"MSO-4.478 Quickstart = 1"

"MSO-4.478 RemoteLink = 1"

"MSO-4.478 Weaponsonly = 1"

"MSO-4.478 Sides_Used = 1"

"MSO-4.478 convoys = 2"

"MSO-4.478 groupsize = 3"

"MSO-4.478 Skill = 70"

"MSO-4.478 Team_Names = 0"

"MSO-4.478 Allow_Groups = 5"

"MSO-4.478 Player_Build = 1"

"MSO-4.478 Crew_Vehicles = 0"

"MSO-4.478 Edit_Map = 0"

"MSO-4.478 debug_serverfps = 300"

"MSO-4.478 AmbientEnvironment = 0"

"MSO-4.478 AmbientCivs = 1"

"MSO-4.478 AmbientVehs = 1"

"MSO-4.478 AmbientAnimals = 1"

"MSO-4.478 tup_airtraffic_factions = 0"

"MSO-4.478 tup_airtraffic_intensity = 1"

"MSO-4.478 tup_airtraffic_ROE = 2"

"MSO-4.478 SupportHeader = 0"

"MSO-4.478 RMM_cas_frequency = 3600"

"MSO-4.478 RMM_cas_available = 3"

"MSO-4.478 TownManager = 1"

"MSO-4.478 twnmgr_status = 1"

"MSO-4.478 twnmgr_civ = 1"

"MSO-4.511 twnmgr_detected = 1"

"MSO-4.511 twnmgr_seized = 1"

"MSO-4.511 crb_tc_intensity = 2"

"MSO-4.511 crb_tc_markers = 1"

"MSO-4.511 faction_RU = 1"

"MSO-4.511 faction_ACE_RU = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_INS = 1"

"MSO-4.511 faction_GUE = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_BIS_TK = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_BIS_TK_INS = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_BIS_TK_GUE = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_CWR2_US = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_CWR2_RU = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_CWR2_FIA = 0"

"MSO-4.511 faction_tigerianne = 0"

"MSO-4.511 OCB_PO2_header = 1"

"MSO-4.511 MISSIONTYPE = 4"

"MSO-4.511 MISSIONCOUNT = 5"

"MSO-4.511 INJURYFACTOR = 4"

"MSO-4.511 MISSIONDIFF = 2"

"MSO-4.511 AIRDROPSENBLE = 1"

"MSO-4.511 LIFTCHPRENBLE = 1"

"MSO-4.511 AMBIECOUNT = 30"

"CRBSERVERFPS,Time,FPSMax,FPSCur,FPSMin,West,East,Guer,Civ,allUnits,allGroups"

"MSO-6.538 Town Manager - Starting"

"MSO-6.538 Town Manager - Locations: 6"

"MSO-8.816 TerrorCells: spawns(6) cells(5)"

"###### ZKs_BattleZone_V3MSO_v6b ######"

[9,"Executing init.sqf"]

Ref to nonnetwork object 5d080f00# 617243: baseball.p3d

"###### ZKs_BattleZone_V3MSO_v6b MPS.INIT ######"

[9,"Executing init_mps.sqf"]

Ref to nonnetwork object 5c8bcf00# 617251: baseball.p3d

Ref to nonnetwork object 5b910f00# 617271: baseball.p3d

Ref to nonnetwork object 5bafc800# 617270: baseball.p3d

Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds\vehicles\wheeled\sedan\ext\ext-sedan-getout-1.wss'

[36,"MISSION TASK CAP_vehicle.sqf"]

Behaviour

Behaviour

Behaviour

Behaviour

Cheers

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
New information

Wow, this mission set has taken up every free moment of my time since I stumbled upon it! I have had a few minor issues, nothing that really hurt the experience for me, but otherwise it does not fail to provide a quality evening at home.

The issues:

- On Faysh Khabur, my AI commander insisted on placing buildings on the tarmac/runway. This caused issues with aircraft cycling through to rearm. This only happened on one of three "play-thrus," however, so it was possibly just a glitch.

- In general, I seem to have a problem with getting air transport to execute orders cleanly. Or perhaps I am not understanding fully how to command them. An example: Trying to insert behind a group of enemies, the helo flew to my waypoint but then kept going. No "Land Now" or other such commands would execute. It then flew me to the other side of the map where a small Blufor contingent was sitting idle. I could have ejected, but I was trying to figure out what i was doing wrong. I did have fredkatz's ai_heli_control installed, so I disabled it and tried again. Things went a little better, but it just seems like the pilot is not interested in what I have to say most of the time.

