Sign in to follow this  
kremator

Kremator presents ... BattleZone, MSO, PatrolOps2 & ATCRabbit

Is there gonna be A2 only version ;>?

Nope sorry mate. Only CO.

As I'm taking it from what Zonekiller has done - and it uses items that are CO I'm afraid.

Fallujah is really fun, but weirdly I got massive slowdown even though I didn't have a lot of cpu/ram usage, so thats weird. I also noticied I had very few infantry, just enough helicopters to blot out the sun.

One small detail of mine is that I lack seeing wrecks from vehicles after a battle, is there a toggle to make them persistent?

Will check the settings on Fallujah, but it SHOULD be limited to 40 units in total, with AI commander making things every 50 seconds. The soldiers that are made (from construction) are only designed to patrol your base (defaulted at 5). If a vehicle gets knocked out the AI disembark and will move to the closest enemy base.

Did you change anything in the params ? Also check your viewdistance - lower it to see if that helps.

On the wreck front - considering the war that is going on around you, if wrecks WEREN'T removed you would need a supercomputer to draw them after a few minutes!

Glad you are enjoying it!

Krem

Krem, you´re a real Porting Maniac! :D Thanks!

Hehe ... I like to give people options :) Each island has a different feel and perhaps a different play style. Not having airports really makes a difference for instance.

Yes. This one :

Namalsk and / or Chernarus would be nice. :D

;)

@Humvee: - Chernarus is already available, see link in first post.

+1 for Namalsk suggestion :)

@Humvee: - Chernarus is already available, see link in first post.

+1 for Namalsk suggestion :)

Thanks, i know. I have only edited an old Post from me with Namalsk in bold. ;)

Amazing stuff! The only island I would like to see added is Tora Bora, but it features no airfields.

Thanks for your great work!

Let me first say this is a kick ass mission and the next step forward in the evolution of arma gameplay/gamemode. If bohemia wants to know why arma is not more popular in the general gaming community they should like why gamemodes like domination/warefare and new variations like this is not right out of the box from them. Yes without bohemia giving our gaming community scripters the ability to make such masterpieces they could not but that is not the point. Why can't they just make a few gamemodes like this to show what this game really can be. Most players who tryed arma and did not get hook will never know the potential of this game and that is truly sad. Kremator and Zonekiller thank you for the next generation of gamemodes for arma. PS for anyone who wants to know I got the save function and teamswitch fucntion to work in the mission just PM.

Okies Namalsk it is. Will work on it later today.

Sounds like ZK is working on a V4 version, that I will integrate as soon as released.

Cheers

Krem

UPDATE: Two more islands done today.

I44 variants on the way too :)

Wow Kremator hopefully you'll get some sleep soon. I've been distracted with the new I44 release and come back to this thread today and see all these wonderful maps now included!!

Thanks for your hard work!!

:yay:

Once we get this sorted on I44 .... there will be NO sleep for you :)

But thanks for your thanks :)

hehe.. can I forward my wife's complaints to you then?? :p

Hi Krem

I've been having fun mainly on Podagorsk just tagging along with the AIs. However I thought I'ld try leading a squad, but whenever I go into the barracks to recruit some grunts- even straight after the initialisation finishes & the barracks is newly-built - I get told "No units available". Same thing happens on Chernarus, Taviana, Qom, etc. Am I doing something dumb? I looked in the ZK thread but didn't find anything (might have missed it ofc). Any ideas appreciated. A lot of the missions send one a long way off & I fly like a lead balloon.

TIA

Orcinus

BR

Orcinus

Hey Orcinus,

If the barracks was built WHILE you were in construction or remote construction mode it will be greyed out. If this happens come out of construction and back into it again.

I'll check but I'm sure that's the problem.

Hey Kremator your mail box has exceeded stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until you clear some space!

I have a few questions and some input for you sir. If I keep the default time to 50 seconds for base building time the AI keeps building structures to fast if you are playing alone or with a few players.

If you push back the time 2 or 5 minutes that works for the base part to allow my group to blow up all the buildings but the AI units are to slow to mount any real attack on you or counterattack at your base.

Is there a way to keep the buliding time to 5 minutes while keeping the units to default time of 50 seconds as well as the base defense units to a different time like 2 minutes. Could you put that in for the next update different build times for items.

You know I love your mission it is the next step in the evolution of gameplay for arma. The mission has so much dynamic play with the base building, base defense and the random attacks/engagements around the map.

Don't take this the wrong way but In evolution if something works nature keeps it and builds on it. Domination has the best city capture/recapture format/setup around. Yes the base attacks at the airports are very weak and the random engagements around the map are inadequate if you are playing with a few human players and can't hold a candle to your (Zonekiller & Kremator and with the help of some others) mission.

I think if you added the domination city capture/recapture setup and the option to turn on/off the side missions(which is already in the options) WOW now you will have the best of domination and your masterpiece together.

I tryed to merge a standard domination mission with yours with the side missions turned off in the domination and no airport base for west. I failed miserably with that lol my working knowledge of scripting is limited to cut and paste and change some things within a code line that's all.

Would you ever think about using the city capture setup from domination and add it to your mission? If not could you help me make one for my own personal use lol. What does everyone thing about this idea and above all what do you think about this. Avibird.

Hi Krem

No, I don't think that's it. The base is built automatically with a barracks appearing very soon after the init finishes - anyway, with the default 350 m setting it can take up to a couple of minutes to spot it depending on terrain.

I enter, move to the gun rack & see the yellow 'recruit' entry in the action menu but when I select that option, I get a message at the top-right of the screen saying no units are available. I've gone back at intervals but always get the same message. This is with the default settings, vanilla CO 1.11/1.60, playing as SP in the MP mode (local PC as both server & client).

Br

Orcinus

Hi Krem

No, I don't think that's it. The base is built automatically with a barracks appearing very soon after the init finishes - anyway, with the default 350 m setting it can take up to a couple of minutes to spot it depending on terrain.

I enter, move to the gun rack & see the yellow 'recruit' entry in the action menu but when I select that option, I get a message at the top-right of the screen saying no units are available. I've gone back at intervals but always get the same message. This is with the default settings, vanilla CO 1.11/1.60, playing as SP in the MP mode (local PC as both server & client).

Br

Orcinus

Are you talking about your barracks at your base or the enemy barracks. You can only recruit from your barracks in the overhead view (I think).