- When driving a tank, AI gunner often will not recognize enemy forces at all. Once, I was tooling around Fallujah when I pulled around a corner only to come face-to-face with a T-72. I sat there waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did. The enemy gunner didn't appear to see me either. Finally I dropped into the gunner seat and took him out. The commander seems to constantly scan 360, and engages in a relatively timely fashion, but sometimes the gunner is asleep.

Thanks again for your work!

Hey Harzach,

1)I'm working through all the map putting NOBUILDHERE zones on runways. That will cure it.

2)You can click anywhere on the map and the helo will fly there IF IT IS NOT IN COMBAT. If it is, it will engage, or take evasive maneuvers.

3)Thats a BIS problem - Zonekiller has tried to overcome the BIS targetting by assigning targets that are close. I'll talk to him.

Glad you are enjoying it..... Namalsk is on the way soon.

Krem

Hi mate

Unfortunately that didn't work - pressing J brings up a box across the top with the list of tasks. First time this happened I hit J again to cancel & got a black screen saying "exiting..." then the desktop. Ran it again, same thing except that it didn't exit or CTD. Here's the .RPT but doesn't look very revealing.

You have to press J while in the Construction overhead view.. move the little circle over the unit and press J they should join your group right away. Make sure you have enough space in your group if you have the # of units in player group setting configured (ie: 5 units in your group max)

@Orcinus......there are no problems in the RPT. Do what Savage says. J in normal mode brings up the task as you have discovered.

Will release Namalsk tonight, following a successful test yesterday.

You have to press J while in the Construction overhead view.. move the little circle over the unit and press J they should join your group right away. Make sure you have enough space in your group if you have the # of units in player group setting configured (ie: 5 units in your group max)

Thanks! that works fine :)

Hey Harzach,

1)I'm working through all the map putting NOBUILDHERE zones on runways. That will cure it.

2)You can click anywhere on the map and the helo will fly there IF IT IS NOT IN COMBAT. If it is, it will engage, or take evasive maneuvers.

3)Thats a BIS problem - Zonekiller has tried to overcome the BIS targetting by assigning targets that are close. I'll talk to him.

Glad you are enjoying it..... Namalsk is on the way soon.

Krem

Great! Again, the buildings-on-runway problem only happened the one time for me, but it did cause some ... ground traffic issues. As for the gunner issue, I mentioned it only in case it had something to do with one of the mods incorporated into your release. Since it's a BIS problem, I'll just be more of a hands-on commander.

The heli problem continues to confound me, though. They will fly to my waypoint, no problem there, but they won't land. Instead, they move on to a new waypoint, the source of which is a mystery to me. Attempting to force a landing (Land Here) has no effect at best. At worst, the heli stops completely and holds that position no matter what. If I call for an air pick-up or ammo drop, that heli is designated (being the closest asset), but it just hangs there unmoving. On one occasion, after ejecting and moving on, I heard a second heli approaching. It was an Mi-8 (I dropped from a Huey). The Huey never moved, but it did kill the Hind. It did not appear to sustain any appreciable damage, either. I'll continue to test this issue in different scenarios.

Thanks!

Edited by Harzach

The 'non-moving' heli problem again is a BIS issue. The heli is waiting for unitReady (I believe) and gets confused when it gets too many orders. Have spoken with ZK about this, at length. Not much we can do I'm afraid.

Not sure WHY the Land Now isn't working - I'll test again at the weekend.

Even if the heli's become targets - at least they aren't firing at you! Perhaps the pilots have PTSD!

Even if the heli's become targets - at least they aren't firing at you!

More likely I'll start shooting at them!

Thanks for your quick responses!

Thanks for porting to Namalsk Krem. :)

What he said. Spent some time playing this late last night, really sweet to have another mission on Namalsk :)

One issue I found on this island & repeated on Podagorsk: I chose a 10-unit squad in the settings intending to have two teams. If I select "team leader" from construction->soldiers, I can't create any more units - the position circle stays red wherever I place it. No problem if I don't select a team leader. Hmm - wonder what will happen if I select the team leader last (i.e. as unit 10) instead of first (unit 2)? - will test, probably tomorrow.

Cheers

Orcinus

Weird. Will test that for you now mate.

As players are set as colonel there shouldn't be a problem. But let's see.

I'm working on version 6c presently that has quite a few changes. Having 21 islands supported takes a while to roll through changes :)

Weird. Will test that for you now mate.

As players are set as colonel there shouldn't be a problem. But let's see.

I'm working on version 6c presently that has quite a few changes. Having 21 islands supported takes a while to roll through changes :)

Hi Krem

Selecting the team leader last worked OK, so not something majorly important.

BTW (or maybe not) - with a 10-man team selected in the settings, in-game I got to 8 & had a message that my team was full when I added units 9 & 10 (used the E as per the hint to add them OK). IIRC, 8 is a limit from Patrol Ops.

One issue I did have (this was on Namalsk) - I had a 5-man team in a Bradley, an Opfor T-55 appeared & imbecilic AI gunner fired the last 2 TOWs at it - ignoring the barn 30m away in the line of fire, duh. Jumped out to fire my NLAW at it. My unit #3 (MG) got out of the tank and as he did so, his icon disappeared - he was no longer a team member. Is desertion/cowardice in the face of the enemy a feature of ZK's Battlezone??

(Heh, that would make an interesting addon - bad leadership has a chance one or more of your team will go AWOL :cool: )

Looking forward to the updates.

One wish as an SP player - changing your units' gear can be very slow as I find invariably that, on ordering a unit to move to the ammo crates and selecting 'gear' from menu 6, the gear screen opens & closes immediately (I've seen this occasionally in other SP games, sometimes just for one or 2 units; could be an engine thing). Means I have to drop my gear, take desired weapons from the crate, drop them, have a unit pick them up, repeat for each unit whose gear I wish to change. While doing that AI-driven vehicles injure or even kill my units, quite apart from enemy attacks... on Taviana it took me over 25 minutes, including knocking down 3 OPFOR choppers, having medics heal injured 5 or 6 times (all RTAs, dammit), and having one squished by a Linebacker.

Any chance of adding an empty truck with ammo & weapons in it (same mix as per crate if possible so as to keep the semi-randomness)? - loading team units into a truck makes gear changing much easier from the map->units->gear screen.

Thanks for these missions & your & ZK team's excellent work on them - great fun :D

BR

Orcinus

Ahhh the ONLY drawback with the DOFIRE code (to overcome BIS targetting problems) is that they MAY try to fire though walls/mountains :(

When you jumped out, BZ thought that YOU had deserted your vehicle and then took control off you :)

There is a version4 in the works (testing it now on my locked server), but I don't think it has that functionality.

Remember the idea is NOT to make this really easy, but to get you to have some restrictions. The AI can't overcome enemy bases easily on their own - you have to help. Likewise you won't be godlike without the help of AI.

Finally, remember that I'm NOT the coder, I only stitch things together. So if those functions don't exist with the original missions, chances are I WON'T be able to fix it.

Ahhh the ONLY drawback with the DOFIRE code (to overcome BIS targetting problems) is that they MAY try to fire though walls/mountains :(

Yeah, happens in various missions. If I'd had time to think about it I'ld have switched to the gunner's seat.

When you jumped out, BZ thought that YOU had deserted your vehicle and then took control off you :)

Aha - that explains why my crew took off without me in another situation, and the buggers wouldn't come back! I didn't know that was a feature. Interesting...

There is a version4 in the works (testing it now on my locked server), but I don't think it has that functionality.

Remember the idea is NOT to make this really easy, but to get you to have some restrictions. The AI can't overcome enemy bases easily on their own - you have to help. Likewise you won't be godlike without the help of AI.

Finally, remember that I'm NOT the coder, I only stitch things together. So if those functions don't exist with the original missions, chances are I WON'T be able to fix it.

Not sure which functionality you mean. Having units go AWOL was a quarter-baked idea for a separate add-on. The truck would be nice though. I really like that the missions are challenging & the restrictions on availability of gear (for example) are fine - means the player has to think & plan - but the hassle of rearming in SP is a real PITA.

Cheers

Orcinus

Thought about using ASR_AI for rearming ? I run it on my server and client .... lovely bit of code.

Thought about using ASR_AI for rearming ? I run it on my server and client .... lovely bit of code.

Agreed, & even better it also reduces the laser accuracy of the AI since 1.60.

Apologies, using 'rearming' wasn't the best choice to refer to the problem of changing initial load-outs. Example - in one run my AT soldier had a MAAWS but there were no MAAWS rockets available, however there were several NLAW launchers & lots of missiles; so, as we were heading off on a long journey through enemy-held territory, I wanted to swap the MAAWS for an NLAW. Sending him to the crates didn't work as the gear screen is displayed only momentarily. And so on...

BR

Orcinus

UPDATE: ALL MAPS UPDATED TO VERSION 6c!

Brill :)

Thanks, Krem!

Hmmmm. Will investigate.

EDIT: OK all you have to do is right click the link and 'Save As....' All links are fine.

Edited by Kremator

Working on getting Warfare to work inside the mission as well.

Will get around to Sahrani eventually :)